SEOPS

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg's record is 13-5

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Arguing over something that has nothing to do with either team ,no way no one will ever know who would best who ,that's why they PLAY the game and these teams won't play each other ,not even in the tournament so the back and forth meand nothing ,I'm sure the players and coaches of these two teams could care less who would win this match up and have other teams on their minds.

Phoenix31
JV Team

Post by Phoenix31 »

Spectator555 wrote:Seems to me it's one of the players for Portsmouth, let ignorance flourish through his mind while he's young. Insulting and making confident judgements over something you know little about isn't a good way to express your opinions
"Seems, madam? Nay, it is; I know not seems."

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Sir. Potstirers are a dime a dozen ladies and gentleman. And we have one here. I still say Waterford will come out of region and Soc 1 team will be close. Portsmouth will be lucky to win a game at districts. Just my observations from everything that has been played out.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

As a Trojan fan and alumnus, it is a moot point to debate who would win between Clay and Portsmouth. They don't play each other, so any argument about who's better is pure conjecture. I've seen Clay twice, and they do indeed have a nice starting 5. I said a while back to biggdowgg that the Panthers would really be good when Hinze comes back from his injury. To be at the top of SOC I as deep as it is, is quite an accomplishment. I really do feel Clay could beat Waterford if they're on their game, but the D4 sectional at Northwest is the toughest I can ever remember. For our Trojans, losing our all time leading scorer and coming back with a 14-5 season thus far has been a pleasant surprise, and it wouldn't shock me at all if PHS advances to at least the district finals, having personally seen a lot of possible opponents in the tourney. It won't be easy for PHS because our ship sails if our shots are falling. It they don't, then the ship begins to take on water. We have our flaws, just like anybody else. Coach Collins and his outstanding staff have squeezed as much juice out of the orange as they have been able to. I am very proud of these Trojans.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Very true TrojanDave, but Waterford will probably get to the final 4. Clay might make it to regionals. 50/50 in my eyes. Rise from the ashes and reborn, now how cute is that. Lol Athens will be the surprise.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

PrimeTime: One thing that I think is true with the tournament every single year.......someone, a favorite, a lock, will get upset at some point in whatever division, while at the same time a decided underdog will advance farther than anybody thought possible. It's what makes the tournament one of the greatest events of the sports year. Look at last year when Western lost 12 games in the regular season but played their way to the regionals.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Very true TrojanDave, very true. good luck to your Trojans, and Coach Collins is one of the best

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

My wife's family is from Portsmouth area, we visit often

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

For sure, some people have delusions of grandeur, only to find out that crow doesn't taste good.beware crowning state champs too early.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I always thought the Elite 8 thread was immune from the childish insults ... I always thought that it drew the best of the best posters who every week bring great insight to Southern/Southeastern Ohio high school hoops ... the players, teams, coaches ALL deserve the best we have in our comments, and support ... I don't even want to add a comment on MY OWN thread that is a part of some of this "stuff" ...

... I know that most posters don't feel that the rankings are "worth" much hence some of the comments posters have made ie." we all take the rankings for what they are ..." ... I DO take them seriously, I DO try to make them as accurate as I can - the TEAMS, the players, the coaches DESERVE that imo ... so the comments of " take them for what they are ..." gets under my skin somewhat but - it implies I don't know what I'm talking about, that I just pick teams out at random ... In my mind I am pretty "darn" close on where every single one of the teams in the SouthEast District actually should be ... there is always the "once in a blue moon" game that the decided underdog plays - THAT'S GREAT STUFF imo ... the once in a blue moon game doesn't move a team 20+ spots or drops a team 20+ spots (unless the team is the Portsmouth Trojans right biggdowgg or trojandave ! LOL - that was an inside joke among friends by the way) ...

... disagree with each other - not a problem ... support your team to the hilt - not a problem ... make claims about your team that can't be supported - not a problem ... turn the thread into a BS thread - then I have a problem ... take it to the "OFF topic" thread and plunder each other all you want ... turn what has been a good thread about hoops you lose all respect from many of us "old timers" ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Southern is (10-9)

Yea, I kinda missed the mark on that one, Floyd.

