Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Good job Floyd . That's alot of work and greatly appreciated . Logan at number 9 is great . You still have to get those wins and we let 3 or four get away . Good luck on your health and enjoy the Tourney!!!!!!!

celticpride
Freshman Team

Post by celticpride »

Southern is 10-11.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

PFloyd: I appreciate how you do this with a "whole district conscience ". It is very difficult to put together the list let alone the list with records.

You have turned this into a legitimate poll that people point to with pride.

Your Napkin Notes and positive posts back up the work.

It would be difficult for anyone to do this without bias and most would have a very heavy bias.

I hope to see you at the Convo. My family has always made the pilgrimage and this year hopefully will watch the team we have a vested interest in make a run.

Glad to see all 3 Southeast divisions get 2 district champs

1 is too few and 3 champs with 12 teams seriously waters it down.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Well, the prelims are finished and now let the games begin!
Pfloyd, I so enjoyed following the "8" all season and wish
all the teams best of good fortunes during the run for the
roses. There will be upsets, higher seeds having an off night
and one team that will surprise, as an old Trojan I hope they
might be that team, but reality is what it is. The last two
games have shown other teams how to really slow us down ;)
Have a great time during this special time of basketball!
wipala, an old Trojan in Arizona

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I wonder when the southeastern district might go to the , higher seeds in the sectional get the home games for the semi and finals,I know the East district is going with it for the first time this year, I guess we will see how it goes.the only nice you don't have to start your tournaments so soon,but I think it takes a little away from the tournament atmosphere and the neutral floor and getting to see two games on same night sometimes

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

93Bulldog wrote:Curious if Athens had the furthest drop of the season. From top 8 to 19th. Ouch

Maybe for the season, but not of ALL time :mrgreen:

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

thanks for a great season my friend, My Trojans struggles at the end, but we get the opportunity to upset a few in the tourney. I look forward to this every season, you always do a wonderful job.......Also a big shout out to those that provide information on this post, I relly feel that Im in SE Ohio after reading this thread. Thx to all and Go Trojans

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Good job Floyd . That's alot of work and greatly appreciated . Logan at number 9 is great . You still have to get those wins and we let 3 or four get away . Good luck on your health and enjoy the Tourney!!!!!!!

... Chieftain Fan - thanks ... I saw Coach Bell today, shook his hand and congratulated him on the "W" & the defensive scheme he came up with in defending a very good team in the Warren Warriors Friday night ... a good chat ... thanks again on wishes for a good health - March 13th is MY "tipoff" I'll have more scans and meet with the oncologist for results & a "game plan" hey !!! maybe I should have Coach Bell come up with a defensive game plan for my "game" ! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote:PFloyd: I appreciate how you do this with a "whole district conscience ". It is very difficult to put together the list let alone the list with records.

You have turned this into a legitimate poll that people point to with pride.

Your Napkin Notes and positive posts back up the work.

It would be difficult for anyone to do this without bias and most would have a very heavy bias.

I hope to see you at the Convo. My family has always made the pilgrimage and this year hopefully will watch the team we have a vested interest in make a run.

Glad to see all 3 Southeast divisions get 2 district champs

1 is too few and 3 champs with 12 teams seriously waters it down.
... LucasDavenport - thank you ... I'm not sure I know how to "just sit and watch" a game LOL ... I always breakdown the teams on the court, I always have to keep the "napkin stats" and then analyze the stats at the end of the game LOL ... it's what I do ... it's what I LOVE to do ... I greatly appreciate the follows and weekly reads by all of the folks during hoops season ... I think it adds to the conversation for sure ... best of luck to YOUR team and safe travels during the post season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

final4 wrote:Thats pretty impressive pfloyd. Thanks for all the updates and analysis throughout the season.
... thanks for the read final4 !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LetsGoPSU wrote:thanks for a great season my friend, My Trojans struggles at the end, but we get the opportunity to upset a few in the tourney. I look forward to this every season, you always do a wonderful job.......Also a big shout out to those that provide information on this post, I relly feel that Im in SE Ohio after reading this thread. Thx to all and Go Trojans
LetsGoPSU ... thank you for continuing to read , follow the teams here in the SouthEast District ! you ALWAYS give us a read during the season and post season - thanks my friend ... and you are totally correct there are some great folks who give awesome information throughout the season about the teams they enjoy watching - I couldn't do what I do without these peoples ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

noreply66 wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:Surprised Logan didn't sneak in there.
One more win or a .500 record would have put them in.

