Re: eastern pike vs east

Post by Mailman »

Didn't see that coming!

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Mailman wrote:Didn't see that coming!
No I didnt either when you shoot around 25%to 30% from the floor and 40% from the line these things will happen to a young team. Akia brown has that floater in the lane down he is a fun player to watch my guess the game at eastern will be alot closer but this one was owned by the tartans.

GO EAGLES
eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Wow think I'll just stop posting eagles couldn't get anything going tonight ..
East got started early and didn't look back

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

East Defense wouldn't have had anything to do with the low shooting% for Eastern at all hun? Fouls favored Eastern as well(not usual for a home game) both teams are talented but east jusy looked a lil better from start to finish. The game at eastern for sure will be closer because eastern will make some adjustments but from watching this game east is by far the better team. Brown can score when he choses,I personally dont think he gets enough credit as one of the better players in this area. With all that being said East will be a tough out the rest of the season. I enjoyed watching the young pg for Eastern,he will be special. ....good luck the rest of the season to both teams

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

Ya I didn't see that coming either , east is a really good team , like brown 22 stated eastern couldn't buy a bucket , I think he's right we shot somewhere around 25% percent for the game and 40% from the line ,and missed the front end of several 1-1 shots at the line that really hurt , and Martin and hale getting in foul trouble early in first half really hurt eastern , with all that said I give a lot of credit to east , they just outplayed eastern tonight , and was by far the better team tonight. I think it will b a different game on a bigger court, when east comes to eastern.
Eastern has to regroup and get ready for waverly on Monday in the holiday classic.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

East gave up a bunch of easy shots trying to press easter as well....dont like their press at all. When youre not getting steals but picking up cheap fouls and giving up easy buckets its time to call off the press. I know you eagle fans love your team but betting with your heart aint smart. ..if they couldn't bottle East up on that small court how do you expect them to on a larger floor lol...last year at eastern east shouldve won that game in regulation with Scott shooting free throws(I know you all remember those last few seconds lol) plus thacker was there.. eastern isnt better without him

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Our transfer will be there next game so that will help out with scott who has great foot work to be a big man and im sure martin will hit a few 3s which we didnt hit one tonight and had open looks all night and didnt play the first half so it will be a different game im sure .ethan leist still scored tonight when he wanted so im sure next game he will have some help.

GO EAGLES
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Lol I know the transfer and Scott will dominate him down low. Gabe is a couple years away under Barrick to be in Scotts league as well as the freshman guard. Eastern has a decent team right now but if you watch the game I watched theres no indicator that told you eastern with or without your transfer could play with East. From start to finish eastern never had a chance. East will need to play a bad game for it to be under 10 points. Jmo based on what I witnessed. Ive seen alot of ball and east by far was better than eastern. ....the transfer aint making up 20 points lol if so hows leist and Martin going to score? There's only one ball...whos shots will the transfer be taking(curious)

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Im also sure East will have a better game plan as well. Hoping for a more competitive game next time

EPN
Freshman Team

Post by EPN »

I don't know how much of a difference the new boy will make , but it can't hurt to have a 6-4 post player , just for added depth , rebounds , and 5 fouls .i am looking forward to seeing him play.
East is a really good team , but east is a different team away from that small court , they won by 2 points at western , but I bet they beat western by 20 at east, jmo but I think east loses at eastern and at clay .

asb
Freshman Team

Re: eastern pikevs east

Post by asb »

Doesn't matter where you play. Eastern has beaten East in that small gym (when eastern was the better team) enough with the small court excuse, what will be said when East beats clay and Eastern at home? East just has a much deeper team(Fact)...Brown sat 2 quarters vs Clay and had 0 points in first half and they still beat clay by 14...Brown only had 6 points vs eastern in first half and East held a 20 point lead. East has the better team period. Sometimes we have to swallow our pride and give credit where its due....Eastern team this year reminds me of east Browns freshman year.East creates match up problems for Eastern, they expect a freshman to slow Brown down(thats laughable)

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Dont think we expected the freshman to stop brown he is a great player he will get his points we didnt expect the rest of the team to get that hot. We had 3 kids with little varsity experince the whole 2nd quater and got down 25 points thata s

GO EAGLES
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

asb wrote:Lol I know the transfer and Scott will dominate him down low. Gabe is a couple years away under Barrick to be in Scotts league as well as the freshman guard. Eastern has a decent team right now but if you watch the game I watched theres no indicator that told you eastern with or without your transfer could play with East. From start to finish eastern never had a chance. East will need to play a bad game for it to be under 10 points. Jmo based on what I witnessed. Ive seen alot of ball and east by far was better than eastern. ....the transfer aint making up 20 points lol if so hows leist and Martin going to score? There's only one ball...whos shots will the transfer be taking(curious)
Gabe will make us a little deeper which everybody can see we are not like EPN said thats 5 more fouls that one of our scorers dont pick up east is VERY GOOD but the eagles played horrible compared to the way they have been east is not 20 points better

GO EAGLES
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Only time will tell. East also had a starter out the whole first half....Eastern may not be as good as we are thinking. ..they barely beat a clay team that played poorly and was in foul trouble. I was told after the clay game from a clay parent that east would beat Eastern by double figures(it happen), the parent also said Clay could not have played any worse vs Eastern and after watching both teams(east and eastern) that East was better. Like I stated in a earlier comment, there was absolutely nothing that showed me eastern was as good as east on any night. Im also going to say eastern was better last year with Thacker(P.O.Y.) I DO BELIEVE EASTERN WON AT BOTH PLACES VS EAST

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

we'll just have to let the season play out both teams have several conference games before they meet up again

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

brown22 wrote:
asb wrote:Lol I know the transfer and Scott will dominate him down low. Gabe is a couple years away under Barrick to be in Scotts league as well as the freshman guard. Eastern has a decent team right now but if you watch the game I watched theres no indicator that told you eastern with or without your transfer could play with East. From start to finish eastern never had a chance. East will need to play a bad game for it to be under 10 points. Jmo based on what I witnessed. Ive seen alot of ball and east by far was better than eastern. ....the transfer aint making up 20 points lol if so hows leist and Martin going to score? There's only one ball...whos shots will the transfer be taking(curious)
Gabe will make us a little deeper which everybody can see we are not like EPN said thats 5 more fouls that one of our scorers dont pick up east is VERY GOOD but the eagles played horrible compared to the way they have been east is not 20 points better
You're right. They are only 19 points better, not 20.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.

Return to “Boys Basketball”