Collins out @ Rock Hill

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Re: Collins out @ Rock Hill

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

OVC wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:10 pm
Jumper45 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:57 pm
OVC wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:10 pm

Didn’t see the “just kidding of course” part, did ya? Also, we are okay without Fitch. He all but ran Ironton basketball into the ground.
You gotta be kidding me. He did a good job when at Ironton. LaFon and Pendleton ran him off because he didnt bow to the football program. Thats why Coach Barnes has the job. No one would apply because of what they did to Fitch. Get your facts straight
I will retract my statement on Fitch… Ironton was over .500 during those years. However, I will remain with my sentiment about Barnes being a good coach, and if bowing to the football program means getting the best athletes out to make your program better, let it be.
Gordy has not had much to work with in his time at Rock Hill. I will say PJ Fitch has been one of the top coaches in our area for sometime. His teams always play extremely hard, are solid defensively, and are just well coached. I'm pretty certain I watched a Fitch coached Ironton team in the District Finals against Zane Trace a few years back? I believe they upset Eastern Brown with Coach Beucler to get there? And maybe Oak Hill (Persin) or Burg (Ater) in the Sectionals?

Im not sure of Fitch's overall coaching accomplishments, but doubt Rock Hill would have any applicants that would exceed what he has done over the years. I dont know much about Barnes other than watching Ironton verse North Adams last night. I was not that impressed but it was one game.

Good luck to Rock Hill in your search.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

So did Fitch apply and round up some folks to post on SEOPS? Or is this just all speculation?

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Mission15 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:21 pm So did Fitch apply and round up some folks to post on SEOPS? Or is this just all speculation?
No clue, but I doubt he would would apply at Rock Hill. I typically follow SOC/SVC more than the OVC. I only commented when I seen "OVC's" post regarding Fitch, which he retracted. No ties to Fitch. I did have a relative that played for him years back.

I believe he is a principal and helps Hoops at Unioto now. His kid is an outstanding young guard for them.

Sciotodowns
Waterboy

Post by Sciotodowns »

SoutheastHoopsWizard wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:53 am
You gotta be kidding me. He did a good job when at Ironton. LaFon and Pendleton ran him off because he didnt bow to the football program. Thats why Coach Barnes has the job. No one would apply because of what they did to Fitch. Get your facts straight
I will retract my statement on Fitch… Ironton was over .500 during those years. However, I will remain with my sentiment about Barnes being a good coach, and if bowing to the football program means getting the best athletes out to make your program better, let it be.
Gordy has not had much to work with in his time at Rock Hill. I will say PJ Fitch has been one of the top coaches in our area for sometime. His teams always play extremely hard, are solid defensively, and are just well coached. I'm pretty certain I watched a Fitch coached Ironton team in the District Finals against Zane Trace a few years back? I believe they upset Eastern Brown with Coach Beucler to get there? And maybe Oak Hill (Persin) or Burg (Ater) in the Sectionals?

Im not sure of Fitch's overall coaching accomplishments, but doubt Rock Hill would have any applicants that would exceed what he has done over the years. I dont know much about Barnes other than watching Ironton verse North Adams last night. I was not that impressed but it was one game.

“Gordy has not had much to work with” HUH?
Last year and the year before that they were quick, had size, athleticism etc.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I would doubt that Fitch will be a head coach for at least another couple of years until his son graduates. He’s a principal and an assistant coach at Unioto right now. I’m sure he’s wanting to get back into it, but he seems to be in a good place right now.

In my talks with him, I know he loves it, so it wouldn’t surprise me to see him in charge on the sidelines again in the future. I’m just not sure it would be while Blake is in school.

sportsfan33
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan33 »

SoutheastHoopsWizard wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:53 am

The Ironton Rock Hill game to start the tournament was one of the worst coached games i have ever watched.Down the stretch Collin’s made zero adjustments to fix the tempo and refused to call any timeouts.Barnes consistently let Schreck shoot him out of games.Terry was the best athlete on the floor in just about every game they played.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

You do know that DADDY SCHREK is sitting on the end of the bench.. ? Also, watch a game played, his son looks at him for coaching more so than the actual head coach.

Return to “Boys Basketball”