Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
jottings
SEOPS H

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...Need Jackson-Logan JV score. Thanks.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Floyd the Jeeps may be making a decent jump in your standings. They play a ton of sophomores and early on struggled to get victories when leading in the 4th. This week they thumped Jackson at Jackson by 30, then turned around and beat a very solid Portsmouth West team by 12 last night (the same West team that thumped them by 25 earlier in the year).

Similar to last year, they are finally healthy and seem to be clicking at the right time. They will be a very tough out in the Division IV tournament.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote:Floyd the Jeeps may be making a decent jump in your standings. They play a ton of sophomores and early on struggled to get victories when leading in the 4th. This week they thumped Jackson at Jackson by 30, then turned around and beat a very solid Portsmouth West team by 12 last night (the same West team that thumped them by 25 earlier in the year).

Similar to last year, they are finally healthy and seem to be clicking at the right time. They will be a very tough out in the Division IV tournament.

bbjunky81 - you can be assured that Jeeps will be on the move this week !!! how far ? only the Ouija Board knows for sure LOL … going to be some definite "moving" in both directions in this weeks rankings ! losses to teams in the top 1/3 of the rankings in the Week that IS … late in the regular season, teams getting injured players back in their lineups, teams which picked up "transfers" that sat out the first half of the season are now comfortable with their new lineups, early losses are now in the rearview mirror and the games played in the last few weeks show what the TEAMS are made of on the court … the committee will definitely take some long looks at what has happened in the last few weeks … adjustments will be made for sure … look at Chillicothe !!!! the Cavs had the 1 loss powerhouse Wlimington literally "on the ropes" last night !!! taking the Hurricanes to the final buzzer losing 44-48 … Cavs EVEN IN LOSING are getting "positive" looks from the committee of one - me this week !!! … Western with a BIG win in the SOC1 over Eastern Pike … Logan after beating the MSL leading Teays Valley squad and going into upset minded Jackson last night getting a "football" W will be moving up the rankings … losses last night for Chesapeake (at home vs Coal Grove) … Miami Trace losing to Washington CH 44-53 … Meigs with the upset over Vinton County 67-64 on the English last second 3 pointer from the cheap seats … Piketon squeaked by Westfall 68-66 … Paint Valley on a roll down the stretch beating Peebles last week more than holding serve this week beating - as they should have - a not so good Huntington team 67-47 … so much happening at the end of the season … one more week to go before it's "SHOW TIME" and the race for the Convo begins - I'm pumped !!!!

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

pfloyd, I was going to suggest that my Miami Trace Panthers should be moved a little higher than #25 in your rankings since they took your #1 Shermans to the wire, and should've won, but after last night, I'm shutting my mouth. They are so Jekyll and Hyde that I never know what team is going to show up each night. Just when I think they're getting everything together, they play a game like last night. When they're on, they can play with any team in the district as they did vs Unioto but when they're not, anybody can beat them. It gets extremely frustratine watching this team and especially the coaching decisions. if they had better coaching, I feel they would be a mainstay in your top 8 but as my dad always says "Wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first". as long as the current coach is there, unfortunately i'll have a hand full of crap

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

mray23 that's about what kind of season we are having, my Trojans lost 2 games to floyds number 2 team by a total of 7 or 8 points first game going into over time and last might by 3 in a game that went down to the wire that we was down 15 points in second qtr. the Trojan also lost to another ranked team in chesapeke only to revenge that loss with a win in second match up chespapeke then loses to coal grove who the Trojans have beat twice this year LOL...HIGH SCHOOL HOOPS AT ITS BEST?

we went to 4 games this week EAST and eastern down to the wire ..Chesapeake and Minford overtime..zane trace at Circleville down to the wire.....Portsmouth at warren down to the wire...I think someone was scouting out some pretty good games this week to watch LOL

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

my Cavs are playing so much better...but the Sectional will be brutal....unfortunately!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chilli Blue wrote:my Cavs are playing so much better...but the Sectional will be brutal....unfortunately!
But, with Davidson stepping up to help Bolte out, I believe that they will have a good chance to get at least 1 W. They showed on Friday how dangerous they can be. Go Cavs

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”