OAK HILL VS SOUTH EUCLID REGINA

wemufans
All Conference

Re: OAK HILL VS REGINA UNIVERSITY

Post by wemufans »

know your role wrote:Good luck to the GIRLS. I am sure that all of S.E. Ohio is pulling for you.

Maybe some of the girls that go to Regina just want to go there to play for a champion. A lot of people are being double standard on here. If you want to argue that girls go to Oak Hill to be put in a situation like this (a chance at a State Championship) which is completely up to the girls and their parents. You cannot say that it is a bad thing, complain or make accusations that Regina has girls go to that school for the same purpose.

So let's just drop the recruiting, university stuff and talk about the girls, actual keys to the game, or supportive comments. Regardless of any off topic comments both teams are in the State Championship which should be a dream come true for both teams! Good luck to both teams and soak in every moment.

Your school has kids that have come to Oak Hill just as Regina has. Pot calling the kettle black don't you think ;-) . Being from South Point I am rooting for the Lady Oaks and hope they win int all. But SP has an all South Point team and is doing it the right way! We just fell a little too short on our goal! Go Oaks!

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

GOOD LUCK TO THE OAKS AND LADY OAKS !!

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

I know she is watching and cheering from above....JUST ONE MORE WIN----- for JANIE!

oakhill25
Waterboy

Post by oakhill25 »

Good luck Lady Oaks. You know who you are and where you're from. Now prove a little public school play with an Ohio All Star team!!! Beat Regina!!!

OA!!!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Good luck from the Jeeps. It's your time to shine and show them country girls know how to play.

Rhiannon
All Conference

Post by Rhiannon »

know your role wrote:Good luck to the GIRLS. I am sure that all of S.E. Ohio is pulling for you.

Maybe some of the girls that go to Regina just want to go there to play for a champion. A lot of people are being double standard on here. If you want to argue that girls go to Oak Hill to be put in a situation like this (a chance at a State Championship) which is completely up to the girls and their parents. You cannot say that it is a bad thing, complain or make accusations that Regina has girls go to that school for the same purpose.

So let's just drop the recruiting, university stuff and talk about the girls, actual keys to the game, or supportive comments. Regardless of any off topic comments both teams are in the State Championship which should be a dream come true for both teams! Good luck to both teams and soak in every moment.

Good post. Also the difference is it seems is that the Regina parents have a lot of $$$$ to contribute to the schools and their sports programs. I have said it for years, open enrollment and transfers have gotten out of control. If you want a team that everyone lives in that district then make the parents move into that district. Until that happens, we will have the so called "all-star" teams. Trust me, I live in a school district where it happens all the time. It is just the world we live in people. Sad but true.

Good luck to the Lady Oaks! Hope you bring home the state title.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Wait a minute here people. The Oak Hill people getting on here and talking about Regina University and Ohio All Stars is kind of the pot calling the kettle black. Both teams have benefitted from "transfers." No matter how you try and spin it. Oak Hill has accomplished a lot and SE Ohio should be very proud, but leave it for what it is. Two teams playing for a State Title and representing their schools, whether you like it or not.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Good Luck lady Oaks!! From Ironton.

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

Good Luck Lady Oaks from the Jeeps. Show em up there how to play ball southern style!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

good luck lady oaks from this wheelersburg pirate fan. bring it home girls

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

Regulator wrote:Wait a minute here people. The Oak Hill people getting on here and talking about Regina University and Ohio All Stars is kind of the pot calling the kettle black. Both teams have benefitted from "transfers." No matter how you try and spin it. Oak Hill has accomplished a lot and SE Ohio should be very proud, but leave it for what it is. Two teams playing for a State Title and representing their schools, whether you like it or not.

if you believe private schools like regina abide by the same rules as public schools you are living in a dream world
seems to me jealousy is an ugly thing

good lucky lady oaks bring it home!!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

seohiofan wrote:
Regulator wrote:if you believe private schools like regina abide by the same rules as public schools you are living in a dream world seems to me jealousy is an ugly thing.

good lucky lady oaks bring it home!!

seohiofan is probably right here Mad_Dogg. Regina is a Girls only Catholic school. They don't have a school district per se. It's like Africentric, Harvest Prep, Worthington Christian etc. While technically they can't recruit, they are magnets for basketball talent. Look at Akron St. Vincent St. Mary, they usually will attract any serious talent in the Akron area. Same with Africentric, Harvest Prep, Worthington Christian etc. And the worse part is since the schools are private, they attract less people which keeps their populations low. Then they compete with small schools while have practically an area all star team.
Like I said, it's all above board - well, it's supposed to be. ahem :roll: - but at least now the public school are free to take transfers which has leveled the playing field a little. South Webster has benifited from it - 2006 state title - and has also lost talent due to transfers. Green High has been decimated by kids leaving their basketball program. Oak Hill girls now attract better players because of their history. And it's all above board.

Go get em Oady Oaks!
Last edited by jeep80 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: OAK HILL VS SOUTH EUCLID REGINA

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck Lady Oaks from a New Boston Glenwood Fan!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Good Luck Lady Oaks from down route 93..........

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

im looking for a big game out of adkins
played very limited last night still big contributor with 6 assists
and a couple of big rebounds late
still havent figured out why she played so little

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I can't believe some people on here are complaining about Regina having transfers. You have to be kidding me! :roll: Unreal.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

Score prediction Regina 56,Oak Hill 47.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

ocho stinko wrote:I can't believe some people on here are complaining about Regina having transfers. You have to be kidding me! :roll: Unreal.

I cant believe they talk about Oak Hill having them either..The nerve of some people... :lol:

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

Rhiannon wrote:

Good post. Also the difference is it seems is that the Regina parents have a lot of $$$$ to contribute to the schools and their sports programs. I have said it for years, open enrollment and transfers have gotten out of control. If you want a team that everyone lives in that district then make the parents move into that district. Until that happens, we will have the so called "all-star" teams. Trust me, I live in a school district where it happens all the time. It is just the world we live in people. Sad but true.

Good luck to the Lady Oaks! Hope you bring home the state title.

I agree its a good post if you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about!!!
What exactly would be the district you talk about since all catholic or private schools are within the boundries of a public school district?
So where do you draw the line? What kind of district does a private school have?
In order to transfer from one public school to another you must move to that district.
If you want to transfer to a catholic school you can live anywhere you want! so is that the same?
How about this proposal : catholic or private schools can only draw from the school district in which the school is located if they get players from anywhere other than that district they should have to go by same rules as public schools!!
fair enough?
In a perfect world in probably would work but as long as parents pay for their kid to go to a private school it isnt going to change!
Another proposal for sports purposes why don't we just make all private schools play divI
regardless of enrollment!
This would eliminate the domination of the smaller divisions by private schools
it should be fair since they can get kids from anywhere they should have to play in biggest division! Another thing for people to get on here and talk about 1 kid moving from one district in southern ohio to another and comparing it to the recruiting machine catholic schools have created is completly wrong
some of these private schools such as regina have kids that dont even live in the state.So for anyone to compare a kid moving from another school to oak hill or south webster or any other school district is completly out of line! and is probably derived from jealousy!!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

^^^^^^^^^GREAT POST ^^^^^^^^^^

Return to “Girls Basketball”