Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Whs95fan
S

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by Whs95fan »

What's FU's remaining schedule look like? Just wondering if Warren has a potential chance to jump them come sectional time? I'm assuming VC's toughest remaining game is against Alexander.

Go Blue
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Whs95fan wrote:What's FU's remaining schedule look like? Just wondering if Warren has a potential chance to jump them come sectional time? I'm assuming VC's toughest remaining game is against Alexander.
You think Vinton County's toughest game is Alexander...Seriously?

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Whs95fan wrote:What's FU's remaining schedule look like? Just wondering if Warren has a potential chance to jump them come sectional time? I'm assuming VC's toughest remaining game is against Alexander.
VC has a few tough games left. However, at least two of them come after the draw. (@Logan and @ MT). I would say the game Friday at Meigs would be the toughest on paper.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

tvc_fan wrote:
I said "assuming" I have no clue what their schedule looks like

Go Blue
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Whs95fan wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:
I said "assuming" I have no clue what their schedule looks like
1/31 at Jackson
2/3 at Meigs
2/7 at River Valley
2/10 Alexander
2/11 at logan
2/14 at Miami Trace
2/17 Wellston

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think Gallia Academy is low at 32. But I also understand why they are ranked where they are at.. But I think if they finish the way I think they will.. they will deserve to be about 20th.. maybe a little higher.. when I look at this team though and I think your 2 worse loses are to Jackson on the road in a buzzer beater and.. a loss at ironton in a game that you were tremendously short handed.. that is a pretty good team

Bball4
Waterboy

Post by Bball4 »

FU's remaining schedule
Lost tonight to D1 Saint Charles
Friday Amanda
Saturday Granville
Liberty Union
Teays Valley
Circleville
Bloom Carroll

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wheelersburg (11-4) has won 8 straight games after defeating Oak Hill last night.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbn77 wrote:Hey pfloyd in your years of doing these rankings has Chesapeake ever been on the end table? I don't know if they'll get there but they sure are trending in that direction

... bbn77 - where the 'Peake is this year is ALL new air for the Panthers ... Nope Chesapeake has never sniffed the End Table in the rankings ... CHS has had a good cycle of athletes for many many years at all levels - when one senior group graduates there has always been a good mix of underclassmen to fill the void ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Circleville 65
Zane Trace 63

Final in Overtime from Wednesday

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

pfloyd wrote:
bbn77 wrote:Hey pfloyd in your years of doing these rankings has Chesapeake ever been on the end table? I don't know if they'll get there but they sure are trending in that direction

... bbn77 - where the 'Peake is this year is ALL new air for the Panthers ... Nope Chesapeake has never sniffed the End Table in the rankings ... CHS has had a good cycle of athletes for many many years at all levels - when one senior group graduates there has always been a good mix of underclassmen to fill the void ...

Thanks for the response. The middle school program is strong again and this freshmen group is getting early experience and has a lot of potential. Excited for the next few years. All great programs have a stretch where the talent isn't there but the growing pains will be worth it

ROLL PEAKE
Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

How can Wheelersburg be only 8-4, they have to played more games then that

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hawks1112 wrote:How can Wheelersburg be only 8-4, they have to played more games then that
... I'm more than willing to have someone volunteer to keep track of ALL 71 teams records Hawks1112 ..." How can they be at 8-4 ?" - I get that I miss scores on games - especially those from on the river, or West of Rt 23 ... the communication equipment I have here in the Hocking Hills is antiquated at best ... besides that I'm just old and my day job gets in the way SOMETIMES ... if 8-4 was what I had on this week Elite 8 in Week #9 then the record for the Burg had to be wrong in prior weeks as well - but I heard nothing but crickets ... without assistance from those that follow the forum or the Elite 8 thread it's "darn" near impossible to keep the records straight from week to week ... now we have the makeup games coming into play from earlier in January - for example we had Zane Trace playing Circleville LAST NIGHT on a Wednesday night ... if I wasn't from Roundtown or ZT (which I am not) I WOULDN'T know that they played last night ... the usual haunts for scores don't have it ie. WKKJ which ALWAYS has scores or the SVCsportszone site doesn't have the score ... IF you have scores - post them ... if the records are incorrect - post the correct record and/or score(s) ...

Ideally those of us here on the Basketball Forum would have a person or group of persons from each league who posts the scores EVERY night teams from that league play whether they play league games or nonleague games (ie. 93bulldog - posts the results of every game league or nonleague in the TVC which one of the largest leagues in the Southeast district ... Stephen Forsha the Sports Editor of the Highland County Press does a great job of getting the SHAC scores posted ... the svcsportszone.com site usually has the scores up within a day ... other than that ???? it's hard to find scores the night of ... although I need to give props to WKKJ and WBEX radio stations for posting MANY local scores out for the SVC & SOC then a mix of SCOL/SEOAL/MSL just not the full menu of any of them ... it is what it is - I do the best I can with what is out there ... I miss some of them for sure ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

People that won't even try to do what you do and they complain about not be perfect.

What can a person do? You travel all over Southeastern Ohio, get in touch with all sorts of fans and coaches, collect scores from around six or seven conferences, work for a living. For someone that puts in 8 or more hours going to work and returning, getting a good nights sleep, spending time with the wife you do a Dang good job for us here.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I guess I'm lucky, I'm retired now and have alot more time on my hands,but I also have a beef farm to take care of.i know it's hard to try kept scores of every team , I kept all the scores for the eastern district teams and it can be real pain in the you know what, finding scores,I think I do around 50 teams in our district.i have about 5or 6 different subscription to online newspapers during basketball season,so I know how you feel. But thanks for all teams records and there up dates

Hawks1112
Varsity

Post by Hawks1112 »

I m sorry I didn't mean to complain aboutwhat you do with all teams you cover down your way,I think you do a great job,of posting the teams and there records,I wish we had some kind website for the eastern district ,but I use your website to post the eastern district teams records. there are some good basketball sites out there,in Northwest Ohio there's davel 1.com, in West Virginia there's there high school site,wvsaa.org has all the teams and there scores.thats a few I know of. Thanks again for all you for high school basketball

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

5 vs 6 tonight at Miami Trace (14-3). Miami Trace has had 2 absolute battles this week, winning both at home by a combined 6 points.

Tough week for Chillicothe, but they are still playing good basketball and will be a top 3 (maybe 2) seed at Southeastern.

The Logan Sectional keeps getting tougher and tougher.

Paint Valley and Peebles could be a fun game tonight as well.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

danicalifornia wrote:5 vs 6 tonight at Miami Trace (14-3). Miami Trace has had 2 absolute battles this week, winning both at home by a combined 6 points.

Tough week for Chillicothe, but they are still playing good basketball and will be a top 3 (maybe 2) seed at Southeastern.

The Logan Sectional keeps getting tougher and tougher.

Paint Valley and Peebles could be a fun game tonight as well.
Indians and the Bearcats. They have had some battles the last few years. Should be fun.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Miami Trace 68
Unioto 61

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Headed west on 35 tonight to catch Unioto vs MT. As expected it was a good game. MT will be the #1 seed in the sectional after tonight and probably a toss up at 2/3 IMO. MT is GOOD. They attack attack attack. #20 can straight up find the bottom of the net. Their guard play is as good as youll see around here and they rebound like bigs. Unioto was up by 15 or so in the first due to Swackhammer hitting 3/4 tripples. MT slowly chipped away and took a 2pt lead into the 4th and built it to around 10-12 and didnt look back.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”