Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote:Perfect !!! all is right in the world (of his hoops Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line) ... thanks adenabball ...

With that assistance and a perfect weekend coming up, I think Adena should see the Elite 8 for the first time! Although, I'd obviously prefer they not win on Saturday lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

daniC - definitely some outstanding matchups this week/weekend ... NOW if Mother Nature would just leave us alone !!!!!!!!!!! - it doesn't sound good for Friday nights games BUT we will see - as the weather guys can't be correct until after the fact ...

... Adena @ Unioto Saturday night is penciled in on my hoops tour travel calendar ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw early Friday through Saturday, supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote:daniC - definitely some outstanding matchups this week/weekend ... NOW if Mother Nature would just leave us alone !!!!!!!!!!! - it doesn't sound good for Friday nights games BUT we will see - as the weather guys can't be correct until after the fact ...

... Adena @ Unioto Saturday night is penciled in on my hoops tour travel calendar ...

Hopefully we can get it in! If we do, remember, it will be a very early start due to it being an all day event AND Adena no longer having a Freshman team. I believe the JV Boys will start at 1, then JV Girls, Varsity Girls, and then Varsity Boys. I predict somewhere around 5:30 for the Varsity tip.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Raider6309 wrote:Saw early Friday through Saturday, supposed to get 4-8 inches of snow
Raider6309 - AND all of the kids doing "snow dances" for a Snow Day Friday "ain't" going to help matters :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:
pfloyd wrote:daniC - definitely some outstanding matchups this week/weekend ... NOW if Mother Nature would just leave us alone !!!!!!!!!!! - it doesn't sound good for Friday nights games BUT we will see - as the weather guys can't be correct until after the fact ...

Hopefully we can get it in! If we do, remember, it will be a very early start due to it being an all day event AND Adena no longer having a Freshman team. I believe the JV Boys will start at 1, then JV Girls, Varsity Girls, and then Varsity Boys. I predict somewhere around 5:30 for the Varsity tip.

.... thanks for the headsup on the early start time - heck I might be able to get in a 2nd game on the way home ... I'll have to see who else is playing closeby ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon at Zane Trace before you go back 180
Paint Valley at Westfall if you want to go home on 22 to 33
Groveport Madison at Chillicothe if you want to make the long 2 mile trip from Unioto to CHS

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote:Piketon at Zane Trace before you go back 180
Paint Valley at Westfall if you want to go home on 22 to 33
Groveport Madison at Chillicothe if you want to make the long 2 mile trip from Unioto to CHS
Perfect !!!! thanks daniC

CGHornet55
Freshman Team

Post by CGHornet55 »

Coal Grove actually has a 4-9 Record
W's: Gallia Academy, Ironton St. Joe, Rose Hill(KY), Rock Hill
L's: Raceland, South Point, Portsmouth, Fairland, Notre Dame, Gallia Academy, Athens, Chesapeake, Ironton

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Can you get the Purple Hippo to do the Whip/Nae Nae?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

You guys that are getting your panties in a wad need to calm down! This list is HIS opinion and takes a lot of hard work to make. In all actuality it means nothing come tournament time! So take a chill pill! lol

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

I agree, this is a list, and a very good list...High School BB is so fluid, one night you beat a really good team by whatever then the next game you
can not make a layup..
I for one do not know how you do it Pfloyd. So many teams, games and results to keep up with. This Elite 8 is so much fun to read and then the posts, everyone has their team and they should be rated higher, however one good thing about Ohio BB is when tourney starts every team has
a venue to showcase how good, or not so good they really are. Still puzzled how Court House is a SEO team though, lol.
Keep up the awesome job Pfloyd and prayers continue for you and yours...wipala, an old Trojan in Arizona

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

I agree with 93 bulldog.Trimble lose to valley was not as big as the score showed watched it on TV the game was very close late in the 4th QT.Valley pulled away at the foul line.Trimble also beat minford bye 10 I think.Plus they are 33 and 1 regular season dating back to last year and ranked 7th in D4.Should be in your 8th spot at least,but they are a small school and not one of your big boys I understand.

:roll: cats :roll:
Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

ttomcat 80 wrote:I agree with 93 bulldog.Trimble lose to valley was not as big as the score showed watched it on TV the game was very close late in the 4th QT.Valley pulled away at the foul line.Trimble also beat minford bye 10 I think.Plus they are 33 and 1 regular season dating back to last year and ranked 7th in D4.Should be in your 8th spot at least,but they are a small school and not one of your big boys I understand.
Where would you have them now that Wahama beat them?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tough loss in OT for the 'Cats ... it's not the first time a first place team has lost in that cage they call a gym across the river.

:)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth Trojans go into Ironton tonight and comes away with a 66 to 50 win over the tigers, The did not shoot well and actualy won this game in the post the game was back and forth through 3 periods when Kyree Allison takes over in the forth and taking the ball to the basket getting fouled over and over and hitting about all his free throws the Trojans shot 18 of 21 from the stripe as a team tonight,this breaks a 4 game losing streak for Portsmouth at Ironton, not sure of points per player by Ky"ree Allison had 29 .

the trojans travel to rock hill tomorrow and coal grove friday , but weather looking like tonight may be last game of the week.
Last edited by biggdowgg on Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kennyk
Riding the Bench

Post by Kennyk »

Vinton County goes to Meigs and wins 73-54. Total team effort as the Vikes played a great game. Big game Friday at Alexander!!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story ... /78967252/

Here's an article from the Chillicothe Gazette on Unioto's Cole Cottrill. The Gazette's Sports department has improved by leaps and bounds over the last two years. Thanks to Derrick Webb and Brock Netter for all of their efforts to keep local sports alive in the paper.

Another note on Cottrill, he accepted an offer from Shawnee State and will be signing with the Bears. I feel like this is the latest steal by SSU on a local kid (Wheelersburg's Derek Moore for instance).

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Big win for Vinton County last night on the road. Washington got another easy W. I'm really looking forward to the January 30th matchup between Unioto and Washington.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

danicalifornia wrote:http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story ... /78967252/

Here's an article from the Chillicothe Gazette on Unioto's Cole Cottrill. The Gazette's Sports department has improved by leaps and bounds over the last two years. Thanks to Derrick Webb and Brock Netter for all of their efforts to keep local sports alive in the paper.

Another note on Cottrill, he accepted an offer from Shawnee State and will be signing with the Bears. I feel like this is the latest steal by SSU on a local kid (Wheelersburg's Derek Moore for instance).
your are right Dani I Cole and Derek are both steals for SSU.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”