D-II Convo Final - New Lex vs. Warren

MVLfan
Waterboy

Re: D-II Convo Final - New Lex vs. Warren

Post by MVLfan »

South60 did a livestream of this one. Looked like it was a good game overall.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:27 am
boss8 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:49 am Amazing what happens when the officials actually call some fouls on New Lex… :)

(And they left a lot out there, Taylor was getting hacked almost every time he shot it, kudos to him for making tough shots)
Are you still crying about officiating? I thought this was a well officiated game. The only reason Warren so many free throws in OT is because New Lex opted to use up their fouls in at the end of the 4th to limit the time Warren had to set up their final play.
Just because someone makes observations or expresses opinions about officiating doesn't mean they are "crying" or even inaccurate. No question there were a fair number of non-calls in the first half against Taylor and two really key no-calls in the second half. The game would not have gone into overtime. And it's not really something that a coach can resolve or strategize much against. Especially against bigger skilled players calling a game that way disadvantages that team. I didn't candidly have a preference between these two teams, just the way I see it.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Does anyone know why the Convo chose to play country music before a district title game? Thought the pregame atmosphere was pretty subpar for a district title clash. Great win by the Big Bad Blue though.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

rmr1119 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:50 am I think what is atrocious is that there was no live stream video of this game. Don't understand how WTAP or WMOA (yes I know they are radio) couldn't setup shop and video stream this one.
I thought WMOA had a live stream. I watched a live stream of it on Facebook, via something called South 60 Films or something. They appear to cover the MVL mostly.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

bigblue52 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am Does anyone know why the Convo chose to play country music before a district title game? Thought the pregame atmosphere was pretty subpar for a district title clash. Great win by the Big Bad Blue though.
I was wondering the same thing, especially as Tennessee Whiskey was playing as the teams were coming out of the locker rooms following their halftime breaks. Strange to say the least.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bigblue52 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 am Does anyone know why the Convo chose to play country music before a district title game? Thought the pregame atmosphere was pretty subpar for a district title clash. Great win by the Big Bad Blue though.
They played a variety of Carly Rae Jepsen songs before the first game, of which I was only aware she had one, so that was a strange surprise.

The Convo used to play the exact same music for at least 15 years for every game and they went away from it this year, which was disappointing, even if it starts to grind on you after a few games.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

TrueFan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:10 pm
I was wondering the same thing, especially as Tennessee Whiskey was playing as the teams were coming out of the locker rooms following their halftime breaks. Strange to say the least.
At least I'm not the only one who thought this. Love my country music but it isn't exactly what brings energy to an environment...

Return to “Boys Basketball”