2/23 Jackson vs. Warren

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Re: 2/23 Jackson vs. Warren

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:44 pm That was some showing. I’m ok with say juggernaut. Swished first 5 3’s and 6 of first 7. Shot 61% on 3’s for the game and 60% overall.

Stadelman is just flat out a problem. Best player I’ve seen all year. A smooth 25 and is everywhere on defense. Warren to me was as physical and as gritty as Jackson, just as scrappy on rebounds and as quick to the floor….Warren was as good at Jackson things and shot wonderfully.

Warren needs to be the last D2 SE district team standing. If Stadelman is out some in foul trouble throughout and role players aren’t hitting….that could make them beatable.

Great season Jackson. Thank You Boston Campbell
Warren is very good. But too often people gain opinions based on one game. If you’d have seen the Warriors in some other games, you might say they shouldn’t attempt threes and should focus on Taylor on the inside. At other times it’s Stadelman lighting it up and the “role players” add just a few points to the cause. Point is this team is good enough to play different types and styles of games and still win. If Jackson plays a more typical game this is a 10-point game or so. Each night is its own experience; e.g. Jackson loses by 16 to VC and then cones right back and wins by 20, holding the Vikings 37 points below their average.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:38 pm
SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:28 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:44 pm That was some showing. I’m ok with say juggernaut. Swished first 5 3’s and 6 of first 7. Shot 61% on 3’s for the game and 60% overall.

Stadelman is just flat out a problem. Best player I’ve seen all year. A smooth 25 and is everywhere on defense. Warren to me was as physical and as gritty as Jackson, just as scrappy on rebounds and as quick to the floor….Warren was as good at Jackson things and shot wonderfully.

Warren needs to be the last D2 SE district team standing. If Stadelman is out some in foul trouble throughout and role players aren’t hitting….that could make them beatable.

Great season Jackson. Thank You Boston Campbell
Warren is very good. But too often people gain opinions based on one game. If you’d have seen the Warriors in some other games, you might say they shouldn’t attempt threes and should focus on Taylor on the inside. At other times it’s Stadelman lighting it up and the “role players” add just a few points to the cause. Point is this team is good enough to play different types and styles of games and still win. If Jackson plays a more typical game this is a 10-point game or so. Each night is its own experience; e.g. Jackson loses by 16 to VC and then cones right back and wins by 20, holding the Vikings 37 points below their average.
I’m aware…Warren played great. It’s one and done season, they are my pick. They are the best TEAM. I know they aren’t going to shoot 60% again. Jackson didn’t shoot well (partial credit at least to Warriors defense)…but Jackson was being physical, Jackson was prepared, Jackson was in rebounding position…Jackson gave up 72 points. Credit to Warren.

Guards win in the tournament…if Stadelman is mostly on the court and Taylor is mostly on the court, my money is on them. We had great focus on Taylor and held him down to a good number, but he didn’t have many touches, credit Jackson there. We had great defenders on Stadelman, credit to Stadelman.
I've seen Warren make zero three's for an entire game and I've seen them go off on hot streaks when they just can't be stopped. Tonight was additionally different as they got meaningful offensive production from players who don't often provide it. What a big plus that was, especially making six straight 3's to start the game. I've said before that there is significant parity in Southeast D-II -- Jackson is far better than this score would indicate. For different reasons, Warren and Marietta are nearly equally strong. Tigers won by 5 - Warriors won by 4. Very different games however. Each game has its own distinctive factors as has been said often -- foul trouble, illness or injury, strangely good or bad shooting night, style of officiating that may benefit one team or the other, etc. In my view, when Marietta and Warren are at their best, it is an absolute toss-up. And neither team is so good that another team in the district can't beat them -- remaining teams like Fairfield Union, Unioto, New Lex are all capable on a given night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

bigblue52 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:04 pm If Warren is able to get past this tough, rugged Jackson team, I am here to tell anyone willing to listen that I am guaranteeing a district and regional title for the Big Bad Blue.
District title secured. Now for the regional crown... The Big Bad Blue are comin for it all this year folks.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

bigblue52 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:26 am
bigblue52 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:04 pm If Warren is able to get past this tough, rugged Jackson team, I am here to tell anyone willing to listen that I am guaranteeing a district and regional title for the Big Bad Blue.
District title secured. Now for the regional crown... The Big Bad Blue are comin for it all this year folks.
One win away... and then the prophecy will come true... GO BIG BAD BLUE

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

bigblue52 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:57 am
Gosh darn it I was close!! If the refs hadn't decided to take that one against Maysville into their own hands I would've had it!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bigblue52 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:13 am

Gosh darn it I was close!! If the refs hadn't decided to take that one against Maysville into their own hands I would've had it!
The refs allowed Maysville to score 55 points in a half? That’s some next level officiating!

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:52 pm
bigblue52 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:13 am

The refs allowed Maysville to score 55 points in a half? That’s some next level officiating!
Something fishy was goin on that's all I know...

Return to “Boys Basketball”