Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
FannyPack
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Post by FannyPack »

danicalifornia wrote:Unioto averages about 7 less possessions a game so far and only 2 ppg than a year ago. So, they are playing with a slower tempo and with way more efficiency. 4 starters averaging between 11 and 13 ppg while only one player takes more than 7 shots per game (and that's only 9 for that player)

Playing great defense, rebounding extremely well, and sharing the ball makes them an incredibly difficult team to matchup with, especially considering that the only 2 players under 6'1 are ballhawks off the bench.

There's a chance they can get beat on any given night, but a team has to get the game in their tempo and value the ball all night. We'll see if the Mustangs can do it on Friday. Wyman is going to have to have a game like Griffin Lutz did against the Shermans for the Mustangs to get a W, IMO. Hope neither team looks ahead of tonight's game.
Nerd.

Wyman vs Swack - Swack better passer, Wyman better scorer

Mink vs Kennedy - Outside of experience, not close. Kennedy is an absurd shooter and plays great defense.

Anderson vs Cottrill - I like Anderson as a player, so I'll be nice, this isn't close.

Adams vs Hosley - they would never match up in any world. And it's not close

Peart vs Wheeler - one was great in football, one has great footwork in basketball

Bench - Fisher already had a double double, anyone from WF match that?

Unioto plays the game with a chip on their shoulders from being previously insulted and win by 30, only because Wyman is special.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Oh my, this may get out of hand and wasn't my intention at all.

What are the big games tonight in the SE District?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Chesapeake deserves their #4 ranking after I watched them defeat a very good Huntington(WV) St.Joe team 69-61 , the same St.Joe team that beat my Trojans 76-63 at PHS. Portsmouth starts 2 sophomores, and 2 other sophomores played in the 9 player rotation. So far Kyre Allison is averaging 21.5 PPG, while Kendal Reynolds is scoring 17.5 PPG. 6-2 sophomore Daniel Jordan pulled down 10 rebounds to go along with 10 points vs. St.Joe. 5-8 sophomore DJ Eley scored 5 points with several steals.

The Trojans are still working out a chemistry with a number of players with virtually no prior varsity experience.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

danicalifornia wrote:Oh my, this may get out of hand and wasn't my intention at all.

What are the big games tonight in the SE District?
I can't think of any tonight but the best team in our Region plays one of the best teams D2 south east district. Sheridan vs John Glenn Friday. Sheridan then plays Fairfield union on Saturday.

I'm sure John Glenn will be AP #1 coming into the tournament. And realistically should roll to state

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

FannyPack wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Unioto averages about 7 less possessions a game so far and only 2 ppg than a year ago. So, they are playing with a slower tempo and with way more efficiency. 4 starters averaging between 11 and 13 ppg while only one player takes more than 7 shots per game (and that's only 9 for that player)

Playing great defense, rebounding extremely well, and sharing the ball makes them an incredibly difficult team to matchup with, especially considering that the only 2 players under 6'1 are ballhawks off the bench.

There's a chance they can get beat on any given night, but a team has to get the game in their tempo and value the ball all night. We'll see if the Mustangs can do it on Friday. Wyman is going to have to have a game like Griffin Lutz did against the Shermans for the Mustangs to get a W, IMO. Hope neither team looks ahead of tonight's game.
Nerd.

Wyman vs Swack - Swack better passer, Wyman better scorer

Mink vs Kennedy - Outside of experience, not close. Kennedy is an absurd shooter and plays great defense.

Anderson vs Cottrill - I like Anderson as a player, so I'll be nice, this isn't close.

Adams vs Hosley - they would never match up in any world. And it's not close

Peart vs Wheeler - one was great in football, one has great footwork in basketball

Bench - Fisher already had a double double, anyone from WF match that?

Unioto plays the game with a chip on their shoulders from being previously insulted and win by 30, only because Wyman is special.

Unioto has the better team. But make sure facts are straight. Kennedy is a very nice player but "absurd scorer"? He is 1-1 ft this year. I will give some credit because a lot of times Im sure the ball gets kicked outside from bigs for threes.

Ppg- Mink ( slightly but again, unioto has more scoring, im sure Kennedys would be more on another team), steals-Mink, assists-Mink, rebounds-Mink, and Im not saying Mink is better but come on...Not close?

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

You guys make some good points but let me once again say....I did not say Westfall would beat Unioto. In fact, Westfall is a long way from where they need to be in order for that to happen. I think they are worried about trying to beat a scrappy and dangerous Zane Trace team...they may not even do that. And I don't think Matt Hoops and company needs my threads to get his kids ready to play. They can win by 30 without that...but thanks for the compliment...lol. I am not going to get into bashing players. Both teams have some good ones. Westfall will show up for their 30 point beat down on Friday. Good luck to all the teams tonight.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

thanks for the updates trojandave, Im sure Coach Collins will have this young group playing well by Jan.On another note, is there any word on whom is offering Allison? We have filled our 2016 class at Penn State with three kids from Number One Roman Catholic in Philly and another McDonalds all-American from Oak Hill in Maryland(the number 6 class in the country) I was hoping to see him playing at Bryce Jordan, but we have a full class

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pfloyd should use his power to make Unioto play Vinton, Logan Elm, Warren, Athens, Circleville, Portsmouth, or Chesapeake

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Raider6309 wrote:Pfloyd should use his power to make Unioto play Vinton, Logan Elm, Warren, Athens, Circleville, Portsmouth, or Chesapeake
Didn't they already beat Athens this year?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

That was a foundation game.so a scrimmage

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

hateraid wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Pfloyd should use his power to make Unioto play Vinton, Logan Elm, Warren, Athens, Circleville, Portsmouth, or Chesapeake
Didn't they already beat Athens this year?
I know unioto scrimmaged at least 2 or 3 of these teams . Other than Portsmouth and Athens( who they did play) , I'm not sure of the others I was told they beat Portsmouth by 50 but it was just a scrimmage. Dani, I'm sure knows who else they scrimmaged

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

About time to head out to Jym's Gym for some LHS vs LHS hoops (Lancaster vs Logan) Freshmen or underway, JV's , followed by the marque' matchup with the varsity ...

... Best of luck to ALL teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line tonight !!!

PunkyBrucester
Waterboy

Post by PunkyBrucester »

Unioto scrimmaged Ironton, Portsmouth, Northridge, Vinton County, and Athens. The Athens scrimmage was played with 4-8 minute quarters with licensed officials and with both coaches playing normal lineups.

I hate to see two schools I love bicker back and forth. Friday should be an exciting atmosphere! The one (two) game a year that I won't pick a side.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I like seeing Valley move up the ranks. Good team.

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Lynchburg Clay over Eastern Brown 69-47 . Peebles over West Union 73-37. Peebles plays Eastern Brown this Friday.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Meigs squeezed a win out over Jackson 47-44

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Roadhog wrote:Meigs squeezed a win out over Jackson 47-44
Glad to see Jackson's program is looking better

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Raider6309 wrote:
Meigs played a very very bad game, but no discredit to Jackson at all, They will be a strong ball club in a few years.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ma77ox wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:
Meigs played a very very bad game, but no discredit to Jackson at all, They will be a strong ball club in a few years.
How did Meigs play bad?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote:
ma77ox wrote:
Raider6309 wrote: Glad to see Jackson's program is looking better
How did Meigs play bad?
Because they barely beat the lowly Jackson Ironmen! And it's probably because they aren't allowed to take soda into the gym last night!!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”