Jackson vs South Point 2/16

Pol pot
SE

Re: Jackson vs South Point 2/16

Post by Pol pot »

When the Mitchell lowers her shoulder and wills her way to the hoop there is not much you can do. She can take over.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

As close as you can come to one player willing her team to win! For Jackson, live by the trey, die by the trey. They weren't making many, they had the lead and the ball and were in the bonus. Should not have kept throwing up shots from the outside! I feel sorry for Harless going down in the last minute with a knee injury that looked like would have ended her season even if they had won a few more, at a time they were just down two, probably feeling like her career was over, then a half minute later realizing the pain of it being over for sure.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

not much choice when you have no inside game and when you did drive and get killed by three players with no call.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

No inside game? Poe is no slouch and the couple times I seen them there was another girl who worked well opposite Poe. That is what I love about the tournament, on any given night things cn happen. Have to agree about the upset, still Jackson as a bright future the couple of years.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

Last night I got to see the Jackson girls for the 5th time. Seems like they had a certain rotation and stuck pretty well to it during these games and the first 4 I watched they all won, but last night they were doing ok but also struggling a little until later in the 3rd when some of the bench players and some of the starters pulled out to a 7 point lead and really looked to be flowing pretty well. Then to start the 4th they replace some of those 5 and the lead vanished almost immediately. Jackson had open shots all night but many were not even close and South Point wanted the rebounds more. The one South Point girl must've had about 30 points and about 20 were layups on the right side.

Just wasn't Jackson's night. I thought Jackson could make a long run this year. 18 wins is alot Jackson should be proud.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson was lead in scoring by Kari Jenkins and Heather Chapman with 11. Ridout had 9 and Whitney Wills had 7 off of the bench. Sarah Martin led the team in rebounds and was clearly a spark in the 3rd quarter. I think she only played maybe a quarter but had 8 rebounds and 2 points.

Not sure of the total rebounds for each team but the little guard who was about 5'4 must've had 10 or so for South Point and Mitchell probably had a dozen.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

ohst#1 wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO SOUTH POINT!!!!!!!!!!!! LET THAT BE A LESSON TO THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO UNDERESTIMATE THE OVC!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!
They play the games to see who will win on that day in time. I don't think the game result gives credence to any underestimation or disrespect for South Point. The #3 to #6 seeds were very comparable, and I think the seeding was done more fairly this year than almost any other year. Both the 3/6 and 4/5 games were closely contested and both losing teams I'm sure were very disappointed and can look back on many things they could have done different to give them a better chance, but in no way was it unfair due to disrespect or underestimation for them to have been playing each other.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

mhs95_06 wrote:
ohst#1 wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO SOUTH POINT!!!!!!!!!!!! LET THAT BE A LESSON TO THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO UNDERESTIMATE THE OVC!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!
They play the games to see who will win on that day in time. I don't think the game result gives credence to any underestimation or disrespect for South Point. The #3 to #6 seeds were very comparable, and I think the seeding was done more fairly this year than almost any other year. Both the 3/6 and 4/5 games were closely contested and both losing teams I'm sure were very disappointed and can look back on many things they could have done different to give them a better chance, but in no way was it unfair due to disrespect or underestimation for them to have been playing each other.
look i really wasnt reffering to the tour-just in general most of ohio looks down on the ovc as not being very good competition-but thats wrong! case in point when fairland was to play oakhill...alot of people was gettn on here talkn about oaks winning by 30+...well until they actually played then alot of people had to change their tunes.

Troy
Freshman Team

Post by Troy »

My eyes are bleeding.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

RedSolo wrote:My eyes are bleeding.
sorry-im in a bad mood:(

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

The OVC is good this year. No one should deny that! But it has historically been a pretty weak girls' sports league. South Point has been pretty good recently.

Anyone have numbers to the contrary?

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

pigskinguru wrote:The OVC is good this year. No one should deny that! But it has historically been a pretty weak girls' sports league. South Point has been pretty good recently.

nope your the expert right???????????????????????? well this is FACT i dont know about the ovc as a whole the next 2yrs but as far as fairland goes they will b solid :)

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

becareful alot of things can happen in two years.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

VCROCKS wrote:becareful alot of things can happen in two years.
unless theres a disaster and like 15 girls move out of the area-ya your right

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

ohst#1 wrote:
pigskinguru wrote:The OVC is good this year. No one should deny that! But it has historically been a pretty weak girls' sports league. South Point has been pretty good recently.

nope your the expert right???????????????????????? well this is FACT i dont know about the ovc as a whole the next 2yrs but as far as fairland goes they will b solid :)

Not an expert. Wondering what success the OVC has had in years past... I know about South Point. Was wondering what the rest of the league has done. Don't think it has been very strong? Fairland should be very good barring injuries or transfers.

ohst#1
Freshman Team

Post by ohst#1 »

pigskinguru wrote:
ohst#1 wrote:

Not an expert. Wondering what success the OVC has had in years past... I know about South Point. Was wondering what the rest of the league has done. Don't think it has been very strong? Fairland should be very good barring injuries or transfers.
ya south point has prob been the dominant team as far as the ovc goes, fairland not so much but coach buchanan is building a great program and hes finally getting the help he needed. so i guess u r right in the ovc being not very successful in the past-and even though we r 21-0 i still hear about it and get very tired of it.

Return to “Girls Basketball”