North Adams vs Minford Round 2

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Re: North Adams vs Minford Round 2

Post by Bfan99 »

Is Shoemaker on the hot seat? 1 win at the convo since 1995. He’s had some really nice teams and has never won a district title. How long has he been at minford?

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:48 am Is Shoemaker on the hot seat? 1 win at the convo since 1995. He’s had some really nice teams and has never won a district title. How long has he been at minford?
I cant figure out why they were staying in that 1x2x2 when they were getting torched in the middle for layup after layup. That got them beat in 3rd qrt.

Hoopsjunky0112
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsjunky0112 »

Can't give up 70 and expect to win in D3. Minford was just fine offensively.

Thought #2 for North Adams played out of his mind. Seemed in control all game and made every correct read. I'm sure he's a nice player, but I really thought he got everything out of his skillset.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:31 pm Can't give up 70 and expect to win in D3. Minford was just fine offensively.

Thought #2 for North Adams played out of his mind. Seemed in control all game and made every correct read. I'm sure he's a nice player, but I really thought he got everything out of his skillset.
That’s nothing new out of Rothwell actually. Earlier in the season when they beat district champ Farifield, he had 26 points. He is the glue guy for them in my opinion.

Hoopsjunky0112
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsjunky0112 »

BallDontLie wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:26 pm
Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:31 pm Can't give up 70 and expect to win in D3. Minford was just fine offensively.

That’s nothing new out of Rothwell actually. Earlier in the season when they beat district champ Farifield, he had 26 points. He is the glue guy for them in my opinion.
He was so fun to watch yesterday. Good for him.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:42 pm
BallDontLie wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:26 pm

He was so fun to watch yesterday. Good for him.
Rothwell played an awesome game in the semi final. He torched a bunch of teams this year. He may be the glue that holds this team steady.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Bfan99 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:48 am Is Shoemaker on the hot seat? 1 win at the convo since 1995. He’s had some really nice teams and has never won a district title. How long has he been at minford?
Rothwell was a nice player every time i seen him this season.

Im not certain if Shoemaker is in "hot water", but the Falcons do seem to not get it done, even when they are expected to for whatever reason? This years team had some obvious holes and was less talented than some other teams that stumbled at the Convo. Last years minford team was significantly better i thought.

Historically, Minford has been more accepting of this than other schools IMHO.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

The cupboard is a bit bare for Minford after this bunch graduates. Might be a good time to exit stage left

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
CuckooNest
Riding the Bench

Post by CuckooNest »

SoutheastHoopsWizard wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:26 pm

Im not certain if Shoemaker is in "hot water", but the Falcons do seem to not get it done, even when they are expected to for whatever reason? This years team had some obvious holes and was less talented than some other teams that stumbled at the Convo. Last years minford team was significantly better i thought.

Probably isn’t but should be. Talk about doing less with more. It’s Ruby and football all over again. Until the community decides we have some standards and holds the BOE accountable it’ll be the same ole Minford.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

To me, two reason why he still has the Minford job. #1- he is a minford guy. #2- he has coached these guys since they were in biddy ball and such. Once this crew leaves and if he continues to underachieve then he will be gone. Minford should of been in regionals these last 2 years.

Thebabybull
Freshman Team

Post by Thebabybull »

Rothwell probably gas one of if not the best basketball IQ in southeastern Ohio. The kid just seems to be 2 plays ahead of everyone else.

PineRider
Waterboy

Post by PineRider »

CuckooNest wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:42 am
SoutheastHoopsWizard wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:26 pm

Probably isn’t but should be. Talk about doing less with more. It’s Ruby and football all over again. Until the community decides we have some standards and holds the BOE accountable it’ll be the same ole Minford.
I agree completely. Minford has always been good with mediocre coaching. Never going out of their way to get great coaches…seems to usually always to be a Minford person.

Return to “Boys Basketball”