Top 10 teams around southern ohio by division?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Top 10 teams around southern ohio by division?

Post by Ironman92 »

stacey7722 wrote:Lynchburg Clay is a very athletic team. They are well coached and hungry. When clay scores 75 + they will be very hard to beat. They can light up the score board and typically hold teams to around 30. They realistically could have hung 100 on everyone they played this year except Wheelersburg and Southeastern. Who do you guard? Clay has a roster of kids that could score 20 every night. If you get a chance to see them you should. They are definitely worth the price of admission. Fast paced, loaded with girls that can fill it up and girls that enjoy sitting in a stance and getting after it on defense. Lynchburg Clay has been as impressive as they could be at almost the midway point of the season.

D3 is pretty solid in the SE....doubtful they are scoring 75 past the sectionals. They'll have to win the 49-44 games to get deep. No reason they won't or can't, just saying.

LC and Ironton would be a good game I feel. Teams like Fairland, Alexander, Nelsonville could be good enough to keep the score down. Eastern Brown with Day back will be a much better game.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I have a feeling nobody on here has seen all these teams play. Nobody from Waterford has seen Ironton play and nobody from Ironton has seen them. Here's the big question, are they both D-3? Could they meet up in the tourney?

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

Waterford is D4

Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Waterford, I believe- lost state championship game last year by 2 points- a very seasoned D4 team that should do well in tourney again this year. Hard for anybody to rank all these teams unless your are the Purple Hippo traveling to all these gyms and seeing them all! LOL! There are many good teams in the SE this year that could do well at tourney time. Games are about match-ups. Some teams that are really good could go down to a lesser team if they happen to draw a team that is a match-up nightmare for them. That's the beauty of the tourney. You have to win your match-up. Some of the better teams-"regardless of division" , in the SE are- Lynchburg Clay-very impressive. Wheelersburg- tough, gritty team that guards and will challenge you. South Webster-ditto, solid and probably my favorite to watch. Ironton-wow-can beat you in so many ways and they have Barrier and they are seasoned! Minford-solid team led by a very good Erin Daniels. Nelsonville York- 2 really good players and play solid. Fort Frye- always tough and coached well. My eyes are on tourney draws and match ups. Patiently waiting to see how high River Valley gets ranked after last years fiasco!

Haythey
Waterboy

Post by Haythey »

D3
1. Ironton
2. Lynchburg clay
3. Wheelersburg
4. Southeastern
5. Nelsonville York
6. Westfall
7. Alexander
8. Minford
9. Oak hill
10. Huntington

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think Nelsonville and Alexander best Southeastern

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Westfall already beat Southeastern

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Waterford
2. Ironton
3. Lynchburg Clay
4. Vinton Co
5. South Webster
6. Nelsonville
7. Wheelersburg
8. Alexander
9. Westfall
10. Logan
11. Southeastern
12. Fairland
13. Fairfield Union
14. Greenfield
15. North Adams
16. Eastern Brown
Last edited by Ironman92 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Ironman92 isn't Waterford D4?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

stacey7722 wrote:Ironman92 isn't Waterford D4?
Yep, so is SW, NA and I have Logan, FU and others in D2....tried to do everyone

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote:1. Waterford
2. Ironton
3. Lynchburg Clay
4. Nelsonville
5. Alexander
6. South Webster
7. Vinton Co
8. Wheelersburg
9. Westfall
10. Logan
11. Southeastern
12. Fairland
13. Fairfield Union
14. Greenfield
15. North Adams
16. Eastern Brown
I have a feeling South Webster and Wheelersburg are a little higher on the list.

South Webster just beat Alexander @ Alexander the other day.

I would DEFINITELY take Wheelersburg over Nelsonville York. The Ironton vs. Wheelersburg girls game will be a real battle, but I'd take Wheelersburg in that one (we shall see.)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

Ironman92 wrote:
stacey7722 wrote:Ironman92 isn't Waterford D4?
Yep, so is SW, NA and I have Logan, FU and others in D2....tried to do everyone
North Adams is back to Division III this year

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:1. Waterford
2. Ironton
3. Lynchburg Clay
4. Nelsonville
5. Alexander
6. South Webster
7. Vinton Co
8. Wheelersburg
9. Westfall
10. Logan
11. Southeastern
12. Fairland
13. Fairfield Union
14. Greenfield
15. North Adams
16. Eastern Brown
I have a feeling South Webster and Wheelersburg are a little higher on the list.