;)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Southern is (10-9)

;)

... is that 10-9 counting the W over Fed Hock Tuesday night ? or is that going into THIS week ?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:... I always thought the Elite 8 thread was immune from the childish insults ... I always thought that it drew the best of the best posters who every week bring great insight to Southern/Southeastern Ohio high school hoops ... the players, teams, coaches ALL deserve the best we have in our comments, and support ... I don't even want to add a comment on MY OWN thread that is a part of some of this "stuff" ...

... I know that most posters don't feel that the rankings are "worth" much hence some of the comments posters have made ie." we all take the rankings for what they are ..." ... I DO take them seriously, I DO try to make them as accurate as I can - the TEAMS, the players, the coaches DESERVE that imo ... so the comments of " take them for what they are ..." gets under my skin somewhat but - it implies I don't know what I'm talking about, that I just pick teams out at random ... In my mind I am pretty "darn" close on where every single one of the teams in the SouthEast District actually should be ... there is always the "once in a blue moon" game that the decided underdog plays - THAT'S GREAT STUFF imo ... the once in a blue moon game doesn't move a team 20+ spots or drops a team 20+ spots (unless the team is the Portsmouth Trojans right biggdowgg or trojandave ! LOL - that was an inside joke among friends by the way) ...

... disagree with each other - not a problem ... support your team to the hilt - not a problem ... make claims about your team that can't be supported - not a problem ... turn the thread into a BS thread - then I have a problem ... take it to the "OFF topic" thread and plunder each other all you want ... turn what has been a good thread about hoops you lose all respect from many of us "old timers" ...

Floyd ,you know we love is man....Lol.

In,surprised a mod hasn't. Cleaned this mess up for you,good help is hard to find. Lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOL biggdowgg ... it's all good - the "stuff" that has been said isn't horrible it just needs to be done somewhere else, start their thread and "go at it" ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Southern is (10-9)

;)

... is that 10-9 counting the W over Fed Hock Tuesday night ? or is that going into THIS week ?

Southern still has three games left, St. Joe, Eastern, Waterford.

They are (10-9) right now.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Gold and Blue wrote:This guy fighting with his Clay wife since Pfloyd took her side.i believe there are teams ahead of ours that we could defeat but take list for what it is. Thanks for your time each week.
Pfloyd nothing meant negative by this if taken that way. Was disappointed in the sudden bashing of our panthers by one. Appreciate your knowledge and respect your list.Look forward each week for the list and where our panthers or little black kitties land. Our panthers started down with injuries and sickness but hung in there to get a chance at the SOC 1 title. Very proud of the team and hope good things continue for them. Best to you.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Gold and Blue wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:This guy fighting with his Clay wife since Pfloyd took her side.i believe there are teams ahead of ours that we could defeat but take list for what it is. Thanks for your time each week.
Pfloyd nothing meant negative by this if taken that way. Was disappointed in the sudden bashing of our panthers by one. Appreciate your knowledge and respect your list.Look forward each week for the list and where our panthers or little black kitties land. Our panthers started down with injuries and sickness but hung in there to get a chance at the SOC 1 title. Very proud of the team and hope good things continue for them. Best to you.

Portsmouth Clay is an OUTSTANDING basketball team they have shown that on the court for the last 2 seasons for sure ... their schedule for a Southeast District small school division team is excellent when you look at the caliber of this seasons SOC1 competition - Portsmouth East, Eastern Pike , Western Pike, Notre Dame, South Webster ...

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

pfloyd wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote:

Portsmouth Clay is an OUTSTANDING basketball team they have shown that on the court for the last 2 seasons for sure ... their schedule for a Southeast District small school division team is excellent when you look at the caliber of this seasons SOC1 competition - Portsmouth East, Eastern Pike , Western Pike, Notre Dame, South Webster ...
Thank you and that bashing by one was NOT you. Hope our panthers ready for big league game this Friday at Western. Again best to you.

Gold and Blue
Freshman Team

Post by Gold and Blue »

Gold and Blue wrote:
pfloyd wrote:
Gold and Blue wrote: Pfloyd nothing meant negative by this if taken that way. Was disappointed in the sudden bashing of our panthers by one. Appreciate your knowledge and respect your list.Look forward each week for the list and where our panthers or little black kitties land. Our panthers started down with injuries and sickness but hung in there to get a chance at the SOC 1 title. Very proud of the team and hope good things continue for them. Best to you.

Thank you and that bashing by one was NOT you. Hope our panthers ready for big league game this Friday at Western. Again best to you.
Sorry for the post running together still learning

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”