Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by pfloyd »

When we talked during district action - you said you were spending Regional Week in Athens - glad you had the opportunity to see some good basketball ... I was able to see live internet video of the John Glenn games while I was laid up this past week - an excellent ball club offensively and defensively ... well coached, kids that KNOW how to play the game ... hoping they take the D2 crown ... Lynchburg Clay - great story out of the SHAC - I totally enjoyed seeing that team at both ends of the floor ... peake71 - you'll get to the state next year my friend !!! heck you might just make a few week vacation from Athens to C'bus !!! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Once the post season ends with only 4 Teams in the state left standing , I will put together my Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Preseason 2016-2017 ... it will give us something to banter back and forth over ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bball30 ... such a great job AGAIN at the Convo !!! 24 games and your excitement for each and every team, each and every player you introduced or play you called was as fresh as the first one of district play ... the Voice of High School Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line you are !!! - thank you for all you do for the kids Below the Line ... YOU make BasketBall Thirty special for everyone in Southern SouthEastern Ohio ... thank you ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Next year I will get there. I would have made it this year but company moved up inventory a week in Charleston so we are shorthanded and I have to be there to run the office thurs. and fri. as they pull people from our branch in Huntington.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Once Again... Excellent job PFloyd!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Valenth wrote:Once Again... Excellent job PFloyd!

Thank you Valenth ... I'll get the Pre-Season rankings out in a couple of weeks ... I'll let the dust settle , look over the napkin stats from this season, look at rosters - see who will be returning for the 2016-17 campaign ... looks like there will be some of the D4 teams/smaller schools "starting" the pre-season in "more favorable" slots due to 1) I got an opportunity to see them late in the season/post season 2) they have a large number of returning starters (i.e.. Portsmouth East/Portsmouth Clay etc) 3) "new" coaches from 2 seasons ago have been able to get their own program moving forward , and the new coaches from a couple of years ago have shown ME what direction they are heading/ their coaching philosophy ... some very good young coaches out there in the ranks from D2, D3, D4 that have given the Cheap Seat folks a look into their coaching/teaching skills ... I'm pumped to put my rankings down on paper/ on the computer screen to start some dialogue as to what those of you - the SEOPs Nation - are thinking for the 2016-17 version of Hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Thanks for another great season of basketball insight, pfloyd. We have some great basketball fans in SE Ohio, but you are the best and extremely dedicated.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

"dedicated" bman ? ... you know me - I love the game, the kids who play the game, the coaches who devote their lives to teaching/coaching the game, the fans from the respective schools Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... I loved the game BEFORE cancer and I love & appreciate the time I have been given to watch the game even more AFTER cancer ...

... I'm having withdrawals LOL ... now I at least get to watch - no napkin stats - March Madness ... then ???? ...

... I thank you bman for your kind words - it's because I get to meet/know folks as yourself that makes me KEEP ON traveling the SouthEast District to sit in the Cheap Seats to watch hoops every winter ... take care of yourself ! ... look for the Preseason Rankings in a couple weeks !!!

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Well Pfloyd the year is over for the locals. Thanks for the excitement you add each year to high school basketball. ITS BASEBALL TIME. TOSS OUT THE BALLS AND GET IT TEAMS.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Rodeo1 wrote:Well Pfloyd the year is over for the locals. Thanks for the excitement you add each year to high school basketball. ITS BASEBALL TIME. TOSS OUT THE BALLS AND GET IT TEAMS.
... You're right Rodeo1 , SE District's lone entry into the Big Dance at the Schott bowed out - great job by the SHAC rep Lynchburg Clay - I don't have the same passion for hs baseball - which is hard to believe as I played baseball my entire youngster/young man life ... 4 year starter in high school, played 2 years at Marietta College along with all of the summer ball in-between ...I will have to begin working on the Preseason Rankings ... those will be out in a couple of weeks ... lots of homework to do before I put those out ...

... summer hoops in June will be here soon though !!! LOL ... there is hope for me to survive the summer yet without a full hs hoops fix LOL ...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Great job as always.

Thanks for keeping paper mills in business too.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd, from an old Trojan living in the land of the eternal sun,,a huge Thank you! I so enjoyed your info, insight and passion for the game and due to this I felt like I was in the stands for many of those games! So looking forward to your pre-season rankings to see what teams might get Convo 30!
Also a big shout out to all the posters bragging about their team! Keep it up. And if anyone has a big they want to send to Portsmouth High, go for it! lol
Wipala from Arizona

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Lima has one state champ in d3. D4 and D1 lima teams also have a chance to win titles today. Maybe I have some relatives around Lima that would loan me some kids for about 5 years.

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

Come on, Van Wert is 40 minutes from Lima. That's like saying that Logan Elm is a Columbus school.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”