Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #3

Post by pfloyd »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm Symmes Valley is 2-3. They have wins against South Gallia, and Notre Dame (both winless). I would think they are a little high on the list. Still early and a lot of settling to take place. Also think Western, with 1 win (against Symmes Valley) is a little bit high.
... thanks socsportsfan1 - I'll fix the Symmes Valley record ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... almost 1200 views in less than 24 hours - not bad folks ...

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Lot of average teams at best. Some will get better, many will get worse. Wish every one the best !

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

E High wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 am Lot of average teams at best. Some will get better, many will get worse. Wish every one the best !
That's the type of pure positivity that can only be taught after midnight lol not saying they are wrong though.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Nice work! I really like the top 15. Seems accurate to me. :)

My how Athens has fallen. I'm willing to bet they don't end up near that low. 36th

Northwest is not a bad team. Is Portsmouth West at 3-2 really that weak? 55th I've not seen them play yet.

Not sold on Paint Valley being that high (19th) but time will tell. Always look forward to Sunday and the new rankings. Thanks!

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

toast wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am Nice work! I really like the top 15. Seems accurate to me. :)

My how Athens has fallen. I'm willing to bet they don't end up near that low. 36th

Northwest is not a bad team. Is Portsmouth West at 3-2 really that weak? 55th I've not seen them play yet.

Not sold on Paint Valley being that high (19th) but time will tell. Always look forward to Sunday and the new rankings. Thanks!
soc 2 is way down its oak hill then burg then probably waverly and after that teams are way way down. west is OK i mean not great but id say rankings in the 50s is honest. this is worst ive seen soc in like 10 years if not more what happened to talent in league? so weird to see

Taco82
Waterboy

Post by Taco82 »

I’d put Waverly in the top 8. Only loss is to Oak Hill.

Taco82
Waterboy

Post by Taco82 »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm
toast wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:00 am Nice work! I really like the top 15. Seems accurate to me. :)

soc 2 is way down its oak hill then burg then probably waverly and after that teams are way way down. west is OK i mean not great but id say rankings in the 50s is honest. this is worst ive seen soc in like 10 years if not more what happened to talent in league? so weird to see

We will see tonight. I see Waverly winning by 10 though. Oak Hill is team to definitely beat in SOC.

!!!
Waterboy

Post by !!! »

socsportsfan1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:15 pm Symmes Valley is 2-3. They have wins against South Gallia, and Notre Dame (both winless). I would think they are a little high on the list. Still early and a lot of settling to take place. Also think Western, with 1 win (against Symmes Valley) is a little bit high.
Western is actually 2-2. Wins against Symmes Valley and Notre Dame, albeit neither team is doing very well. 3-2 after defeating Clay tonight.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Friday Peebles travel to Owensville to take on CNE who have three players over 6'5"" including a 6'7 player Good luck indians on this tall order.
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How high does Waverly jump after their big win over Wheelersburg and how far does Gallia Acadamy drop after their 47 point loss?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think the winner of the Pike County Classic will likely find themselves in the Elite 8 going into the New Year.

Tough start on the back end of the Elite 8 so far. Just really difficult to get a read, but it will slowly play itself out.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Is Wellington D4 this year or D3?

Taco82
Waterboy

Post by Taco82 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:21 pm I think the winner of the Pike County Classic will likely find themselves in the Elite 8 going into the New Year.

Tough start on the back end of the Elite 8 so far. Just really difficult to get a read, but it will slowly play itself out.
The way Waverly played tonight against a good shooting Wheelersburg team I can see them battling. The farther the season goes the better they are getting. They just need to start knocking down FT attempts. 50% from the line isn’t going to get it. Almost lost a close one tonight from not making easy points

Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Post by Lovebball42 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 pm Is Wellington D4 this year or D3?
D3

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Nice win Waverly !! It has certainly been fun the first couple of weeks in SE Ohio

toast
All State

Post by toast »

burgpirater wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:25 pm

I'll tell you what....there is some really really good talent at the Jr. High level. (7th and 8th grade) SOC 2 future is bright! My only hope is that these kids stay at the school where they are presently and don't transfer. Seems to happen a lot. Waverly, Valley, South Webster, Burg, West and Minford, all have some excellent players coming up in the next year or two.
Last edited by toast on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vito Corleone
Freshman Team

Post by Vito Corleone »

I think that Fairland proved to everyone the reason why they are ranked #1. Impressive victory. I think we all can agree that they are #1 lol

Making offers you can't refuse
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hoopie74: The Wellington School, Africentric, and Harvest Prep are all D3, which makes getting out of the Athens regional for a SE district D3 school much tougher. Chances are 1 of those 3 will make it down US 33 for the Sweet 16.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Portsmouth West only down by 2 to Oak Hill at the half. Wow! I'm thinking West is significantly better than the ranking of 55th. Of course it all works out over time. We shall see.

Some crazy scores lately. I sure wouldn't want to have to rank teams. Lol.

Appreciate all the time and effort to come up with the rankings. Thank you Pfloyd!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”