Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
UKNate
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #2

Post by UKNate »

Lynchburg is the definitely in the top 3 to 5 range, I wish I could get a Unioto-Lynchburg match-up, talk about the refs needing track shoes!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens is (0-4). But losses are to teams with a combined record of (16-1). Only defeat was a 3-point loss in the season opener by FCA at Liberty Union. The Bulldogs have lost to Pfloyds No. 3 team, No. 4 team, an undefeated Meigs squad and the FCA Knights.
And competed well against the #1 team in a foundation game. Athens will win a good number of games this season.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

danicalifornia wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Athens is (0-4). But losses are to teams with a combined record of (16-1). Only defeat was a 3-point loss in the season opener by FCA at Liberty Union. The Bulldogs have lost to Pfloyds No. 3 team, No. 4 team, an undefeated Meigs squad and the FCA Knights.
And competed well against the #1 team in a foundation game. Athens will win a good number of games this season.
You won't want to see the Bulldogs come February.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

We'll see. The Bulldogs are just very, very young. A lot of times they have a freshman (Maxfield) and two sophomores (Cozart & Dickleman) and a junior (Lutz) on the floor at the same time. Hopefully they continue to get better, but if they don't cut down on the turnovers and play better defense - finishing above .500 will be challenging.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

# 10 Valley gets a crack at #5 and #6 in a span of 3 nights right after Christmas. Still two league games between now and then, but we should know where the Indians are before New Years.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Bman..........how do circleville and FU matchup? Since you have played both teams on the road, just wondering since pfloyd still has circleville in top 8 and FU in the 20s?

Karl
Waterboy

Post by Karl »

danicalifornia wrote:Westfall's upcoming schedule is crazy:
Zane Trace
@Unioto
@St. Charles
@Circleville
@Piketon
Logan Elm

It's going to be tough to get 3-3 out of that, but if they can, things start to settle down for the Mustangs and should make for an exciting 2nd half of the season in Williamsport.
Well, if you want to be the best, you got to beat the best! Good Luck Mustangs!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

For a young Athens team, they played a brutal schedule right off the start. I think most in Athens want 6'6 Williams to start with 6'3 Dickleman. Our weakness is in the paint

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, a huge shout out for the Elite 8! This is the way an old Trojan keeps up with Seo BB. To all the posters that make comments, give updates and latest player info to Pfloyd to help in his endeavors, this would be a big help.
Have a blessed Merry CHRISTmas and may Santa bring my Trojans an aircraft carrier.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I dream of the day my Senators are in the top 8. This year, we may have to settle on just avoiding "the end table."

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote:Bman..........how do circleville and FU matchup? Since you have played both teams on the road, just wondering since pfloyd still has circleville in top 8 and FU in the 20s?

... Smeltzy ... I'll tell you - the Logan Elm AT Circleville outcome made my jaw drop - after seeing Circleville play, seeing LE for 2 3/4 games AND consulting the old Ouija Board I would have NEVER in a 100 years come up with that final of 63-36 ... either way!!! ... I was thoroughly impressed with the Round Town defense/offense with Camp leading the scoring which he did with 28 BUT who knew the rest of CHS would take the night off ... Logan Elm did what LE does better than ANYONE out there play "D" ... make adjustments during the game to play even better D ... I suppose this was a case of the mentor in Coach Stiverson letting the mentee - Coach Cassidy - know you have to "develop a program" it isn't "handed" to you ...

... I thought Circleville was solidly grounded in the top 8 ... now I will definitely need to keep an eye out for them ... FU plays a physical game, has size, can score from deep ... an FU vs Circleville matchup will definitely have to be decided on the court ...

wf3435
Waterboy

Post by wf3435 »

danicalifornia wrote:Westfall's upcoming schedule is crazy:
Zane Trace
@Unioto
@St. Charles
@Circleville
@Piketon
Logan Elm

It's going to be tough to get 3-3 out of that, but if they can, things start to settle down for the Mustangs and should make for an exciting 2nd half of the season in Williamsport.
That's a brutal stretch. Hopefully they can pull out 3 of those games but none of those are easy. I think its possible but they'll have to play good basketball.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

danicalifornia wrote:The 2/3 slot at Southeastern will be a doozy. My guess is it will end up being WCH vs Circleville and that would be an extremely fun matchup.

WCH is one of the teams that scares me as a Unioto fan during the regular season. Well coached, control the tempo, and have an absolute stud in Max Knisley.
Washington @ Circleville 12/29 regular season

Washington's non conference: Vinton Co (L), Southeastern (W), Waverly (W), Wheelersburg, Circleville, Unioto, Logan Elm, Springfield Shawnee,

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Unioto seems like they are the Top of the Mountain.

Thank you for your hard work pfloyd... I know keeping up to date on all teams aint easy!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Valenth wrote:Unioto seems like they are the Top of the Mountain.

Thank you for your hard work pfloyd... I know keeping up to date on all teams aint easy!
The problem is, how much as the Shermans going to be tested? The SVC, as a whole, is down from last year. Adena (3-2) and Westfall (3-1) are solid though. Besides Saturday's game with Jackson, the rest of the non conference is a handful. The Shermans are 5-0 with a margin of victory of 32 ppg. Besides this past Saturday, the bench had been cleared in the middle of the 3rd. Friday against Westfall should be their closest game, since 3 of the 5 Mustang starters and bench are better than what the Shermans have (according to another post)

Burton Berkshire (currently 4-1, from the Cleveland area)
@Fairfield Union
@Washington CH
@Greenfield (the transfer should be eligible for them then)
@Chillicothe
Miami Trace

The Shermans are on a 40 game regular season win streak and a 31 game SVC win streak. The last loss in the regular season was at Washington CH in December of 2013.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

3 of the 5 starters and bench for westfall are better than uniotos? Wow, someone's been cruising around with Cheech and chong . Not even close!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bronc21 wrote:3 of the 5 starters and bench for westfall are better than uniotos? Wow, someone's been cruising around with Cheech and chong . Not even close!
Check out the SVC Predictions thread. I do think that Wyman is outstanding for the Mustangs, but we'll see how the rest matchup on Friday.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

I will still take unioto by at least 20+

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... pfloyd will be staying in Logan tomorrow night ... going to see Coach Kellough's Purple & White hosting the Lancaster Gales out of the OCC ... an improved version of the Lancaster ball club will be a good test for Logan ... looking forward to seeing the improvement offensively in the Chiefs ... gauging how well the defense has developed ... should be a good matchup !

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

danicalifornia wrote:
Bronc21 wrote:3 of the 5 starters and bench for westfall are better than uniotos? Wow, someone's been cruising around with Cheech and chong . Not even close!
Check out the SVC Predictions thread. I do think that Wyman is outstanding for the Mustangs, but we'll see how the rest matchup on Friday.
Danicaifornia I like your posts but this is not at all what I posted in the thread. I am going to give you a pass since I know you are Sherman fan. The thread was not about this at all. Simply a before the year numbers matchup comparison. Never said what you state above. Please do me the courtesy of posting a reply to my thread if you are going to get it wrong.

Good luck to the SVC teams tomorrow.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”