Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Re: Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

Post by Larry Fine »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 pm You need to watch them play- its not just this loss- but how it happened---we had no fight in us- watch the body language during the game. We made no adjustments. Combs is now gone- so lets look at adding a few GOOD teams to the TVC--(if they will have us) like a Jackson, Warren and Logan and Gallipolis.
First time watching either team play , Jackson was a much better team, was vc supposed to win ?

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 pm Combs is now gone- so lets look at adding a few GOOD teams to the TVC--(if they will have us) like a Jackson, Warren and Logan and Gallipolis.
That ship has sailed. Why would any of those schools even want to join the TVC at this point, especially after all being rejected? Best you're going to do is Oak Hill. I doubt a program like Warren would want to load their schedule with River Valley x2, Wellston x2, Alexander x2, N-Y x2, Athens x2. Every game would be a 40+ point beatdown.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:01 pm

So 17-6 and TVC champions is now a bad season. Ok 🙄
Depends on what you goals are. If that is your goal - league champs then congrats on your great season.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

pioneer19 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:12 pm
vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 pm Combs is now gone- so lets look at adding a few GOOD teams to the TVC--(if they will have us) like a Jackson, Warren and Logan and Gallipolis.
That ship has sailed. Why would any of those schools even want to join the TVC at this point, especially after all being rejected? Best you're going to do is Oak Hill. I doubt a program like Warren would want to load their schedule with River Valley x2, Wellston x2, Alexander x2, N-Y x2, Athens x2. Every game would be a 40+ point beatdown.
Jackson is very happy in the FAC.

justpassinthru
Riding the Bench

Post by justpassinthru »

bc181700 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:42 pm

Unfortunately for those kids, they could not find the bottom of the net last night, and give some credit to a Jackson squad that played as hard as I've witnessed a Jackson team play in a significant number of years.

Those VC kids had one heck of a great run, and that's not coming from a VC fan. I think on a given night, they could play with anyone in the district.
You have to be able to win on nights when the ball doesnt go thru the hoop. If you rely totally on outscoring your opponents then these early exits await you. The old saying still holds water "defense travels". How can you win on nights your not scoring like you normally do, what changes does the staff make to help team out?

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

justpassinthru wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:20 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:01 pm

So 17-6 and TVC champions is now a bad season. Ok 🙄
Depends on what you goals are. If that is your goal - league champs then congrats on your great season.
Maybe the goal was to win a sectional championship but lost to a better team.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Congrats to Jackson on a great game plan and execution. Home court advantage ruled in this season series between the two rival schools. Good luck against Warren.

As for the Vikings, VC lost 6 games this season to teams that combined to win 94 games. The margin of loss was 7.8 ppg. (Even with the 20 point debacle last night to Jackson)

The fact is, VC loaded their non conference schedule with great teams from SEO and we’re about 2.5 buckets a game worse than their opponents. Some seem to think the world is ending but it’s not. VC has been a premiere program in seo since 2003 and if they don’t win every game, some people jump on them like stink on sh*t. Enjoy bashing the Vikings for winning another conference title. The cupboard isn’t bare. It hasn’t been for 20 years. VC played nearly every seo power this year minus a few. The non conference schedule they faced was better than any other non conference schedule south of 70 and east of 23. Bash away if you must. It’s great to be envied.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

11 points at the half , now that is pure Ironmen heart.

VCTailgater
Waterboy

Post by VCTailgater »

Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:57 pm Congrats to Jackson on a great game plan and execution. Home court advantage ruled in this season series between the two rival schools. Good luck against Warren.