South Webster just beat Alexander @ Alexander the other day.

I would DEFINITELY take Wheelersburg over Nelsonville York. The Ironton vs. Wheelersburg girls game will be a real battle, but I'd take Wheelersburg in that one (we shall see.)
Forgot SW winning at Alex. Has Alex and Nelsonville played yet? I had Nelsonville only losing to Waterford by 6...that impressed me a ton.

If you think Burg beats Ironton then you must have Lynchburg above Ironton as they beat Burg by 13 or so

I think teams 4-8 are very close....it'll all play out

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nelsonville beat Alex also and played Waterford very tight, but did lose to Vinton County....I edited my list above

Haythey
Waterboy

Post by Haythey »

Yes southeastern lost 2 Lynchburg clay and 2 westfall by 2 @westfall they had 10 pt lead til last few minutes couldnt hit foul shots down the stretch se is playing 10 times better now beat a very good north adams team by 20 next Tuesday Jan 12th westfall @ se

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton (15-0) (10-0)

Ironton 48 Chillicothe 37
Ironton 46 Raceland 41
Ironton 67 Portsmouth 16
Ironton 68 Fairland 26
Ironton 79 Gallia Acad 34
Ironton 64 Rock Hill 34
Ironton 63 Chesapeake 30
Ironton 75 Ashland, Ky 63
Ironton 53 Russell, Ky 44
Ironton 89 Gallia Acad 22
Ironton 48 South Point 37
Ironton 86 Coal Grove 51
Ironton 78 Portsmouth 34
Ironton 44 Fairland 34
Ironton 48 Centerville 34
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Team to watch:

Greenfield McClain....this past week they upended 11-0 Lynchburg Clay and then beat 12-1 Clinton Massie by 12 points. They are 11-3 but play great defense and have one of the better players in Taylor Polley

Bigbadballer
Waterboy

Post by Bigbadballer »

He SCOL never gets any talk or love on this sight. Lynchburg is overrated and just run up and down. Greenfield is very good. They r gritty and tough!! Who has beat them? Massie, Alexander, and MT all good teams.
Chillicothe in SCOL is another really good club. They beat undefeated Watterson squad and have only lost to quality teams. MT is 14-2 and their best players are all sophomores. They just beat massie at massie. These teams can play with anybody but yet never get any attention!!! Watch out for this league come tourney time!!!

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Bigbadballer wrote:He SCOL never gets any talk or love on this sight. Lynchburg is overrated and just run up and down. Greenfield is very good. They r gritty and tough!! Who has beat them? Massie, Alexander, and MT all good teams.
Chillicothe in SCOL is another really good club. They beat undefeated Watterson squad and have only lost to quality teams. MT is 14-2 and their best players are all sophomores. They just beat massie at massie. These teams can play with anybody but yet never get any attention!!! Watch out for this league come tourney time!!!

Lynchburg is not a bad team, they are pretty athletic with shooters and play very good defense. I think they are a little more than run up and down. I believe South Eastern (chilli) southeastern (brown) and Wheelersburg could attest to that. They lost to a very good and "gritty" Greenfield team who played with a very good game plan. I would not write off 13-1 Lynchburg clay just yet. You will win a lot of games when your giving up less than 35 per.

Bigbadballer
Waterboy

Post by Bigbadballer »

Lynchburg is a nice team but don't get enough competition from within the league. Wheelersburg was a nice win, but they showed very little discipline in later part of game against greenfield. Press was not affective and took bad shots time and time again. Not the recipe for winning I. Tourney. Nice bunch of athletes but not as sold as you are to this point. In SCOL they lose three or four games for sure. Greenfield is a really good team I agree!

Return to “Girls Basketball”