POY in Soc3 predictions

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: POY in Soc3 predictions

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:21 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:01 am Lattimore is no doubt the player of the year in the SOCIII. Last night's performance proved how valuable he is to the Burg. He took over the game in the second quarter and scored Burg's first 9 points to start the quarter and Burg got out to a lead and never looked back. The last two games against Valley he scored 33 and 29 points as Valley had no answer for him.

I think he is also a candidate for District POY as well. No doubt that without him Burg struggles to win games this year. Doubt they win the SOCIII or be going to the Convo.
Didn't they already pick the district. Lattimore was 2nd team. Branson Copas was POY.
That's pretty sad if he only got second team all district. He was definitely the best player in the SOC and one of the top players in the district.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

Lattimore snubbed.........

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I’m a burg hater through and through but Lattimore should’ve won DPOY. 2nd team? Wow

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:18 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:21 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:01 am Lattimore is no doubt the player of the year in the SOCIII. Last night's performance proved how valuable he is to the Burg. He took over the game in the second quarter and scored Burg's first 9 points to start the quarter and Burg got out to a lead and never looked back. The last two games against Valley he scored 33 and 29 points as Valley had no answer for him.

I think he is also a candidate for District POY as well. No doubt that without him Burg struggles to win games this year. Doubt they win the SOCIII or be going to the Convo.
Didn't they already pick the district. Lattimore was 2nd team. Branson Copas was POY.
That's pretty sad if he only got second team all district. He was definitely the best player in the SOC and one of the top players in the district.
That was the Coaches, still have the AP.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:19 am I’m a burg hater through and through but Lattimore should’ve won DPOY. 2nd team? Wow
SOC schools are outnumbered in the district. Politics bud.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:24 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:19 am I’m a burg hater through and through but Lattimore should’ve won DPOY. 2nd team? Wow
SOC schools are outnumbered in the district. Politics bud.
Each player could have made a case but my assumption is Lattimore’s transfer maybe swayed a vote or two, which in my mind is embarrassing if true. The kids accomplishments are still his accomplishments regardless of how it went down.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Lattimore only 2nd team? Joke. How many 30 pt games did he have down the stretch for the SOC III champs and #1 overall seed?

Always has been, and always will be, politics in the postseason awards, but this is next level shenanigans.*

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

i’m not positive, but i think you all are looking at the District 14 team, not the SOC list. I believe the SOC hasn’t been released

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Elijah Craig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:34 pm i’m not positive, but i think you all are looking at the District 14 team, not the SOC list. I believe the SOC hasn’t been released

It is but it's what's out right now.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

I’m a Webster guy, but that is absolute joke Lattimore being 2nd team. But as said above it’s all politics & coaches making alliances. Or some coaches don’t vote for kids just for spite vs that school. I know this last year when SW won the district in baseball, Cox for NB voted them as like the 9-10 seed something like that. Glad basketball went to RPI….some of these coaches just can’t vote honestly without bias.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Elijah Craig wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:34 pm i’m not positive, but i think you all are looking at the District 14 team, not the SOC list. I believe the SOC hasn’t been released
Correct, All SOC III, II, & I selections are not out yet. But you'd think with Valley's Jace Copley and Minford's Myles Montgomery both being selected D3 1st Team All-District and South Webster's Eli Roberts POY in the district in D4 that it would between the three of them. :?:

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

JeepNation26 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:56 pm
Correct, All SOC III, II, & I selections are not out yet. But you'd think with Valley's Jace Copley and Minford's Myles Montgomery both being selected D3 1st Team All-District and South Webster's Eli Roberts POY in the district in D4 that it would between the three of them. :?:
kind of makes you wonder!

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Just a different group of coaches voting. But I know there were a few instances where DL & some SOC coaches had some words. Will that play into the voting??? Or did that play into the district voting?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

That would be a travesty because he outplayed three of the players, Copley, Montgomery and Berry on the first team head to head. Copley three times, Montgomery twice and Berry once. He was 6-0 against all three of them and was the best player on the floor in all 6 games.

Pathetic!!!!!

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm
That would be a travesty because he outplayed three of the players, Copley, Montgomery and Berry on the first team head to head. Copley three times, Montgomery twice and Berry once. He was 6-0 against all three of them and was the best player on the floor in all 6 games.

Pathetic!!!!!
Agreed

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Eugene2009 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:40 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:22 pm

Pathetic!!!!!
Agreed
I agree 100%, Latimore should definitely be the front runner for POY in the SOC3, and who's to say he won't be. They haven't came out with it yet. But year after year we all see it, how does a kid make 1st Team or 2nd Team All-District and not make 1st Team or 2nd Team All Conference? You would think that if a kid is 1st Team or 2nd Team All-District then he would definitely be 1st Team All-Conference automatically no questions asked... But that's not the case...

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, Lattimore should have been SOC3 Player of the year. At least a split with Copley. Crazy.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SOC awards aren’t out yet

Districts are

Lattimore is a lock for SOC3.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:00 pm SOC awards aren’t out yet

Districts are

Got to wonder though :?: , Webster's Roberts was POY in District 14 in D4, split with Burg and Minford. Be hard to argue that he's not the SOC3 POY.
:?: :?: :?:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:25 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:00 pm SOC awards aren’t out yet

Districts are

Got to wonder though :?: , Webster's Roberts was POY in District 14 in D4, split with Burg and Minford. Be hard to argue that he's not the SOC3 POY.
:?: :?: :?:
Valid point but the eye test goes to Lattimore first along with the conference chip. If ER puts together a whole season of dominating like he does when he wants too then no doubt I’m picking him over DL. The lull about 3/4 of the way through the season cost it for him. Defensively when he hustles I think he’s POY. The amount of blocks was off the charts this season. 9 against West lol

I think next season he’ll lock it in

Return to “Boys Basketball”