As for the Vikings, VC lost 6 games this season to teams that combined to win 94 games. The margin of loss was 7.8 ppg. (Even with the 20 point debacle last night to Jackson)

The fact is, VC loaded their non conference schedule with great teams from SEO and we’re about 2.5 buckets a game worse than their opponents. Some seem to think the world is ending but it’s not. VC has been a premiere program in seo since 2003 and if they don’t win every game, some people jump on them like stink on sh*t. Enjoy bashing the Vikings for winning another conference title. The cupboard isn’t bare. It hasn’t been for 20 years. VC played nearly every seo power this year minus a few. The non conference schedule they faced was better than any other non conference schedule south of 70 and east of 23. Bash away if you must. It’s great to be envied.
Dundas wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:57 pm Congrats to Jackson on a great game plan and execution. Home court advantage ruled in this season series between the two rival schools. Good luck against Warren.

Great Take Dundas on a great season by an awesome group of young athletes that represent VC in a very respectful and classy way! This was was not their night and Jackson was very prepared and executed their game plan. There are a lot of completely idiotic statements people make that have to be overlooked! These young men did not devote the last five months working and preparing to lose a game! It happens in every sport at every level!
Great season VC! What a tremendous senior class of athletes! Great job in representing VC! Good luck in all you future endeavors!

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

I’m not sure VC could load up the non-conference schedule any more than they did. Maybe if Wheelersburg or Minford had openings, but you don’t generally have a ton of wiggle room from year to year. But they are going to need to continue to seek out those games, because the TVC is putrid right now and I don’t see many quick fixes. It’s not VCs fault the rest of the league is down, but it sure doesn’t help them prep for the postseason.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Would like to see VC and Fairland meet up in regular season. Two good programs would be solid competition for both.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I agree- they can't help the league was very weak this year- any we did play a few tough non-league teams---but who did we beat?????? Thats my point---Thats why we were a 10th seed with a 17-5 record. We were not prepared to play Jackson again-- that's on the coach... he took for granted from the previous win--no adjustments the whole game??????? WOW---We need more/better teams in the league--but why would they want to come???

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

VC! VIKING NATION! Please let Warrena dn Jackson into the TVC!

A beer for every affirmative vote!

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:58 am I agree- they can't help the league was very weak this year- any we did play a few tough non-league teams---but who did we beat?????? Thats my point---Thats why we were a 10th seed with a 17-5 record. We were not prepared to play Jackson again-- that's on the coach... he took for granted from the previous win--no adjustments the whole game??????? WOW---We need more/better teams in the league--but why would they want to come???
So playing power teams in the non conference and losing by an average of 7 points isn’t preparing us for the tournament but if we had tougher conference games then that would magically change things. Got it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:08 am PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

I’d vote for it.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Yes, yes, yes everyone envies VC. Especially the ones still in the tournament. But Jackson and Warren are extra especially envious. But who wouldn’t be after being three peat TVC Champions? So even after losing VC is better than you so get over yourselves.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:10 am
Kenny Bixx wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:08 am PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

I’d vote for it.
Unfortunately you don’t get a vote. Well, I guess it’s fortunate because VC wouldn’t be three peaters if they got in.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I am not saying we didn't play anyone this year- but who did we beat????? We beat Jackson at home- then lose 10 days later by 20? What did we learn?? We have a bunch of seniors that are now gone-- I am not upset with the boys-- I just feel we got out coached more than a few times this year....That what I am trying to say :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:51 pm I am not saying we didn't play anyone this year- but who did we beat????? We beat Jackson at home- then lose 10 days later by 20? What did we learn?? We have a bunch of seniors that are now gone-- I am not upset with the boys-- I just feel we got out coached more than a few times this year....That what I am trying to say :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And all you’ve ever said on here. You’ve never made any other point other than you think VC has had bad coaches for the past 25 years.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:56 pm
vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:51 pm I am not saying we didn't play anyone this year- but who did we beat????? We beat Jackson at home- then lose 10 days later by 20? What did we learn?? We have a bunch of seniors that are now gone-- I am not upset with the boys-- I just feel we got out coached more than a few times this year....That what I am trying to say :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
And all you’ve ever said on here. You’ve never made any other point other than you think VC has had bad coaches for the past 25 years.
Averaging over 16 wins a season for the last 24 years just isn’t good enough for some people.

Return to “Boys Basketball”