N W VS BURG

RBH23
S

Re: N W VS BURG

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:21 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:16 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:49 pm I know Ironton and Wheelersburg always goes back and forth on recruiting thing. So in reality then, Wheelersburg only scored 42 points, right. Now consider the one transfer in scored 26 out of those, that leaves only 16 points scored from homegrown talent. That's not going to get any team very far. My outlook on this game was the Mohawks took them to the house all nite!

Burg don’t grow em like they used to. Or did they ever grow their own?
Says the man whose team is playing with what, 3 Burg transfers!!!

You are a clown!!
Three Burg transfers? LOL!!

Typical attitude on this board. Burg gets one transfer, and the meltdown begins. Meanwhile, no one considers the number of kids that transfer out of Burg to these other schools.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:01 pm How many times are the same people going to type “Northwest was better but the refs screwed us!”

Wheelersburg athletics is superior in every way to Northwest. You lost one year. Let them have this one without making excuses.

Maybe Northwest got more calls because Lintz was able to drive past anyone guarding him and Wheelersburg wasn’t able to?
You clearly did not watch the game based on your comment. But glad you still have an opinion despite how uninformed it may be.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Just because you few say he’s bad and shouldn’t be reffing ,isthis not slighting Northwest win. It looks to me as if you guys are saying if this Hall of Fame wasnt reffing this game, someone with lesser credentials would favored Wheelersburg more! Lol

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Maybe you guys are watching thru orange colored glasses and things are blurry on what is actually going on in the game! You ever think that those glasses might be fogged up! My take on Swankers recruits, at least they’re still playing!
Last edited by Prime Time on Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:49 pm I know Ironton and Wheelersburg always goes back and forth on recruiting thing. So in reality then, Wheelersburg only scored 42 points, right. Now consider the one transfer in scored 26 out of those, that leaves only 16 points scored from homegrown talent. That's not going to get any team very far. My outlook on this game was the Mohawks took them to the house all nite!

You are a clown!!
You and woby are the ones who keep buying tickets to the circus when you hit that quote and reply button 😬😬😬

Don’t forget about the international transfer. That makes 4

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

RBH23 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:39 pm

You are a clown!!

Typical attitude on this board. Burg gets one transfer, and the meltdown begins. Meanwhile, no one considers the number of kids that transfer out of Burg to these other schools.
Sommer has Webster blood and ties. The other two seem to fit in just fine and we’re glad to have them. Are they still just “transfers” if they’re in their second season at the school they switched too?

Burg and minford both have benefited from SW homegrown talent over the years.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:42 pm
TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:01 pm How many times are the same people going to type “Northwest was better but the refs screwed us!”

Wheelersburg athletics is superior in every way to Northwest. You lost one year. Let them have this one without making excuses.

Maybe Northwest got more calls because Lintz was able to drive past anyone guarding him and Wheelersburg wasn’t able to?
You clearly did not watch the game based on your comment. But glad you still have an opinion despite how uninformed it may be.
Yes I am very uninformed. The informed ones are the ones saying that the better team won but probably by too much because an official who is unbiased enough to do Big Ten football games, including Ohio State vs. Michigan, has a 15 year long agenda when it comes to high school basketball against Wheelersburg because he hated an old coach who hasn’t been there in a decade.

Uninformed take: Refs call less fouls during the tournament and playoffs, allowing for more physical play, especially when it’s a non-obvious call on the outside. Northwest was the better team at playing in that environment, and played a style that saw them take the ball to the rim and forced the refs to make obvious calls. This led to a foul disparity, but it was earned.

Informed take: Poor ole Wheelersburg got screwed by the refs again because we said so.

I’m just proud of the Wheelersburg people for not whining about Northwest winning with an Ironton transfer.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

You love to see it
Attachments
IMG_0260.jpeg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:26 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:20 pm

Good ol TigerBob spewing the crap again. Not one Burg fan said the refs screwed Burg. Everyone is saying NW was able to play more physical and it affected Burg's style of play, which is taking the ball to the hole. Burg was a young team and once they started getting hammered with no calls, took them out of their game.
You are literally naming the ref who has an alleged decade plus agenda against Wheelersburg! God you are dumb.

Ok, you are right. I'll change my statement to HE ALWAYS SCREWS BURG WHEN HE REFS THEIR GAME!!!!!!!!! He was the one under the basket on the Burg offensive end and he didn't call crap all night.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I wonder if Ryan Day will ever let him ref another Ohio State football game now. Maybe you guys should send the tape of this game to the BigTen or better yet let the OHSSA know how unfair he is!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Sounds like Northwest played good defense to me!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:57 pm You love to see it
Attachments
IMG_0136.jpeg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:54 pm

Yes I am very uninformed. The informed ones are the ones saying that the better team won but probably by too much because an official who is unbiased enough to do Big Ten football games, including Ohio State vs. Michigan, has a 15 year long agenda when it comes to high school basketball against Wheelersburg because he hated an old coach who hasn’t been there in a decade.

Uninformed take: Refs call less fouls during the tournament and playoffs, allowing for more physical play, especially when it’s a non-obvious call on the outside. Northwest was the better team at playing in that environment, and played a style that saw them take the ball to the rim and forced the refs to make obvious calls. This led to a foul disparity, but it was earned.

Informed take: Poor ole Wheelersburg got screwed by the refs again because we said so.

I’m just proud of the Wheelersburg people for not whining about Northwest winning with an Ironton transfer.
You made my point for me!!

So NW taking the ball to the hole and getting the foul called was fine but Burg taking the ball to the hole, getting the crap hammered out of them with no call was fine. Like I said NW was able to play more physical on the defensive end which altered a lot of Burg shots in the paint, which is their offensive set all season. It makes a huge difference in basketball when you see the ref not making obvious foul calls so you just hammer the guy going to the bucket.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:51 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:39 pm

You are a clown!!

Sommer has Webster blood and ties. The other two seem to fit in just fine and we’re glad to have them. Are they still just “transfers” if they’re in their second season at the school they switched too?

Burg and minford both have benefited from SW homegrown talent over the years.
You must be a leftist because that probably fits your narrative. As long as he has been there two years he is no longer considered a transfer. That's funny right there!!!

Who has Burg gotten from SW that contributed in basketball???

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:01 pm I wonder if Ryan Day will ever let him ref another Ohio State football game now. Maybe you guys should send the tape of this game to the BigTen or better yet let the OHSSA know how unfair he is!
Michigan probably won't ever want him back. He is the one that spotted the ball that year JT Barrett ran for the first down on that fourth down play.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Just because you say theygot hammered and the Hall of Fame ref standing 3 feet away would intentionally not call it is ridiculous! I say change the color of your glasses!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Just because you say theygot hammered and the Hall of Fame ref standing 3 feet away would intentionally not call it is ridiculous! I say change the color of your glasses!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:10 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:01 pm I wonder if Ryan Day will ever let him ref another Ohio State football game now. Maybe you guys should send the tape of this game to the BigTen or better yet let the OHSSA know how unfair he is!
Michigan probably won't ever want him back. He is the one that spotted the ball that year JT Barrett ran for the first down on that fourth down play.
You may want to sit down, because you’re wrong again. Didn’t seem to mind in 2021.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/sta ... core/19645

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:15 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:10 pm
You may want to sit down, because you’re wrong again. Didn’t seem to mind in 2021.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/sta ... core/19645
Doesn't mean they wanted him back. He was on a crew that just happened to be assigned that game.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:54 pm

So you didn’t watch the game and are just here to stir the pot. That’s okay to admit it. You and Tri(whatever name he is using this week) have another thing in common.

Return to “Boys Basketball”