2016 Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason with Top 8 Previews ...

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason with Top 8 Previews ...

Post by 93Bulldog »

Looks like Athens plays Chesapeake at the Big E classic ... Then Fairland at the Beasts of the southeast.

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason with Top 8 Previews ...

Post by bbjunky81 »

Lynchburg Clay hosting a scrimmage tonight with Washington Court House and South Webster. Drive on down pfloyd!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote:Lynchburg Clay hosting a scrimmage tonight with Washington Court House and South Webster. Drive on down pfloyd!

LOL bbjunky81 ... sure wish I was retired and didn't need to rise and shine at 4:45am I would love to be there ... I didn't do a rundown on Washington CH BUT CH will be a quality team this season ... and South Webster has a lot of "potential" with their highest starting spot in the rankings in many years ... make sure you fill us in on this scrimmage !!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

pfloyd wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Lynchburg Clay hosting a scrimmage tonight with Washington Court House and South Webster. Drive on down pfloyd!

LOL bbjunky81 ... sure wish I was retired and didn't need to rise and shine at 4:45am I would love to be there ... I didn't do a rundown on Washington CH BUT CH will be a quality team this season ... and South Webster has a lot of "potential" with their highest starting spot in the rankings in many years ... make sure you fill us in on this scrimmage !!!

pfloyd,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make the scrimmage, it was too far away and I didn't get off work in time.

I will ask around the town and see if any SW fans went but since it's nearly 2 hours away I doubt they did.

Hopefully there is a Lynchburg fan or WCH fan on here that can update us on how the scrimmage went!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

VC hosted Logan Elm tonight. Obviously two very solid programs in the SE District that might meet again come tourney time. Scoring for the six quarters played as follows:
25 to 13 VC, 22 to 21VC, 20 to 11VC, 22 to 11VC, 10 to 10, and 28 to 18VC.

LE seemed unexperienced and lacked much of a scoring punch, nonetheless played their typical hard-nosed Stiverson defense and were fundamentally solid. They’ll get better as the season progresses.

Coach Combs and the Vikings have a very solid starting guard trio in Tristan Bartoe, Derick Jones, and Naylan Yates. Even though it’s early, these three haven’t seemed to miss a beat in the off season. VC’s unknown right now will hinge on post play. Bo McIntire is done and won’t be back for his senior year following a 2nd ACL surgery in the past nine months. 6’8” Junior Bryce Damron is a work in progress but will bear the load for the Vikes down low.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ty Webb ... got some feedback on the scrimmage from Nathan L. last night ... sounded like the Vikes have a LOT of perimeter scoring ... throw in Bartoe being able to get the rim anytime he wants ... as you pointed out "in the paint" at both ends will be the question mark ... I see the VC coaches taking what B. Damron brings to the inside - what his BEST skill set is at both ends and building on that - first making sure he can do "the basics" you want from a 6-8 post player 1) clog the middle 2) alter shots in the paint by his presence alone (he doesn't have to block a bunch of shots imo he's not built for getting much elevation) 3) when opposing teams are planning to attack on the offensive end make sure his presence changes where the opposing players feel comfortable taking those on the block, 10ft & in shots around the rim 4) rebound/keep bigs off the board blocking out/ getting wide in the middle - keep opposing bigs off the boards allowing the quickness of Jones, Yates, Bartoe to get to the ball attacking the boards ... imo you can't ASK BD to do what he is able to do (at least not yet) ... Coach Combs & his staff are some of the best around - they'll put folks where they need to be on the floor, doing what they need to be doing for TEAM ... looking forward to seeing the Foundation game at Unioto this coming Tuesday evening !!! it should be a super matchup even if it's for a few quarters before lineups get mixed and matched ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... trying to put together my first weeks travel plans - only 12 days before tip-off !!!

Dec. 1 (Thursday) ... Chillicothe @ Bloom Carroll
Dec. 2 (Friday) .... Zane Trace Tip Off Classic ... Columbus Ready vs Westfall / Logan Elm vs Zane Trace
Dec. 3 (Saturday) morning 11am scrimmage Portsmouth @ Athens
Dec. 3 (Saturday) ... Zane Trace Tip Off Classic ... (1:45pm) Amanda CC vs Adena / Federal Hocking vs Sheridan
Dec. 3 (Saturday) ... Unioto @ Logan

... 11 SEO Teams in 3 days ... my kind of tip off weekend !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the 1st Full week of action ...

Dec. 5 (Monday) ... NY vs Federal Hocking
Dec. 6 (Tuesday) ... Warren @ Meigs
Dec. 7 (Wednesday) ... Logan @ Licking Heights
Dec. 9 (Friday) ........ Portsmouth Clay @ Eastern Pike
Dec. 10 (Saturday) .... ?????

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto vs Piketon on the 10th would be a good one to watch. Although, you'll already be seeing our guys a good bit up to that point. Could be a good watch on Coach Legg'a team though.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

pfloyd wrote:... the 1st Full week of action ...

