Doug Hale remains head coach, now hired as principal of OHHS

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Re: Doug Hale remains head coach, now hired as principal of OHHS

Post by Leaving Minford »

I really don't think that Doug has to catch up to Norm. Doug's team accomplishments speak for themselves.

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

Leaving Minford wrote:I really don't think that Doug has to catch up to Norm. Doug's team accomplishments speak for themselves.

That just struck me as quite interesting. What are Doug and Norm's overall records individually does anyone know who has more wins and losses

redbone
Waterboy

Post by redbone »

I would heistate to say that a state runner-up is just as good as a state championship. But, everyone is entitled to their opinions, it is America. Good Luck to Coach Hale, an outstanding coach, leader, and role model. More importantly, best wishes to the students of our school district.

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

redbone wrote:I would heistate to say that a state runner-up is just as good as a state championship. But, everyone is entitled to their opinions, it is America. Good Luck to Coach Hale, an outstanding coach, leader, and role model. More importantly, best wishes to the students of our school district.

True. Although Coach Hale has two state finals appearances in a bigger division (3). He might have just as many wins overall or more if you think in that sense :?: :idea: :idea: :idea:

just a outsider opinion

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Post by bball fan123 »

norm had a lot of wins at Chesapeake if i remember right? so many league championships in a row or something but he could never beat the burg till he came to oak hill :lol: 8)

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Norm has 573-151 wins which puts him 11th on the all time wins list. I think that Doug was honored for his 300th win at state tournament I believe. Norm has just a few years on Doug though. You have to remember that Norm coached Doug when Doug was in high school.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I don't think a new super will "grandfather" someone in. If they believe the administrator job is first and foremost I could see them getting support from the BOE. Can you imagine if not. The Super would then ask this question, Do you take Education first or do you take Athletics first?? Pretty simple answer if you are on the BOE. At least I would hope so!!

Does anyone know of any candidates that would be the New Superintendent?

Pavilion
Riding the Bench

Post by Pavilion »

2 of the principals at Jackson City live in the Oak Hill District - one of them is a graduate of Oak Hill. I know at least one of them has the credentials to be a Supt, not sure about the other. Also not sure if either of them would be interested. I would imagine that it would be a pay raise to go from Principal to Supt, plus the commute would be shorter.
I don't think there will be a lot of quality candidates at this late of a date, plus some people will shy away because the perception is that as soon as Doug wants it back you would be out. They will probably end up renting a retired Super for a year or two until Doug gets done coaching or until the board changes and lets Doug do both. Can't imagine any decent administrator touching this job without a multi-year contract.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

The latest dance craze from Oak Hill, Ohio ...

The Hale Shuffle!!!!

Coming soon to a school district, er, dance hall near you!

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Well even Norm wouldn't be able to Coach at Chesapeake now if he kept his AD job. Chesapeake has went to the no Admin coaching and it includes the Principals & AD's (that is why Sam Gue is no longer the HS girls coach - he's Asst Prin at the middle school). I don't think that it should really matter on the Prin/Asst. Princ or even the AD but the Super well. I would say that's a 1 job kinda thing too many ???'s can be ask whether or not you've made a questionable move/dicision or not.

The Fonz
Waterboy

Post by The Fonz »

Glad to see Doug Hale will still be coaching the girls next year. Did Regina go up a divisiom? If so, I look for a state title in Oak town.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

The Fonz wrote:Glad to see Doug Hale will still be coaching the girls next year. Did Regina go up a divisiom? If so, I look for a state title in Oak town.

Not so fast if Oak Hill went to Div IV. They have to play Africentric. Are they staying DIII?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

What is the time line for the hiring of the New Super? I smell a retire-rehire coming :mrgreen:

prepster
Riding the Bench

Post by prepster »

As I read these posts concerning coaches having dual roles as coach/administrator, I am not sure it is such a good idea that schools be permitted to let this happen. What about all of the recruiting accusations. I know there have been a number of players from Jackson and Vinton county transfer to Oak Hill and I am not saying that they were recruited...but isnt it the Athletic Director and Principal that are responsible for investigating these allegations when they are brought forth and self reporting what they find? How much will that happen when you have the Head boys coach as AD and the head girls coach as Principal. I don't care how ethical a person is. If you're the head coach and you like the 6'3" kid 10 miles up the road, you can turn unethical real quick if you are also the AD. I think the jobs need to be separate. I know most Columbus area schools do not allow this.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Prepster,
Be careful, the Oaks are very protective of Doug. You make a good point, but it is not worth arguing on here.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

KYR,
Doug Hale's posse: The DH Oaks Crew, ya'll

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foolsgold
Riding the Bench

Post by Foolsgold »

It looks as if the “Family” has gotten what it wanted. McCoy must have gotten an offer he just couldn’t refuse. And with the installation of another yes man back on the board, well lets just say business at usual in Oak Hill. Vito Corleone would be proud.

Return to “Girls Basketball”