Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
bman
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by bman »

Circleville is 9-5...beat Teays Valley and Amanda last week.

Nice list. I like your inclusion of Fairfield Union in the Elite Eight. A long-time coming for the Falcons.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

93dog wrote: Does Warren's record (13-2),(0-2 TVC-Ohio) prove how tough the TVC-Ohio is this year? Especially since those loses didn't include a game vs Vinton.

Did Athens move to the TVC Hocking Division? Just Wondering. Lol

Old man
Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Its a little early in the week but old man winter may have something to say about Friday games!

Excellent job Pfloyd!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Does Warren's record (13-2),(0-2 TVC-Ohio) prove how tough the TVC-Ohio is this year? Especially since those loses didn't include a game vs Vinton?

BTW ... Trimble Tomcats should be in the 8 somewhere ... make it a 3-way tie for 8th, Floyd ... lol

... there's a 47-63 loss to Lucasville Valley that keeps me from putting them at #8 WITH Lucasville Valley 93dog ! :mrgreen:

93dog ... Morgan is 10-2 on the season !!!! they will be making their debut in the Elite 8 soon !!! :lol:

[url=http://gifsoup.com/view/4942492/pfloyd.html]Image[/url
Now wait a second ... there are 'head-to-head' losses all over the Elite 8 with teams above the opponents they have lost to. If you can't put Trimble with Valley, how can Warren be ranked ahead of Alex and (12-1) Meigs? And isn't C.H. (11-2) above a 1-loss VC team that beat C.H. straight up??? Just sayin.

:mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Taking an inside look at the Elite 8, I mean Elite 9 ... lol

No. 2 Washington Court House (11-2) ... one of its two losses to a TVC team (Vinton County 12-1).
No. 5 Warren (13-2) ... only losses of the season were to TWO TVC teams - at HOME to Meigs (12-1) and at Alexander (11-4).
Minford (11-2) ... only two losses were to TVC teams ... Alexander (11-4) and a 20-point loss to Trimble (11-1).

These teams above are beating, and have beaten, almost everyone on their schedule EXCEPT teams from the TVC? Yet, only Vinton County is mentioned anywhere in the Elite 8/9?

Could it be a little SEOAL - big school - bias coming out in the PURPLE Hippo? I guess you can take the Hippo out of Logan, but you can't take the Logan out of the Hippo?

:mrgreen:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valley lost to Minford (their first of 2 losses over the weekend) and they have the same records, yet Valley is 10 spots ahead of Minford. Something smells fishy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just giving you a hard time Pfloyd. I enjoy your rankings and I know it is difficult with so many teams and match ups. Its all in fun and in the end, there is a conference winner and then everyone else until tournament time. Then there are the last ones standing and the rest!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The problem with ranking high school teams are match-ups. What may be good for one team - may be terrible for another - and then unusual losses (or wins) occur. Case in point: Alexander with its size and physically matched up very well with Warren and they were able to pull out a victory. But the Spartans had nobody that could stay with or contain Griffin Lutz of Athens and they lost by 15 to the Bulldogs. But the length and quickness of Warren was a complete nightmare for Athens and Lutz. So how do you go about ranking these teams correctly? Or any team for that matter when these match-up problems occur all over the place with teams in SEO.

The answer? You can't.

Pfloyd's Ouija board is about the only accurate device we can go on ... Even that so called 'committee' can't accurately rank all 72 teams ... lol

H-back
Freshman Team

Post by H-back »

Trimble is 10th and Waterford is 24th? How do you figure? Waterford lost by 3 in overtime @ Trimble.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote:... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7...

