Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8 ...

1. Fairland (13-1)
2. Vinton County (12-1)
3. Fairfield Union (12-1)
4. Warren (12-2)
5. Miami Trace (10-2)
6. Unioto (11-3)
7. Oak Hill (16-0)
8. Chillicothe (8-6)

...TreeHugger Wannabes ...

Waterford (9-3)
Sheridan (10-3)
Logan (6-8)
Athens (7-5)
Logan Elm (10-5)
Marietta (8-6)
Eastern Pike (12-3)/ Portsmouth Clay (12-2)
Lynchburg Clay (11-4)
Portsmouth (8-4)
Meigs (9-6)
Peebles (9-4)
20 South Webster (8-5)
Minford (8-5)
Wheelersburg (6-4)
Waverly (10-4)
Farifield Leesburg (10-2)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (10-4)
Washington CH (6-7)
Ironton (8-5)
Jackson (8-9)
Alexander (7-7)
30 Portsmouth East (8-5)
Western Pike (7-6)
South Point (7-5)
Eastern Brown (9-6)
Gallia Academy (9-4)
Adena (9-4)
Paint Valley (10-6)
Trimble (9-5)
Piketon (6-8)
New Lexington (7-7)
40 Manchester (5-10)
North Adams (9-7)
Greenfield McClain (5-10)
Nelsonville York (8-6)
Zane Trace (4-10)
Miller (5-5)
Belpre (5-9)
River Valley (5-10)
St. Joseph (6-7)
Circleville (4-9)
50 Huntington (5-10)
Coal Grove (6-7)
Wahama (5-7)
Symmes Valley (5-8)
Southern (6-7)
Hillsboro (3-11)
Chesapeake (3-9)
Lucasville Valley (1-10)
Wellston (3-10)
Southeastern (4-10)
60 West Union (3-9)
New Boston (4-8)
Reedsville Eastern (3-8)

... Teams on the End Table ...

Portsmouth West (2-9)
Crooksville (2-10)
Rock Hill (2-9)
Green (2-12)
South Gallia (1-10)
Whiteoak (2-11)
Northwest (1-10)
Westfall (1-14)
Federal Hocking (0-15)

Last edited by pfloyd on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by ovcfan12 »

Looks good! Glad to see Fairland back at the number one spot. Currently I think they can make it to Regionals without Vanhorn but can't bring home the trophy. Missing his length inside.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You dirty dog putting Logan one spot ahead of Athens. Lol

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Looks good !

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Oak hill being the only team left undeafted what are the possibilities they could get that #1 spot. Is it more likely or less likely they could ever jump VC or Fairland if the Oaks don't lose a game. Eastern Pike, Portsmouth Clay,Waterford all pretty even in my book being the top D4 schools.

GO EAGLES
EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Not sure if everybody is like me or not , but I constantly check this sight on Sunday's, waiting for Pfloyd's weekly elite 8 edition , just proof of what a great job he does. I know I appreciate everything u do on this site ... thank u!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Looks good!

Manchester at #40 surprised me but not sure where I'd put them either

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

brown22 wrote:Oak hill being the only team left undeafted what are the possibilities they could get that #1 spot. Is it more likely or less likely they could ever jump VC or Fairland if the Oaks don't lose a game. Eastern Pike, Portsmouth Clay,Waterford all pretty even in my book being the top D4 schools.
Not gonna happen, Problem of scheduling down. You can't justify jumping teams that challenge their kids with playing quality teams. Eastern Pike is the best win the Oaks have.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

93Bulldog wrote:You dirty dog putting Logan one spot ahead of Athens. Lol
Pfloyd needs to do an executive order, Athens vs Logan at The Katie

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Dragon's Lair wrote:
brown22 wrote:Oak hill being the only team left undeafted what are the possibilities they could get that #1 spot. Is it more likely or less likely they could ever jump VC or Fairland if the Oaks don't lose a game. Eastern Pike, Portsmouth Clay,Waterford all pretty even in my book being the top D4 schools.
Not gonna happen, Problem of scheduling down. You can't justify jumping teams that challenge their kids with playing quality teams. Eastern Pike is the best win the Oaks have.
I didn't think it would just wondering if they went undeafted if it could happen.

GO EAGLES
Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

I'm surprised that Fairfield Union didn't get into the #2 spot this week with the big win over Bloom-Carroll and Vinton County with a not so good loss.

