Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Post by Ironman92 »

oakfan wrote:Heartbreaker for the young Oaks losing by 2 at minford on costly foul call with 1 sec. Cox should have been shooting 3 foul shots. Instead called it on the floor.had to inbounds with .07 seconds left shot didn't fall.
Impressive showing....who did well for the Oaks?

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Senior guards Cox and Harrison 13 each.Cox 12 4th quarter, drawing a lot of traps and double teams. Swann had 8 played nice game

Falcon Fury
Freshman Team

Post by Falcon Fury »

The foul was clearly on the floor and shouldn't have been a shooting foul. Great play by junior Brandon Rowe to know the Falcons had a foul to give. The Falcons were very sluggish and it almost cost them a victory. The Falcons found away to grind out the win. Very impressed with the team to stick with the game and come out on top! Watching Oak Hill's offense is like watching paint dry. Very boring. If there was a shot clock in high school basketball, it would take away Oak Hill's game plan. Classless act on Norm to scream profanity at our AD/Super. He's sure giving the Oaks a reputation. However the kids and assistants to Oak Hill are superb. IMO the Board of Administration should think about who they are keeping as their head coach.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Falcon fury, that is why high school should not have a shot clock, your enjoyment is not what high school athletics is designed for! lol

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

I'm not going to say the foul at the end of the game cost Oak Hill the game because there was a couple mistakes before that that didn't help matters. That foul should've either been 3 fts or an intentional foul. The Rowe kid made no attempt on the ball and had both hands pulling down on Cox's arm and Cox was trying to turn and shoot the ball but with Rowe pulling him down he couldn't get turned to finish his motion. And as far as I know there is still no shot clock in HS so crying about OH running their offense til they get the shot that they want and being disciplined is pointless. And when they did stall it was the last min of the qtrs when they were holding it for the last shot which is what most disciplined teams do especially if it is a close game.

roxanna fry
Riding the Bench

Post by roxanna fry »

Here's one fan who hopes they NEVER employ the shot clock; Minford certainly wouldn't be affected by one since they usually shoot very early in the possession. As much as I dislike the behavior of Coach Persin, you cannot deny his genius in preparing for a game in which his team doesn't match up. I think you call that being well prepared and disciplined. Discussed this with several knowledgeable fans prior to the game and certainly expected them to slow it down and be disciplined. As far as the call, from my vantage point it was a clean foul prior to any shot attempt. There's no NBA continuation in high school. Seems like the influence of the "pro" game just keeps rolling down. Veto the shot clocks and continuation plays that make the NBA game a joke. I was disappointed in the performance of that crew and frankly haven't seen one of those guys for years. Also hadn't seen him work with that crew. Should be a good crew once they get the rust off; alot of experience in that trio but didn't exactly show last night IMO. I counted 4 obvious traveling violations on the Oak Hill side that were not called not to mention some other questionable calls. It is time for officials to stand up to the bullying tactics and make the kids decide the game. Saw some of this at the Minford/Warren game earlier this year and it is not fair to the players. I'm sure the Oaks saw some other calls that were suspect and both schools had some arguments but as with most games, the officials didn't determine this game on ONE call. Both teams made crucial mistakes throughout and adjustments/lack of adjustments also affect games. Minford made some crucial mistakes and missed some free throws after finally extending the lead. I think travel basketball has hurt the high school game enough without having a shot clock. That just further encourages the playground ball atmosphere you see at most games as opposed to encouraging great coaching and patient offense. Congrats to Minford for overcoming a great game plan and also to the Oaks for their execution and effort from a young group! Should be a great rematch later in the season!

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

The different strategies are all part of the game, makes it fun and challenging as a coach depending on which side you are on. Lots of different ways to get the job done and helps prepare you for different types of games in the tournament. We certainly didn't need a shot clock for our game @ Warren last night, ended 81-69 with the teams shooting 20/34 combined from the three point line and both pressing the whole game. Warren has a really, really good team.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Yes shot clock would be nice, you wanna take a nap in some of these games.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… We have at least a couple of games out there this evening :

Eastern Reedsville @ Trimble

New Boston @ St Joseph

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble 21
Eastern 9
end of 1

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble 36
Eastern 16
halftime

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

This one "on paper" wasn't going to be a contest … Trimble has too many athletes … paper is now being played out on the hardwood …

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble 55
Eastern 22
end of 3

jordan23
Riding the Bench

Post by jordan23 »

When does peebles play again"? and who do they play ?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jordan23 wrote:When does peebles play again"? and who do they play ?
They play Manchester tomorrow night (1/16) at Peebles.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

If you don't like the stall ball approach then either press to speed up the game or make some shots so the other team has to play with a little more urgency down 15. If you can't do either, don't complain.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Pfloyd, I would like to personally invite you down to Sciotoville, January 30th when the Tartans take on Eastern Pike. This is a game that could decide the SOC I along with give you chance to see what East looks like not just this year but the next couple years also.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… thanks for the invite Tartanblue !!! I will need to check my schedule of travels - I could drop in and say hello to my mom in New Boston as well !!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Big Games this Friday night Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line :

John Glenn @ Sheridan (MVL)
Logan @ Warren (SEOAL)
Adena @ Southeastern (SVC)
Paint Valley @ Piketon (SVC)
Zane Trace @ Unioto (SVC)
Logan Elm @ Bloom Carroll (MSL)
Miami Trace @ Washington CH (SCOL)
Chillicothe @ Wilmington (SCOL)
Western Pike @ Portsmouth Clay ( SOC)
Portsmouth Notre Dame @ Eastern Pike (SOC)
Portsmouth West @ Oak Hill (SOC)
New Boston @ Green … the Tigers looking to get their first W in 2 years ...
Wahama @ South Gallia (TVC)
Chesapeake vs Fairland (OVC)
Valley vs Minford (SOC)

other games …

Marietta vs Claymont
Ironton vs Coal Grove
South Point @ Rock HIll
Miller @ Southern
Belpre @ Waterford
Eastern Reedsville @ Federal Hocking
South Webster @ Northwest
Waverly @ Wheelersburg
Symmes Valley @ Portsmouth East
West Union @ Whiteoak
Manchester @ Peebles
Fairfield Leesburg @ Eastern Brown
Hillsboro @ McClain
Fairfield Union @ Amanda CC
Teays Valley @ Circleville
Westfall @ Huntington
Vinton County @ Wellston
River Valley @ Meigs
Gallia @ Jackson
New Lexington @ West Muskingum
Tri Valley @ Crooksville

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'd elevate Teays at Circleville to the biggest MSL game. Teays is 7-3, 4-0 and Circleville is 7-2, 4-0.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”