1. Unioto (14-0)

2. Washington CH (11-2)

3. Vinton County (12-1)[/url]

... I need your assistance !!! as you can see the Elite 8 rankings have disappeared or have been sabotaged ... I do NOT have a backup copy of the Week #7 Elite 8 rankings ... when I put them on SEOPs I will take the DRAFT copy I have on a hardcopy , type them onto SEOPs , tweak the final rankings on screen ... apparently something occurred with the rankings this morning ... my question for posters

* Did ANYONE copy the rankings for this week???? I have retyped what I have on paper ... but I want to repost the rankings in their "final" form ... I THINK I have them BUT the Tree Hugger Wannabes from 9-25 may be off ... before I post what I have reconstructed from napkin stats/memory I thought I would take the chance that someone made a copy of the Elite 8 - you know to throw darts at, take to the shooting range for target practice etc. - ... IF you have a copy if you would PM me a copy and I will repost it ... thanks ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Perhaps the dancing hippo finally got hungry & ate the list??? Lol ..... Ive looked everywhere to recover the document, but can't find it. Sorry Floyd. :(

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

sorry floyd, hope someone copied it that is a LOT of time and work work to lose........

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

oh no, all that time and effort. Hope you get a copy!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I have tried to reconstruct the Week #7 rankings as best I can ... any LEGITIMATE corrections I will make bUT I think I'm real close to the original ranking for this past week ...

... OR it could be Round #2 of "the BEATINGS" !!!! Let the BEATINGS BEGIN - AGAIN !!!! LOL

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I for one will honor what ever you post I know all the hard work and time you put into thus is not easy.......Im sure the top 8 teams will be the same and thats all that matters...im glad the Trojans was 2 at least you can remember that :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7...

1. Unioto (14-0)

2. Washington CH (11-2) Vinton County (12-1) Fairland (10-2) Warren (13-2) Fairfield Union (10-2) Chesapeake (11-3) Lucasville Valley (11-2) / Lynchburg Clay (12-1) Trimble (11-1) Logan Elm (10-4) Alexander (11-4) Portsmouth (7-5) Peebles (10-2) Adena (11-3) Meigs (12-1) Logan (8-8) Miami Trace (8-5) Minford (11-2) Eastern Pike (10-4) Chillicothe (5-9) Circleville (8-5) Athens (6-6) Westfall (8-5) Waterford (8-2) Sheridan (8-4) South Gallia (10-2) Portsmouth Notre Dame (10-3) Portsmouth East (9-3) Portsmouth Clay (9-3) Wheelersburg (8-3) Eastern Brown (7-6) Ironton (6-7) Waverly (7-6) North Adams (9-4) Zane Trace (8-7) Wellston (7-4) Marietta (5-9) Hillsboro (6-8) South Webster (5-7) Oak Hill (8-7) Fairfield Leesburg (5-8) Western Pike (6-8) Southeastern (3-11) Greenfield McClain (3-10) Belpre (7-8) Piketon (3-12) Paint Valley (3-12) South Point (5-7) Wahama (4-4) Portsmouth West (4-8) Gallia Academy (4-8) Jackson (2-12) Miller (6-7) Nelsonville York (3-10) Symmes Valley (3-8) Coal Grove (3-9) Manchester (4-9) Crooksville (4-8) Reedsville Eastern (3-9) Southern (2-11) Federal Hocking (3-10) West Union (2-12) Whiteoak (3-9) River Valley (3-10) Northwest (1-12) New Boston (2-11) Green (3-10) St. Joseph (2-9) New Lexington (1-12) Huntington (1-14) Rock Hill (0-12)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I agree biggdowgg ... I just like to contradict to keep the discussion going ... :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Trimble on old post was #10 behind LE ... Now they are #9.

Mission accomplished! Sorry I made you type all that over just to get the 'Cats up one more spot, Floyd ... LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Trimble on old post was #10 behind LE ... Now they are #9.

Mission accomplished! Sorry I made you type all that over just to get the 'Cats up one more spot, Floyd ... LOL
I changed that one back ... at least you TOLD me about it LOL ... that mix of 9-20 is where I tweaked it on screen ... uggggghhhhhhhhh! did you recover the old ranking ?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I did not. It disappeared when the site froze - I have no idea where it is or what happened.

Sorry man.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm sure I will hear from the masses soon - it will all be back together soon ... teams I am looking at are Meigs, Adena , Miami Trace ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”