Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Post by trojandave »

I have to give props to Fairland for scheduling OUTSIDE the SE district, when so many SE schools don't. I still think the Dragons have the best chance of any school in the SE district in any division of making the Final 4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

trojandave wrote:I have to give props to Fairland for scheduling OUTSIDE the SE district, when so many SE schools don't. I still think the Dragons have the best chance of any school in the SE district in any division of making the Final 4.
... I'm within the margin of error on the ranking of the Dragons !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:last weeks had 6,083 views, Floyd, if that makes you feel any better? lol

... I really didn't think I kept opening the Elite 8 rankings THAT MANY times ! ;)

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

tvc_fan wrote:I think that people forget pfloyds rankings are only on here for a couple hundred to see and maybe 20 or so to discuss. They are based on what he knows and they aren't broadcast all over the internet or newspapers as national rankings. So what if a team dropped a spot?
Lol couple hundred. Its got that many views not long after it comes out.

GO EAGLES
TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Great job as usual Pfloyd. One correction Ironton St. Joe is 5-5. The Flyers are down to 11 players JV and Varsity but hanging in there.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

tvc_fan wrote:I think that people forget pfloyds rankings are only on here for a couple hundred to see and maybe 20 or so to discuss. They are based on what he knows and they aren't broadcast all over the internet or newspapers as national rankings. So what if a team dropped a spot?
I wouldn't doubt it if PFloyds rankings are on DryErase Boards in Locker Rooms and Coach's Offices across SE OHIO...And To that I say why not??....Give those boys something Else to shoot for or Use as a "measuring" stick or Coaches to use as a "motivational" Tool....As long as the Boys all realize it is what it is. And besides it Gives us all something to Banty on about on these Cold Winter days....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:Great job as usual Pfloyd. One correction Ironton St. Joe is 5-5. The Flyers are down to 11 players JV and Varsity but hanging in there.

...TheFlyingDutchman - thanks for the correction ... can you give me the 5 wins for St Joseph so I can get corrected on my Big Board ? thank you ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Floyd not sure about not being liked in the Land of Purple , could that be to stay on the good side of some posters? Just wondering if you will be wearing Purple and WHITE tomorrow night .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VisionQuest wrote:
I wouldn't doubt it if PFloyds rankings are on DryErase Boards in Locker Rooms and Coach's Offices across SE OHIO...And To that I say why not??....Give those boys something Else to shoot for or Use as a "measuring" stick or Coaches to use as a "motivational" Tool....As long as the Boys all realize it is what it is. And besides it Gives us all something to Banty on about on these Cold Winter days....

Oh GREAT VisionQuest !!! if PHS gets blown out (which I don't see according to my Old Ouija Board) I have to buy trojandave, biggdowgg & the rest of the Portsmouth contingent dinner at The Ribber ! because Fairland is "PO'd" that I drop them to #2 !!! LOL ... in all seriousness I try my best to make the rankings as "real" as possible - I DON'T "just wing it" - I DO TAKE IT SERIOUSLY - all of the coaches/players & fans deserve a ranking that is "within the margin of error" ... not just for the Top 8 teams but for ALL of the teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Floyd not sure about not being liked in the Land of Purple , could that be to stay on the good side of some posters? Just wondering if you will be wearing Purple and WHITE tomorrow night .

... I will definitely be wearing purple Chieftain Fan - I have ALWAYS supported the kids who wear the purple & white ... I probably shouldn't make that a blanket statement for purple fans/coaches I DO have support from the majority of Logan coaches/players ... so to answer your question did I say that to stay on the good side of some posters - no, not at all ... I have always treated Logan teams the same as I do all other schools/teams - I try to be as positive as possible no matter which school/players/teams/coaches I post about ...

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Spoken like a trooper. Keep up the good work and drive safe!!!!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Chieftain Fan wrote:Spoken like a trooper. Keep up the good work and drive safe!!!!!!
2nd this

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Back on the old board yes maybe there was that much interaction and legit views, but sorry, SEOP has died down. There is hardly any talk by different members, all the same people. so 6,000 and some views is many of the same people going back and looking at it. Only 20 people has left a message...I'm not knocking it by any means, I was taking up for pfloyd for his hard work and dedication, and someone complaining that their team dropped a spot.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

tvc_fan wrote:Back on the old board yes maybe there was that much interaction and legit views, but sorry, SEOP has died down. There is hardly any talk by different members, all the same people. so 6,000 and some views is many of the same people going back and looking at it. Only 20 people has left a message...I'm not knocking it by any means, I was taking up for pfloyd for his hard work and dedication, and someone complaining that their team dropped a spot.
Maybe I missed it but did Meigs get a player or two back from injury or are they just figuring it out since the start of the season?

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Ironman92 wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:Back on the old board yes maybe there was that much interaction and legit views, but sorry, SEOP has died down. There is hardly any talk by different members, all the same people. so 6,000 and some views is many of the same people going back and looking at it. Only 20 people has left a message...I'm not knocking it by any means, I was taking up for pfloyd for his hard work and dedication, and someone complaining that their team dropped a spot.
Maybe I missed it but did Meigs get a player or two back from injury or are they just figuring it out since the start of the season?
Bartrum came back from Injury and has averaged about 6-8 points a game (for some reason most of these are foul shots) but he is the PG in which has allowed Mattox (19ppg), Musser (12ppg) and Mahr (12ppg) more opportunities to put up shots. Them 3 are averaging 43 points a game in the last 7 games, and then Kennedy has been hitting the boards and averaging 10 points a game. Then some key points from the bench.

Totally different team then what we seen the first 4 games.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Pfloyd is one of the biggest traffic drivers on this site. Lots and lots of non members come to this site for the elete 8 rankings.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

Ranking shakeup material. Van Horn injured at practice yesterday. Out for a while I heard. Definitely wont play this weekend

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Who does he play for?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote:Who does he play for?

Big guy for Fairland.. definitely a "blow" to them, but their front 6-7 kids is so daggon good I don't see them missing much of a beat.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

As stated by most, in the end it will all come together, tough break for the injured young man, but Fairland has the tools, the Trojans will have our hands full

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”