Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #11

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Portsmouth West is actually 8-10. Also great work as always, pfloyd!

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Another great edition of the "Elite 8"! Some agree, some disagree...c'est la vie. Thought da Burg might have a spot higher but hell, I'm down here in NW Fla-lol !!! I can only imagine all the "napkin stats" and post its everywhere. You, pFloyd, are the sage...as Ed used to say to Carnac :D

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHHS old timer wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 pm Another great edition of the "Elite 8"! Some agree, some disagree...c'est la vie. Thought da Burg might have a spot higher but hell, I'm down here in NW Fla-lol !!! I can only imagine all the "napkin stats" and post its everywhere. You, pFloyd, are the sage...as Ed used to say to Carnac :D
... Mrs. pfloyd is sooooooooooo happy once the last Elite 8 has been posted :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Looks like "the pfloyd tour" will give the Sheridan Generals a 2nd "look" tomorrow night as Sheridan takes on Maysville at Maysville HS ... my last eye test on Sheridan was an unimpressive "W" over a scrappy New Lex Panther squad at Sheridan ... tomorrow at Maysville , then I will travel up to Sheridan on Monday the 19th to see Fairfield Union take on Sheridan to wrap-up the regular season ...

Penguin
Freshman Team

Post by Penguin »

I look for Warren to have a say in D2, Maddox is second to none in discipline, fundamentals and preparation.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

After their 45-15 win over Fort Frye tonight, the seniors at Waterford accomplished an impressive feat. The young ladies collected their 100th win as varsity basketball players for the Wildcats! Considering teams only play a 22 game regular season schedule - and this years tournament has yet to even begin - that 100 wins is amzing.

2018 (20-1) ... ?
2017 (25-4) ... state runner up
2016 (28-1) ... state champion
2015 (27-2) ... state runner up

... I always post at least one girls basketball post on Floyds rankings every year ... haha

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union with their second win over Circleville in 2 nights.

This win clinches their 3rd straight MSL title. Great accomplishment for this Senior class.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 pm After their 45-15 win over Fort Frye tonight, the seniors at Waterford accomplished an impressive feat. The young ladies collected their 100th win as varsity basketball players for the Wildcats! Considering teams only play a 22 game regular season schedule - and this years tournament has yet to even begin - that 100 wins is amzing.

2018 (20-1) ... ?

... I always post at least one girls basketball post on Floyds rankings every year ... haha
Double digit wins in Jackson!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 pm After their 45-15 win over Fort Frye tonight, the seniors at Waterford accomplished an impressive feat. The young ladies collected their 100th win as varsity basketball players for the Wildcats! Considering teams only play a 22 game regular season schedule - and this years tournament has yet to even begin - that 100 wins is amzing.

2018 (20-1) ... ?

LOL ... this was definitely a random post 93bulldog ! BUT definitely a GREAT accomplishment by those lady Wildcats - Wow ... pfloyd tips his hat to this milestone ... speaking of random thoughts , I was looking at the lineup for the 3 Weeks of the Convo , Basketball 30 ... 93dog WE HAVE SEEN some great matchups over the many years we have watched games together in A'town haven't we ?!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93bulldog ... do you recall sitting in the Cheap Seats and seeing "baby Shaq" Aaron Agnew of Bellaire walking out of the tunnel ??? 6-10 , 330 lbs. THE BIGGEST man/child I have ever seen at the Convo ... 2004 beating Ironton in the regional semi's , then beat Chesapeake by 3 in the final to get to the final 4 in C'bus ... of course his soph sidekick Nate Davis who went on to score over 2000 points in his hs hoops career ... great game vs the 'peake ! the 'peake 3 points shot to tie was all the way down before spinning out ... Agnew was HUGE !!! LOL ... went to Iowa State to play basketball but ended up leaving for a college football college career , can't remember where he ended up ... good times !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:54 pm 93bulldog ... do you recall sitting in the Cheap Seats and seeing "baby Shaq" Aaron Agnew of Bellaire walking out of the tunnel ??? 6-10 , 330 lbs. THE BIGGEST man/child I have ever seen at the Convo ... 2004 beating Ironton in the regional semi's , then beat Chesapeake by 3 in the final to get to the final 4 in C'bus ... of course his soph sidekick Nate Davis who went on to score over 2000 points in his hs hoops career ... great game vs the 'peake ! the 'peake 3 points shot to tie was all the way down before spinning out ... Agnew was HUGE !!! LOL ... went to Iowa State to play basketball but ended up leaving for a college football college career , can't remember where he ended up ... good times !

