Ironton vs. Oak Hill

bucksfan76
JV Team

Re: Ironton vs. Oak Hill

Post by bucksfan76 »

sportnut wrote:
bryanc45 wrote:funny sportnut you obviously haven't seen all i games i have we look wonderful in all of them.
South Points gonna give you a loss in your house.
This is funny to me,not that South Point cant beat Oak Hill cause they can but you saying on another thread that South Point was not all that good and every player plays out of control and all kinds of other crap. Oh and one other thing didnt you say ironton was not a 1 man team cause 16 of a teams 24 points and if she was guarded by 3 or 4 players and others could only score 8 points then IMO that is a great definition of a 1 man team.

GO Pointers these games the last couple of years have all been good ones and I expect nothing less this time around

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

yeah basket number 11 name is breanna butler and she was really on her game tonight. The coach had the oaks ready to play hopefully we can play that way againest S.P and get another win under our belt. I don't know much about S.P and how good their players are.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

bryanc45 wrote:yeah basket number 11 name is breanna butler and she was really on her game tonight. The coach had the oaks ready to play hopefully we can play that way againest S.P and get another win under our belt. I don't know much about S.P and how good their players are.
On her game? Well Oak Hill was 15 of 48 from the field; but hit 23 of their 29 free throws. Ironton shot only 6 free throws. HUH????

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

puckett graduated last year and strite graduates this year. And then caudill came down from V.C the razor.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

and then burton is from minford.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

The Razor wrote:Not trying to stir the pot, but just wondering if all these girls are from Oak Hill now. I know some of the ladies that had transferred in had graduated. Didn't know if they had others come in or not. So, are these girls all from Oak Hill now?
Well while we have the pot on the stove did Elswick play for Ironton last year??

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

Way to go Lady Oaks

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

If you really want to start something i want to know something from an ironton fan. If your team is suppose to be so good. Where was all your fans last night. On our side the stands were full to support our lady oaks i look over and ironton never had many fans just wondered why if your suppose to be a good team.

basketballnut
Waterboy

Post by basketballnut »

I was very torn between watching the Jackson vs Minford game and Oak Hill vs Ironton, but was glad to have choosen Oak Hill vs Ironton !!! I am neither a fan Oak Hill or Ironton, just a fan of the game! I watch all over southeastern Ohio and even venture north when time allows. Oak Hill by far was the better team. I felt Oak Hill started off slow but ended up playing their game at the end. The refree comment was a far stretch for Ironton to say caused the loss, Oak Hill in the first half had double the fouls, it did flip flop in the second half, but only because Ironton could not handle the intense defense. It was plain to see that Ironton was so frustrated by Oak Hill's defense that they had no answer to it.
After reading the comments about the out of town players, I investigated these rumors. I found out that none of the Oak Hill players have ever worn another jersey in their high school career other than that of Oak Hill. So I guess that can put those rumors to rest.
Advice to Oak Hill, just play your game, I think changing your whole strategy for 1 player on a team slowed you down a little tonight! Looking forward to watch you later on in the year. Good Luck to the Oak Hill Lady Oaks!
Advice to Ironton, Elswick is a fine player, but the team needs to gain confidence that everyone can score. Oak Hill's defense gave you alot of trouble, Jackson and Logan play the same type of pressure defense. I can't wait to watch your team evolve this year. Good Luck to the Ironton Lady Tigers!

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

md2020 wrote:
The Razor wrote:Not trying to stir the pot, but just wondering if all these girls are from Oak Hill now. I know some of the ladies that had transferred in had graduated. Didn't know if they had others come in or not. So, are these girls all from Oak Hill now?
Well while we have the pot on the stove did Elswick play for Ironton last year??
She has played for Ironton all her life. She was the only Ironton player to earn Ohio All-Tourney team last season when we played in the Final Four match against Middleton-Madison. No one ever heard of her because she didn't start till the end of last season.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

sportnut wrote:
bryanc45 wrote:yeah basket number 11 name is breanna butler and she was really on her game tonight. The coach had the oaks ready to play hopefully we can play that way againest S.P and get another win under our belt. I don't know much about S.P and how good their players are.
On her game? Well Oak Hill was 15 of 48 from the field; but hit 23 of their 29 free throws. Ironton shot only 6 free throws. HUH????
WOW on the South Point/Alexander thread you were saying South Point fans like to blame the refs but looks like your doing the same thing here.

"Hey cuzin, I bet SP gets a second loss when they face the Oaks and I'll bet the refs cheat then too. LOL" Does this sound familiar? Just wondering why your so fast to criticize when you do the same thing.

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

Basketballnut, not sure what you are getting at with the comment about changing strategy for 1 player. Maybe you could go into more detail...

Jim Walker, sports writer for the Ironton Tribune, wrote an excellent article on the game. By the way, I should mention his stats and mine for that game are almost identical. I was totally surprised after reading his article, to go to the article written in the Times Journal and find a huge discrepancy in a player's stats while another player's double- double went unmentioned. What's up with that????

Leo Byrd
SEO

Post by Leo Byrd »

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

sportnut: I saw about 5 out there that I would take as better players in our district. If you really what to become knowledgeable on the game, maybe you should get out of the district a little more and check out Ally Mallot and Raven Ferguson.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

KNOLLWOOD.....Please pm me with your question

The Razor
Riding the Bench

Post by The Razor »

bryanc45 wrote:puckett graduated last year and strite graduates this year. And then caudill came down from V.C the razor.
Thanks, bryanc, forgot about Caudill and thought Strite was already gone. Are they having good years?

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Yes they are having great years both caudill and strite.

KNOLLWOOD
Waterboy

Post by KNOLLWOOD »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:KNOLLWOOD.....Please pm me with your question
Keyser, I sent you a pm this morning and am still waiting on your reply.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

KNOLLWOOD.....Patience.

You have two, actually one, reply

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

bryanc45 wrote:and then burton is from minford.
How many home town girls start for the Oaks

Return to “Girls Basketball”