Spectator555
Waterboy

Post by Spectator555 »

Nice to see the Clay Panthers starting to climb back up on the rankings, thought start to a season with injuries, sitting half a season, etc. They are starting to get back into the groove of things

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

The D2 sectionals at Logan is going to be crazy. Vinton County did lose Friday on a last second shot. One thing I will say is that they lost by 2 points to a team that shot 70% for the game. Very rarely will a team shoot 70% from the field. It was a good physical game and Alexander shot lights out. VC is one of the best free throw shooting teams in the area and I do believe they missed 7 on the night. That makes a big difference.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Bud07 wrote:I'm surprised that Fairfield Union didn't get into the #2 spot this week with the big win over Bloom-Carroll and Vinton County with a not so good loss.
Losing to Logan cost FU since Vinton County killed Logan

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Bud07 wrote:I'm surprised that Fairfield Union didn't get into the #2 spot this week with the big win over Bloom-Carroll and Vinton County with a not so good loss.

... Bud07 ... the "not so good loss" to Alexander was imo a loss that showed just how good Vinton County is ... think about it - you are playing an opponent that during the game shoots just under 70% from the floor ... 50% from behind that 3 point line ... they out rebound you by 8 boards ... imo the MAJORITY of teams would have lost that game vs a very good defensive team Alexander by 20+ points YET this Viking TEAM of Coach Combs lost on a last second shot ... I do realize "a loss IS a loss" and the loss to Alexander was "a loss" but when I analyzed this one I looked at those napkin stats and I DID drop VC a spot ... I was at FU to watch the Falcons take on BC - definitely a very good win for Coach Eversole's group ! not taking anything away from FU ... it wasn't enough to leap frog VC however in my mind ... I wouldn't have gone wrong though by putting FU #2 ! the addition of Conley as the PG position will be a BIG positive for FU down the stretch and into the post season - a ball handler that can get the rim, can shoot the perimeter shot and he makes good decision with the ball AND if that's not enough - he plays defense too LOL ... scoring threats for FU where ALL things run through Collin Woodside in the middle, Lucas Thompson, Hayden Price and now add to the trio Evan Conley ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote:

... Bud07 ... the "not so good loss" to Alexander was imo a loss that showed just how good Vinton County is ... think about it - you are playing an opponent that during the game shoots just under 70% from the floor ... 50% from behind that 3 point line ... they out rebound you by 8 boards ... imo the MAJORITY of teams would have lost that game vs a very good defensive team Alexander by 20+ points YET this Viking TEAM of Coach Combs lost on a last second shot ... I do realize "a loss IS a loss" and the loss to Alexander was "a loss" but when I analyzed this one I looked at those napkin stats and I DID drop VC a spot ... I was at FU to watch the Falcons take on BC - definitely a very good win for Coach Eversole's group ! not taking anything away from FU ... it wasn't enough to leap frog VC however in my mind ... I wouldn't have gone wrong though by putting FU #2 ! the addition of Conley as the PG position will be a BIG positive for FU down the stretch and into the post season - a ball handler that can get the rim, can shoot the perimeter shot and he makes good decision with the ball AND if that's not enough - he plays defense too LOL ... scoring threats for FU where ALL things run through Collin Woodside in the middle, Lucas Thompson, Hayden Price and now add to the trio Evan Conley ...

Thinking another component of that was Logan beat FU and VC beat Logan pretty handily.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Dang, Symmes Valley #53. Need to look at past polls and see what highest they ever been was.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

mattash wrote:Dang, Symmes Valley #53. Need to look at past polls and see what highest they ever been was.
And above Chesapeake! Guarantee that's never happened

ROLL PEAKE
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Here is my thoughts and my thoughts about the whole excusing the VC Vikings of a loss.
Lets be reminded that just not only did they lose to a d3 school in Alexander who has only really beat Trimble to brag about.

And just 7 days earlier Meigs took it down to the wire and Vikings only won by 8, not sure of the shooting percentages in this one. And who have We the Meigs Marauders really beat to brag about? just the few teams no one knows anything about in Alabama. and we beat Alexander.

So you all are looking at the percentages and praising the Vikings...Sorry but they aren't playing good ball, not good enough to make it to State. They may beat us by 30 the next matchup and everyone expects that...But right now they have dropped in the level of playing great ball.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

TVC-Ohio looks like the most competitive conference and the most teams in the top 30

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”