South Point Vs. Oak Hill

And the winner is........

Total votes: 0

PicketFence
Waterboy

Re: South Point Vs. Oak Hill

Post by PicketFence »

Congrats to Oak Hill, good luck at state! On a side note, Laken Caudill plays like no freshman, she's been one of the best players on the floor for all of the tourney run for the lady Oaks.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

yes caudill has stepped it up big time for the oaks...she handles the ball out front really well too...CONGRATS AGAIN LADY OAKS!!

Safetyman
Riding the Bench

Post by Safetyman »

First off, congrats to Coach Hale and the Lady Oaks! Good luck at State. This Pointer will be cheering for you.
And a BIG congratulations to the Lady Pointers for something that has never been done before. (The Elite Eight) You should be very proud. What a task!!!! You girls worked very hard for that and you should enjoy it. A special thanks to Erika Leighty, what a super season and a great 4 years you have put in. Thanks again. Good luck!!!! Looking forward to next year with this very young team. To all the Pointers out there that havent got to watch the Lady Pointers this year - well shame on you.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

good job lady oaks and lady pointers
take all the way oaks represent southern ohio with pride
buckeye221 wrote:CONGRATS SOUTH POINT on making the Elite 8 and nearly missing out on the final four this year!

Congrats to Oak Hill on a fine season and goodluck the rest of the way. I think it is awesome the fan support that those girls have.

The Lady Pointers proved that they deserved to be right there playing in the regional championship game. I think the difference in the game was the Pointers forced Oak Hill to play their fast paced style of basketball in the first half and Oak Hill was breathing hard going into halftime. The second half Oak Hill slowed it waaaaaay down and the Pointers got out of sync. At times they forced the tempo back up and when they did, they scored...just wasn't enough. Someone mentioned South Point not subbing and that is because they never sub hardly. They really do not have a deep bench, but I think #23 can play right up there among the starters, infact she has started some games before. South Point did foul because they were out of gas, they fouled because they had to. Oak Hill did a great job of holding the ball and stalling the game to force South Point to foul. Another difference in the game was second half rebounding. That hurt South Point a lot. However they did not run out of gas at the end...they are used to pressing and running full court the entire game of every game they play. They never stop pressing, these girls are used to it and they do not get tired. They are used to having to play most of the game and not have subs in for them. So last night was nothing new for South Point. South Point can out run and out hustle any team around, gaurantee that. They only lose one senior, which was a great one! Expect to see them make a regional trip the next two years or so....hopefully they can get a deeper bench next year. But congrats to both teams on a great game. Goodluck to Oak Hill the rest of the way.
great season pointers
oak hill doesnt lose anyone either so im smelling rematch

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

[size=150]WAY TO GO LADY OAKS !!! Hats off to a great South Point team, which never gave up until the game was over. I feel it takes two teams like these to make the other one better. We all know, you only get better by playing someone good, that makes you work for that win. Thanks Pointers, but most thanks to our lady Oaks & coaches for taking our team & community on this great ride back to the state !!!!!! Good Luck at State !!!!!!! :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Congrats to the Lady Oaks on a second trip to the state for your school. The fan base for Oak Hill is awesome. Keep it up. Student body does a GREAT job supporting both boys and girls.

On a side note, I was shocked at how few South Point fans showed up for an Elite 8 game. You have a GREAT team and they deserved better support. Good job pointers I can see us meeting again next year.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

lady_oaks_fan3362 wrote:

On a side note, I was shocked at how few South Point fans showed up for an Elite 8 game. You have a GREAT team and they deserved better support. Good job pointers I can see us meeting again next year.

You have to remember that Oak Hill is 45 minutes closer to Lancaster than South Point. Also the band at South Point was having an auction and spaghetti dinner planned that night as well which had already been rescheduled once due to the weather. IF the game would have stayed at 1:30 we could have done both. I would say there was probably 150-200 at that. So I am sure that many other kids would have been there and quite a few of the parents as well, me and my family of 4 would have made the trip. We were there when they beat Ironton. Not to mention the kids whose families live even closer to Lancaster than Oak Hill ;-)

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

honestly though, whats 45 minutes when your team has a chance to go to the final four?

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

qualified101 wrote:honestly though, whats 45 minutes when your team has a chance to go to the final four?

It is what it is...

I thought South Point had a great crowd and full of energy. Of course it wasn't as big as Oak Hill's, nobody is disputing that. I know there were many people that definitely wanted to go, but just could not work it out. The ones that were there made up for it! I hope when they make it back next year that they will have an even bigger crowd. There is no doubt that everyone from South Point supports these girls and we are very proud of them!

Return to “Girls Basketball”