N W VS BURG

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: N W VS BURG

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:16 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:47 pm Maybe they could cover “how to pay with a credit card” in their 5 ⭐️ curriculum?
That 5-star rating is killing you, isn’t it? :)
It does make me look silly when I brag about football on southeasternohioacademics.com
Last edited by TigerBob on Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:49 pm
Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:23 pm Watching the Wheelersburg coaches complain about the officiating makes it EASY to understand why the players do the same. What a bad look for the school that was. I would RELISH the opportunity to watch the game film with that staff so they could see why they really lost the game. Unfortunately, the coaching staff and team thought it was the officials.

Northwest was really fun to watch. Hard nosed, skilled and really passionate. Was an absolute joy to watch them play for the first time.
Do other area coaches, players, and fans not complain about officiating? Only Burg?
Lots do, including Ironton’s. Probably too much. None complain as much and look as silly doing it as Prater.

Hoopsjunky0112
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsjunky0112 »

Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:23 pm Watching the Wheelersburg coaches complain about the officiating makes it EASY to understand why the players do the same. What a bad look for the school that was. I would RELISH the opportunity to watch the game film with that staff so they could see why they really lost the game. Unfortunately, the coaching staff and team thought it was the officials.

Northwest was really fun to watch. Hard nosed, skilled and really passionate. Was an absolute joy to watch them play for the first time.
Do other area coaches, players, and fans not complain about officiating? Only Burg?
No, that's a silly statement. Of course coaches, players and fans have varying degrees of interaction with officials. It was seemingly EVERY play yesterday evening for Wheelersburg. When coaches and fans do it, it trickles to your players. All of a sudden they are complaining with every call, not running back on defense, poor body language on bench/court, etc. If you believe my statement was off base, turn on the film and watch for yourself. Not acting like Wheelersburg is the only team this has ever happened to. Simply stating they probably didn't handle the adversity of the game in the best way.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:28 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:16 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:47 pm Maybe they could cover “how to pay with a credit card” in their 5 ⭐️ curriculum?
That 5-star rating is killing you, isn’t it? :)
It does make me look silly when I brag about football on southeasternohioacademics.com
You are the one that brought it up on this thread.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

Some people are born on 3rd base and think they hit a triple.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

The officiating wasn’t the best. But they were equal opportunity officials for both sides. Was it a very Physical game? If you watched, then you know.

NW has 4 seniors, who have been thru the gauntlet and can handle it. Burg has some underclassmen that didn’t handle it well.
great win for Mohawknation.
the whole area is now behind NW

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:40 pm

No, that's a silly statement. Of course coaches, players and fans have varying degrees of interaction with officials. It was seemingly EVERY play yesterday evening for Wheelersburg. When coaches and fans do it, it trickles to your players. All of a sudden they are complaining with every call, not running back on defense, poor body language on bench/court, etc. If you believe my statement was off base, turn on the film and watch for yourself. Not acting like Wheelersburg is the only team this has ever happened to. Simply stating they probably didn't handle the adversity of the game in the best way.
I saw it. Maybe they were right? The foul discrepancy was evident in the stat line. Eventually it becomes frustrating to the players and the coach.

Let me be clear northwest didn’t win because of the foul discrepancy. They won because they were the better team. I think their seniors were stronger on the point of contact and the contact calls were going against the burg.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Elijah Craig wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:22 pm The officiating wasn’t the best. But they were equal opportunity officials for both sides. Was it a very Physical game? If you watched, then you know.

NW has 4 seniors, who have been thru the gauntlet and can handle it. Burg has some underclassmen that didn’t handle it well.
I don’t agree that they were “equal opportunity officials for both sides.” The foul discrepancy was significant.

However, I do agree that NW seniors handled the game well and Burg players didn’t. And to Woby’s comment, NW was the better team and won because of that.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:07 pm
Elijah Craig wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:22 pm The officiating wasn’t the best. But they were equal opportunity officials for both sides. Was it a very Physical game? If you watched, then you know.

I don’t agree that they were “equal opportunity officials for both sides.” The foul discrepancy was significant.

However, I do agree that NW seniors handled the game well and Burg players didn’t. And to Woby’s comment, NW was the better team and won because of that.
What does foul discrepancy mean ?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:18 pm

It means one team was down and started fouling with 3 min to play.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Burg was 12-14 from the line
Northwest was 16-22.
Burg had 18 fouls
Northwest 10.
Burg was 14-50 from the field for 28.0%
Northwest was 20-49 for 40.8%.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Burg was called for almost 2x more fouls.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:25 pm

It means one team was down and started fouling with 3 min to play.
That’s not what happened.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:53 pm

Called for or committed 2x more fouls ?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:06 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:53 pm

Called for or committed 2x more fouls ?
The stats say they were called for around 2x more.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:27 pm
Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:40 pm

I saw it. Maybe they were right? The foul discrepancy was evident in the stat line. Eventually it becomes frustrating to the players and the coach.

Let me be clear northwest didn’t win because of the foul discrepancy. They won because they were the better team. I think their seniors were stronger on the point of contact and the contact calls were going against the burg.
Northwest won the game because they wanted it more and took it from the Burg.

Officiating was certainly not the best. LMAO with the tube comment. I have no issue if Prater wants to question calls. In fact, maybe a technical would have created a spark for the players?? But, Its a bad look when the players on the court and bench are doing the same. Ive never witnessed that from a Burg team.
Last edited by SoutheastHoopsWizard on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:26 pm Burg was 12-14 from the line
Northwest was 16-22.
Burg had 18 fouls
Northwest 10.

That shows Northwest was stronger during contact. I hope they continue to win BigBlueNation. I hope me defending the burg on here doesn't make me look like a sore loser or diminish the win from the mowhawks. You're one of the best posters on here. Those mowhawk boys deserve their accomplishments.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Has anyone thought that maybe all the crying and questioning every call was because heaven forbid Wheelersburg getting taken to the shed by little o Northwest. The way I see it maybe Wheelersburg was actually fouling every other play and little o Northwest should layed down for the Pirates. Wow when you say the Mohawks beat the Pirates in anything , maybe they already had a win racked up in there heads and just couldnt wrap there heads around getting trounced by the Mohawks. Good Luck going forward to the Mohawks! Yes you deserve all the credit.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Maybe next year Burg… maybe next year.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:44 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:26 pm Burg was 12-14 from the line
Northwest was 16-22.
Burg had 18 fouls
Northwest 10.

That shows Northwest was stronger during contact. I hope they continue to win BigBlueNation. I hope me defending the burg on here doesn't make me look like a sore loser or diminish the win from the mowhawks. You're one of the best posters on here. Those mowhawk boys deserve their accomplishments.
Thanks. Lintz, Jenkins and Bolin have a lot of varsity experience, that was a huge difference in this game in my opinion. Those boys has definitely took their share of butt kickings. Thanks again for your support.

Return to “Boys Basketball”