Amy Hughes Back At Ironton?

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Re: Amy Hughes Back At Ironton?

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

Policy can change about any time. Portsmouth board can do that. If she wanted to coach and I were a Portsmouth Board member I would be one vote for a change in that policy. I think Administrators coaching is a good thing, gets them closer to a group of students and the parents. They usually have great discipline, etc. Plus the added pay is a good thing.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Mouth's Better Half wrote:Policy can change about any time. Portsmouth board can do that. If she wanted to coach and I were a Portsmouth Board member I would be one vote for a change in that policy. I think Administrators coaching is a good thing, gets them closer to a group of students and the parents. They usually have great discipline, etc. Plus the added pay is a good thing.

I'm not so sure it is a policy, and if it is they must not strictly enforce it.....Seems the baseball coach is an assitant principal.I agree, nothing wrong with doing both....

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

It changes at Ironton all the time. So a board can change policy.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

I don't know what it is at Portsmouth but they have said some coaches had to give up their positions when they went into administration. Administrationusually make more $ but no one in that field is getting rich. I don't see the problem with them coaching.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

One year a few years back every student at Ironton was required to have a clear bookbag. I about had a heartattack with five students in school at the time. The next year they changed the policy. Thanks!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

You posting your thoughts on this subject means you still care for Amy and her career.I'm sure she apreciates it...

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Mouth's Better Half wrote:I don't know what it is at Portsmouth but they have said some coaches had to give up their positions when they went into administration. Administrationusually make more $ but no one in that field is getting rich. I don't see the problem with them coaching.

I dont either...As a good friend once told me... I'm paraphrasing here..."Some people cant do one job right, so why complain about someone that can do many jobs, and do them well"...

Return to “Girls Basketball”