Buckeye Elite Classic at Portsmouth High School on Dec. 10th

Last 3 games of the night
? Vs Huntington Prep
Portsmouth vs Waterford
Sciotoville vs Minford

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

minford17 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... the 1st Full week of action ...

Buckeye Elite Classic at Portsmouth High School on Dec. 10th

Last 3 games of the night
? Vs Huntington Prep
Portsmouth vs Waterford
Sciotoville vs Minford
See, that would be better than the game I said lol makes the choice easier.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Minford17 ... daniC some great choices ! I can drive to Beaver to see the Eastern Pike vs the Clay Panthers Friday night, continue on to P'town & stay with my Mom catch the games at PHS Saturday evening or see who else is playing throughout the day /camp out at PHS all day Saturday ... I like the plan ! thanks guys !

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

pfloyd wrote:Minford17 ... daniC some great choices ! I can drive to Beaver to see the Eastern Pike vs the Clay Panthers Friday night, continue on to P'town & stay with my Mom catch the games at PHS Saturday evening or see who else is playing throughout the day /camp out at PHS all day Saturday ... I like the plan ! thanks guys !

Will look forward to seeing you there. Hope our Falcons can surprise some people this year.

Go2thebasket
Waterboy

Post by Go2thebasket »

Portsmouth Clay scrimmaged Lynchburg Clay and Adena yesterday. I didn't see the P Clay vs L Clay but was told P Clay won by 20 pts. This was surprising especially when I was told P Clay is down 2 starters to broken bones. Their center Williams has a broken jaw but should be back within next couple weeks but their only 3 year returning starter Nate Hinze cracked his elbow on a hard landing at a scrim game at West on Monday. He will be out for at least 6 weeks. Apparently Gilliland and King really have stepped it up. Adena beat LC by 3. Adena's left handed PG was tough and was the difference of what I saw if that game. P Clay beat by 30 in the night cap. Clay was hitting their outside shots and dictated tempo. Gilliland and King for Clayd did the heavy lifting as I don't think either missed a 3 but a couple other boys for them stepped up as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Go2thebasket wrote:Portsmouth Clay scrimmaged Lynchburg Clay and Adena yesterday. I didn't see the P Clay vs L Clay but was told P Clay won by 20 pts. This was surprising especially when I was told P Clay is down 2 starters to broken bones. Their center Williams has a broken jaw but should be back within next couple weeks but their only 3 year returning starter Nate Hinze cracked his elbow on a hard landing at a scrim game at West on Monday. He will be out for at least 6 weeks. Apparently Gilliland and King really have stepped it up. Adena beat LC by 3. Adena's left handed PG was tough and was the difference of what I saw if that game. P Clay beat by 30 in the night cap. Clay was hitting their outside shots and dictated tempo. Gilliland and King for Clayd did the heavy lifting as I don't think either missed a 3 but a couple other boys for them stepped up as well.

... thanks for the rundown Go2thebasket ... Clay WILL BE/SHOULD BE good again this season as they return everyone ... I hate to hear about ANY players being out injured ... I read on another post that Athens has a couple of key players out with broken bones and/or surgeries ... Lynchburg Clay not jelling yet ... Giordano not making his presence felt yet ? Adena has a new coach, new system this season I will get a look at them at the ZT Tip Off the first weekend in December ...

Go2thebasket
Waterboy

Post by Go2thebasket »

Left out a key word 'Adena' in previous post. Clay beat Adena by 30.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

I believe Ironton will be better than 27th by years end

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Paulcrew wrote:I believe Ironton will be better than 27th by years end

I agree, especially if one of their transfers end up becoming eligible.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ty Webb wrote:VC hosted Logan Elm tonight. Obviously two very solid programs in the SE District that might meet again come tourney time. Scoring for the six quarters played as follows:

LE seemed unexperienced and lacked much of a scoring punch, nonetheless played their typical hard-nosed Stiverson defense and were fundamentally solid. They’ll get better as the season progresses.

Coach Combs and the Vikings have a very solid starting guard trio in Tristan Bartoe, Derick Jones, and Naylan Yates. Even though it’s early, these three haven’t seemed to miss a beat in the off season. VC’s unknown right now will hinge on post play. Bo McIntire is done and won’t be back for his senior year following a 2nd ACL surgery in the past nine months. 6’8” Junior Bryce Damron is a work in progress but will bear the load for the Vikes down low.
Logan Elm lost four of its five starters to graduation off of last year's team.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bman wrote:
Ty Webb wrote:VC hosted Logan Elm tonight. Obviously two very solid programs in the SE District that might meet again come tourney time. Scoring for the six quarters played as follows:

Logan Elm lost four of its five starters to graduation off of last year's team.
127 points in 6 quarters is insane, both for the offense and the defense. That doesn't sound good for LE. Excited to see VC tomorrow night.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”