... you know noreply66 that YOU are right ... one more "W" would have done it ... I told Coach Bell today that it was too bad that the season wasn't starting "today" in a way I suppose it is with the beginning of the Post Season but I'm pretty sure that some of those " close but no cigar" games we would have been able to put a "W" on our handydandy pocket schedules for the Purple & White ...

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Glad to see my Blue Devils made it to 21. I think we are a little better then that but we haven't proven it on the court yet. I think the game with Waverly will be a big test. My Blue devils might come out of there with there head hanging. But i will be surprised if they don't play a whale of a game Friday night. I will be making my first trip to the convo in years for high school basketball either way. Finally am not working afternoons in march..
Thanks for what you do. It is very hard to compare styles of play and how they would match up with each team.

I have a question how many of the 72 teams have you got to see this year ? i know a lot but no one could ever see them all in one season

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

svac83 wrote:Glad to see my Blue Devils made it to 21. I think we are a little better then that but we haven't proven it on the court yet. I think the game with Waverly will be a big test. My Blue devils might come out of there with there head hanging. But i will be surprised if they don't play a whale of a game Friday night. I will be making my first trip to the convo in years for high school basketball either way. Finally am not working afternoons in march..
Thanks for what you do. It is very hard to compare styles of play and how they would match up with each team.

I have a question how many of the 72 teams have you got to see this year ? i know a lot but no one could ever see them all in one season
... I had the pleasure of seeing 47 of the 72 teams in the SouthEast District with the teams in the top 8 multiple times ... the SHAC teams were the teams that I did not get to see ... the better teams in all of the other leagues I DID get to see throughout the season ... 19 of my top 20 teams I put eyes on ... 24 of my top 30 ... I STILL was unable to get to North Adams for the Coach Young Classic - it's on my bucket list though ... the further down the list the more likely I DO NOT go watch those teams - I DO try to see quality teams and good games every night they are played - Tuesday, Fridays & Saturdays ... I went to the usual multiple game get-togethers - the Tip Off Classic at Zane Trace, the Beasts of the Southeast at Chesapeake ... the first night of games at the Pike County Holiday Tourney ... the Portsmouth /Shawnee State tournament games ... these multiple game venues are awesome for getting to see many teams in one day with little travel time ...

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

noreply66 wrote:Week # 1....................Final

Fairland......................Fairland

Vinton Cty...................Fairfield Union

Miami Trace.................Miami Trace

Fairfield Union.............Vinton Cty

Waterford...................Warren

Unioto.......................Chillicothe

Warren......................Oak Hill

Lynchburg..................Portsmouth Clay/Waterford

Logan #11.................Logan #9
Great job. Homework done early came mostly to fruition. With the tie for 8th, Logan in actuality is 10th on the list which would make them twice as close to the week #1 ranking of #11 on the final edition!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

no offense to my friends in he media, but they can not provide the coverage of the SE District that these threads provide,of course bias exist but just stats and knowledge of the staffs and young men on the court is unprecedented, wish I could get this same type of coverage for my sport.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

South Webster ended the regular season 13-9, pfloyd. Won 5 of their last 6, only loss on the road to Oak Hill after leading all the way until the 4:00 minute mark in the 4th.

Hopefully they can continue their good play into the postseason, they will be definitely be battle tested!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

bbjunky81 wrote:South Webster ended the regular season 13-9, pfloyd. Won 5 of their last 6, only loss on the road to Oak Hill after leading all the way until the 4:00 minute mark in the 4th.

Hopefully they can continue their good play into the postseason, they will be definitely be battle tested!
Definitely a great run to end the season for Webster after the rough 0-3 week mid-January. I still worry about the Jeeps' lack of depth against good teams as it seems like they have run out of steam in the 4th quarter in some of their losses (@Clay, @Oak Hill, @Waverly come to mind). Regardless, 13-9 with that schedule is a pretty solid year for the Jeeps.*

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd

New Lex

Bradley Clapper
Gage Morgan
Luke barnette
Seth Russell
Will Stenson

Nick Pickrell
Tyler Brown

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Floyd

New Lex

Bradley Clapper
Gage Morgan
Luke barnette
Seth Russell
Will Stenson

Nick Pickrell
Tyler Brown

... perfect ! thanks 93bulldog ... I got the program for the Logan Sectional today so I can #'s off of it ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”