Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Rodeo1
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by Rodeo1 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:Dominant showing from Peebles. Rodeo1, do you have the SHAC teams records/standings?
Fayetteville is about 12-5 or so,we are13-5,Lynchburg I think is now 17-2,Eastern Brown 13-6 I think,North Adams is I think 12 - 7 with 3 losses to Peebles and split I think with Lynchburg and Eastern Brown,Fairfield is I think 9-9,. Rest of league not sure without research. Hope this helps.

Beagle12
Waterboy

Post by Beagle12 »

I believe that this includes tonight's games as well.

SHAC Boys Basketball Standings
DIVISION I
Lynchburg-Clay 11-1 16-2
Peebles 8-2 13-5
Eastern Brown 7-3 11-6
West Union 2-8 3-16
Ripley 0-9 3-15

DIVISION II
Fayetteville 8-2 11-5
North Adams 8-3 11-7
Fairfield 4-7 9-10
Manchester 3-7 5-13
Whiteoak 2-9 4-13

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Beagle12 wrote:I believe that this includes tonight's games as well.

SHAC Boys Basketball Standings
DIVISION I
Lynchburg-Clay 11-1 16-2
Peebles 8-2 13-5
Eastern Brown 7-3 11-6
West Union 2-8 3-16
Ripley 0-9 3-15

DIVISION II
Fayetteville 8-2 11-5
North Adams 8-3 11-7
Fairfield 4-7 9-10
Manchester 3-7 5-13
Whiteoak 2-9 4-13
Thanks, I hadn't seen that writeup.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington 54
Southeastern 44

Huntsmen get a win on Senior Night.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Portsmouth-Fairland on the horizon

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Portsmouth @ Fairland should be a great game Friday night !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

How big is the Fairland gym for seating ?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd not sure of numbers. The visitors side is size of Peakes visitors (close ). The home has a upper and lower bleachers.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Notre Dame over Clay at Clay 59-43
Notre Dame over St. Joe at St. Joe

They play Symmes Valley Friday night and New Boston Saturday night. Busy week for the team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The Alexander (16-4) resume looks pretty nice.

beat Warren (16-3) ... 55-47
beat Vinton County (14-4) ... 59-54
beat Meigs (14-3) ... 80-69
beat Minford (14-3) ... 60-46

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd wrote:How big is the Fairland gym for seating ?

We can save you a seat ...cost you 2 spots though :| :mrgreen:

Seriously though if you need seats let us know
Last edited by biggdowgg on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:The Alexander (16-4) resume looks pretty nice.

beat Warren (16-3) ... 55-47
beat Vinton County (14-4) ... 59-54
beat Meigs (14-3) ... 80-69
beat Minford (14-3) ... 60-46

... 93dog, I'm a BIG fan of this Spartan group - physically as strong as any team I have seen this season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... Mason Chapman is outstanding ... he only scored 9 points last night BUT MC controlled the ball in crunch time - throw in 2 big time 3 balls to get separation ... wanting the ball to get to the FT line ... might be the league MVP due to EVERYTHING this kid brings to the floor, to the AHS TEAM ... early in the season Alexander had Jake Weaver coming off the bench, at that time I said "he should be in the starting rotation - he brings that 3rd legit scorer to the lineup" he has been starting the last 2/3 of the season - he give AHS both an inside AND OUTSIDE presence ... Alexander plays solid TEAM defense, their physical strength keeps teams from getting to where they want on the floor offensively (that's defense in my book) - they do it legally ... strength wins those battles ... AND they are athletes ... 8 deep ... I still feel they need more offensive output from the PG position BUT hard to argue with only 4 losses ...

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fairfield Union loses At Bloom Carroll 49-43.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

What a great time of the year !!! so many games with meaning happening in the last couple of weeks of the regular season - league championships on the line ... non-league match-ups with sectional seeding implications - I love it ... Saturday I traveled to the Northwest Territory of the Southeast District to see Unioto vs Washington CH , Tuesday night the Pfloyd Tour visited the Reservation to take in Logan Elm entertaining Washington CH , then Wednesday night to the Alley at Alexander High School to watch TVC foes the Alexander Spartans vs Vinton County ... I wasn't disappointed at the 3 games between 5 teams ALL ranked in the Top 10 in the Southeast District ... no game outcome was more than 5 points ... the total point differential in the 3 contests combined was 11 points ... outstanding TEAMS, outstanding COACHING, outstanding players ...

... this weekend is FULL of matchups , I want to see them ALL !!! ... Portsmouth @ Fairland in the OVC ; Unioto @ Westfall in the SVC ; Logan vs Warren Local in the SEOAL ; Unioto vs Miami Trace Saturday night SVC vs SCOL ; Valley @ Waverly an SOC matchup; Chesapeake @ Ironton in the OVC Friday night; Eastern Pike vs Western Pike Friday night in the SOC ; Western Pike vs North Adams in a battle of the SOC vs SHAC ; Minford vs Oak Hill Friday night in the SOC ; Alexander @ Meigs (TVC clash) ; Waterford @ Fort Frye (rivalry game) ; Athens @ Marietta (TVC vs ECOL & both in the Logan D2 Sectional) ; Meigs @ Wahama ; Trimble @ South Gallia (TVC action) ... this is just small peek at Friday & Saturday's action with BIG GAMES, BIG NAMES ... BIG CONSEQUENCES ... Washington CH @ Miami Trace Friday night ! THAT'S a BIG one too ... Chillicothe vs Wilmington Friday night, on paper not a close game BUT last year with Wilmington destroying every team they played the Cavs gave WHS their biggest scare of the season ...

... get out and watch not just some good hoops this weekend you will be able to watch some GREAT HOOPS this weekend !!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Falcon01 wrote:Fairfield Union loses At Bloom Carroll 49-43.

... thanks Falcon01 ... hard to get a W at BC ... Fairfield Union plays BC again next week ?

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

FU score was actually 49 to 46 and FU had final shot. But you can't win when your 2 best shooters have 0 and 3 pts with NO 3 pointers!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote:FU score was actually 49 to 46 and FU had final shot. But you can't win when your 2 best shooters have 0 and 3 pts with NO 3 pointers!!!

... was this due to the Bulldog perimeter D ? or were the perimeter shots just not falling ? I could see BC saying we'll take our chances on trading BC 3's for FU 2's on the game ... how many 3's did Bloom Carroll hit ?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Smeltzy wrote:FU score was actually 49 to 46 and FU had final shot. But you can't win when your 2 best shooters have 0 and 3 pts with NO 3 pointers!!!
Oh oops. Didn't realize I wrote that wrong.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

pfloyd wrote:

... was this due to the Bulldog perimeter D ? or were the perimeter shots just not falling ? I could see BC saying we'll take our chances on trading BC 3's for FU 2's on the game ... how many 3's did Bloom Carroll hit ?

Bloom didn't hit many 3s either. Think FU had 3 and Carroll had 3 or 4.

Think FU will feel pretty good about its chances next Friday at home.

Also these two losses this week, even though against very quality opponents are definitely at a bad time with the draw Saturday. Gotta think they went from the 1 to a 4 possibly.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I don't think the loss vs St. Charles will count much against them in the draw as there isn't a team in the section who would beat St.Charles ... IF that one IS held against them - shame on the voters ... sorta like holding a loss vs Wilmington against any team they have played this year - when I look at the SCOL teams Chillicothe/Miami Trace/Washington CH each playing Wilmington 2X I don't count those games against any of these teams when ranking them vs SE District teams ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”