haha the other night at Logan Elm, I was talking to Coach Stiverson about that very game and Agnew.

First big guy comes out of tunnel for Bellaire, Pfloyd says "He isn't that big"
But then Angnew comes out ... Pfloyd says "Holly Sh**, what is that?"

lmao

Great games indeed over the years! My favorite day still was the championship Saturday when we had 5 games starting with Vinton County vs Dante Jackson and Greenfield McClain at noon ... Amazing day of games ... Cam Thouroughman and Clay, Aldride for Webster, Waginger/Gaigai and company for Ironton, Cozart/Dill/Simpson and the Eastern boys led by Howie Caldwell, the Tomcats and sparkplug A.J. Jenkins, a young P.J. Rase and Peake ... what a lineup that was, unreal from noon till 10:00PM.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Post by Treyman3 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 pm ... Looks like "the pfloyd tour" will give the Sheridan Generals a 2nd "look" tomorrow night as Sheridan takes on Maysville at Maysville HS ... my last eye test on Sheridan was an unimpressive "W" over a scrappy New Lex Panther squad at Sheridan ... tomorrow at Maysville , then I will travel up to Sheridan on Monday the 19th to see Fairfield Union take on Sheridan to wrap-up the regular season ...

Thoughts on Sheridan Maysville game? Should be a good one Monday!

KING OF Shyville
Waterboy

Post by KING OF Shyville »

Ukfanatic wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:38 pm Pflyod as usual thanks for all of your on this list. I personally would have Waverly ahead of Piketon, Zane Trace and West Union. However I am fine with where they are. I realize you haven't had a chance to see them live in season and that hurts them as well. They were misssing two starters when you seen them at Unioto. Makes a difference. In the end if they would have won some of the close ones they would be higher. Very good showing in losses to Wheelersburg and Fairland. But those two teams are probably playing as well as anybody in southern Ohio now. Loss to Jackson hurt as that was probably our worst played game. We see them again in the tournament and I like our chances. Was concerned about Galia' size.
I don't think you have much ground to stand on with that thought ukfanatic.
Waverly 4/6 vs teams with winning records if I'm correct. Piketon is 4/4 vs winning records.
Four of those six losses for Waverly are from D3 schools.
Three of Piketon's four losses are to D2 schools.
Plus Waverly has played 8 D3 schools and 6 D2 schools. Piketon has played 7 D3 school 4 D2 schools. Both schools have the exact number of 8 teams they have beat with losing records.
Seems that Piketon make a fairly strong argument to be ranked ahead of Waverly.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a question for the masses : are there any regular season games being played after Monday 2/19 ???? my thought is that I will wait to put out Week #12 of the Elite 8 AFTER Monday the 19th ( if that is the last day of the regular season ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan plays Massillon Perry on 2/19.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Waterford:

2/16 Trimble
2/20 Fort Frye
2/22 at Trimble

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I just saw where a Belpre game was moved to the 23rd next Friday ... looks like I the Elite 8 for Week #12 will be posted as usual on Sunday evening ...

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:07 am Waterford:

2/16 Trimble
2/20 Fort Frye
2/22 at Trimble
Will the Waterford and Trimble game be on Monday?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

No. Its 2/22

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles finishes at 17-5,11-2 in the league with tonight's 56-51 win over Ripley and the Dll SHAC title. Not bad for a team picked to finish 3rd in pre season. Coach Arey has I believe coached his best season as Indian Head coach.This team has quietly gelled into a very good team. Congrats Indians.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”