Doug Hale remains head coach, now hired as principal of OHHS

oak_hill_oaks
Waterboy

Re: Doug Hale remains head coach, now hired as principal of OHHS

Post by oak_hill_oaks »

whythehale? wrote:Mr. McCoy retired the day before the meeting. I would have loved to have been at this meeting. I think the Times-Journal is a little biased (not just this issue, but previously as well) so the weekend news article is just a bunch of fluff. Doug gave in and I am happy that the school board stood up against the crazy antics that were surrounding this hot topic.

Agreed!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

blizzardman wrote:
"This is a good point. Did he write a letter of reccomendation to himself, interview himself and go through the whole process. He seriously had to of appointed himself!"

the board of education hired him. you really cant be that naive. hey, maybe he hypnotized them all while they were in executive session and they all fell prey.

isnt this what most of you posters wanted. this is a win win for everybody except(monetarily) for mr hale.

1)mr hale is not the super
2)mr hale is still the coach of a successful bball program that he built
3)mr hale still has a job at the school
4)the board members look like heroes.

this is primarily for the oak hill folks:
why all the negativity now? make up your minds folks. honestly, what else do you want?

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

From the Times-Journal article ...
When he and the Board returned to the Oak Hill High School cafetorium, Hale — to loud applause and a standing ovation from an estimated 70 individuals — said “I’ll be coaching the Lady Oaks next year.”

What is this "Hoosiers"? :lol:

"Call for a re-vote!"
"Coach stays!"

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

^^^^^

Wow. Just Wow.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

great movie!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Doug Hale ... Norman Dale ... is there some pattern here?
No offense to the Oak Hill district, but this is theater of the absurd if you ask me, but nobody did! :122249

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Will an Oak Hill native be the next Superintendent?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

will jeff conroy return to oak hill?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Honestly, I am impressed that Doug made this decision. He really showed where his heart is at this time and it is still coaching. So hats off to him. We all know that when he decides to finish coaching that the super job will be waiting for him, and he completely deserves it, he truly is the face of the Oak Hill community.

Whether the stepping down of the principal is fishy or not, qualified has a point (which pains me to agree with him), this is what most people wanted on here wanted. Which was the right decision.

The funny thing is, in essence he had to hire himself as the principal. It is the super's job to make recommendations for hire. But it is good to see that it all worked out.

oak_hill_oaks
Waterboy

Post by oak_hill_oaks »

know your role wrote:Honestly, I am impressed that Doug made this decision. He really showed where his heart is at this time and it is still coaching. So hats off to him. We all know that when he decides to finish coaching that the super job will be waiting for him, and he completely deserves it, he truly is the face of the Oak Hill community.

Whether the stepping down of the principal is fishy or not, qualified has a point (which pains me to agree with him), this is what most people wanted on here wanted. Which was the right decision.

The funny thing is, in essence he had to hire himself as the principal. It is the super's job to make recommendations for hire. But it is good to see that it all worked out.

So you're saying that when the BOE hires a new super, they should tell that person the job is only theirs until Doug Hale wants it back? Doug chose to coach basketball, now the BOE needs to find someone for the super position who is qualified and ready to lead the District forward. And that job should belong to that person as long as they wish, as long as they are performing satisfactorily.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

know your role wrote:We all know that when he decides to finish coaching that the super job will be waiting for him,

Girls Basketball Coach is more important than Superintendent?
Just askin' ...

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

WitnessProtection wrote:
know your role wrote:We all know that when he decides to finish coaching that the super job will be waiting for him,

Girls Basketball Coach is more important than Superintendent?
Just askin' ...

In Oak Hill? Yes, to a lot of people it is.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

IMO this whole mess just goes to show that sports in Southern Ohio, is the tail that wags the dog of Education! How sad.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

glad to see coach hale will be coaching

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

how does a real educator answer this question in an interview for the superintendent's job?

What do you think about the high school/midde school proncipal who want's this job also coaching girl's basketball and what do you intend to do after 3 years as superintendent?

seems to me that Doug Hale control's Oak Hill schools and the school board was more worrred about saving face than doing the right thing.

This seems either or to me. either you don't want administrators coaching or you do. If the superintendent can't coach why can the principal? If the principal can coach why not the superintendent?

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

By the way, before one half of the Oak Hill posters get upset, I think Doug Hale is by far the best bball coah around, and for all I know may be the best administrator.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Here is a question? What if the New Superintendent comes in and puts in a policy that no administrators (supers, principals, AD's, etc...) can coach? What then? Does the board of Education support this or will the super be told what to do?

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Regulator,
First of all, the board has to vote on policy before it goes into effect. So if the new super wants this to be in effect it would have to be passed by the board (which is not going to happen).

Secondly, if it gets passed (which it wouldn't) then he would probably get grandfathered in, and it would go for anyone that gets hired in the future.

Hope this helps with your question.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

I would like to know why he couldn't coach as the Superintendent but can as
the Principal both are Administrators.

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

Wow, what a story! Let the push for a championship begin. Mr. Hale must do some work to catch up with Coach Persin. I wish the staff and students at Oak Hill High school the best, being from the community, I want the test scores to stay strong and keep putting academics first.

Return to “Girls Basketball”