Peebles Coach Resigns

West Sider
Varsity

Re: Peebles Coach Resigns

Post by West Sider »

Congrats To Stan Dodridge and Peebles . This program will go to the top with the athletes and a GREAT COACH. Good luck next season

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

easy slamdunk, I can understand why you are so defensive but I seriously doubt that any comments made on a forum are going to have anything to do with the success of the program, how many games are won, or much of anything really.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Also slamdunk, folks might take offense to your comment that the program will "continue" to go absolutely no where. This IS high school basketball don't forget. Don't insult the girls who work their tails off day in and day out and do the best they can to win games by saying they've been going no where. Ultimately, the goal of any team is a state championship so would that mean that every team who doesn't win it hasn't gone anywhere?

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

peeblesportsfan1391 wrote:well heck Dodridge is a teacher @ the high school if thats what were going by....The coach needs to be willing to stay at the school for awhile and build the program, they also need to be a person that knows the girls well and will be able to motivate them to regain pride in the Peebles Girls program.....The biggest key however as shljunkie said is that the coach has to be willing to "bleed red"....we don't need somebody that has been jumpin up and down cheering for a rival school, and has been "trash talkin" about how much better the other school's program was..... I'm jus saying you wouldn't have Iran's president come be the President for the U.S...........within the next couple of years the Peebles girls team will have one of the best programs it has seen since they went to state in '98

This is over the top in my opinion. Coach Stevens was a good coach and I'm thinking he graduated from Peebles. He also taught and coached some sports over at North Adams. Is he some kind of traitor because he got to know some of the kids over at North Adams and rooted for the ones he knew and who played for him or is he just a good man who cares for the kids regardless of what uniform they wear or school they attend?
I wish the new Peebles coach success and good luck in the coming seasons. Seems the expectations are pretty high based on girls who haven't gotten to high school yet. Hopefully folks realize that it doesn't always work out the way they think it will.

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

boomer633 wrote:
peeblesportsfan1391 wrote:well heck Dodridge is a teacher @ the high school if thats what were going by....The coach needs to be willing to stay at the school for awhile and build the program, they also need to be a person that knows the girls well and will be able to motivate them to regain pride in the Peebles Girls program.....The biggest key however as shljunkie said is that the coach has to be willing to "bleed red"....we don't need somebody that has been jumpin up and down cheering for a rival school, and has been "trash talkin" about how much better the other school's program was..... I'm jus saying you wouldn't have Iran's president come be the President for the U.S...........within the next couple of years the Peebles girls team will have one of the best programs it has seen since they went to state in '98

This is over the top in my opinion. Coach Stevens was a good coach and I'm thinking he graduated from Peebles. He also taught and coached some sports over at North Adams. Is he some kind of traitor because he got to know some of the kids over at North Adams and rooted for the ones he knew and who played for him or is he just a good man who cares for the kids regardless of what uniform they wear or school they attend?
I wish the new Peebles coach success and good luck in the coming seasons. Seems the expectations are pretty high based on girls who haven't gotten to high school yet. Hopefully folks realize that it doesn't always work out the way they think it will.

I believe this message was not aimed towards coach stevens. I think it was aimed more towards coach caldwell who applied for the peebles varsity job.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

I realize that he wasn't referring to Coach Stevens, I was using him as an example or why that post was over the top.

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

shljunkie wrote:Also slamdunk, folks might take offense to your comment that the program will "continue" to go absolutely no where. This IS high school basketball don't forget. Don't insult the girls who work their tails off day in and day out and do the best they can to win games by saying they've been going no where. Ultimately, the goal of any team is a state championship so would that mean that every team who doesn't win it hasn't gone anywhere?

In no way would I insult the kids, and if I did that I am sorry. BUT my point is that I constantly hear comments from folks who think that the only people that can coach Peebles basketball are people from Peebles originally or people who get to know the so called "right people" and get in good with them. This is the kind of thinking that does not equate to a great program year in and year out.

There are folks from outside of the Peebles clique that can coach and do a great job of it, but with the way things are now those kinds of coaches will NEVER get the opportunity to coach there. Some coaches will not play the politic game and kiss up to the "right people" to get what they want. (Everyone sit down for this comment) Some coaches think that their successes, abilities to work with parents, and experiences as a coach are enough to get them a job, and they feel they shouldn't have to kiss up to certain folks to get a job. (I know that comment is tough to swallow for some but it is the truth)

I agree too with boomer, he was basically asking why is Coach Stephens different from Coach Caldwell. He roots for some North Adams teams as well as coaches some. Why was he not talked bad about because he was rooting for kids he worked with and cared about? Again, it was because he grew up in Peebles and graduated from here.

I wish the best for all the kids at Peebles that this will work out.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I was disappointed to hear that Frankie resigned...great guy, great coach...and he really cares about the kids, regardless of what color uniform they wear.

Congrats to Stan. It couldn't have been an easy choice with so many great applicants, and I'm sure Coach Doddridge will do a great job.

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Post by johndeere »

Didn't he coach the boys one year????? Why did the fire him from that position???

peeblesbuck
Riding the Bench

Post by peeblesbuck »

johndeere

He wasn't fired. Doddridge stepped down on his own and was even called back a few weeks after he resigned to see if he had any second thoughts about doing that.
Last edited by peeblesbuck on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

johndeere
Riding the Bench

Post by johndeere »

PeeblesBuck,
Thank you for clearing that up. I knew he coached there and then the next year he didn't!!!! Just seemed weird that you coach one year and then your gone!!!!!!!!

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

Congrads Coach Doddrige class act Peebles got them great basketball coach and a class act. I helped him when he was at Northwest i learned alot from him Good luck to the lady's from Peebles :12224 :12224 :12224

The Ripper
Riding the Bench

Post by The Ripper »

Just now heard about this hiring.

Congrats to you, Stan

Return to “Girls Basketball”