2/13 scores

84Dragon
JV Team

Re: 2/13 scores

Post by 84Dragon »

FAIRLAND 75
Portsmouth 47

Portsmouth , imo , is the biggest head scratcher team of the year .

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:58 pm Ironton over South Point 59-47 in a game that wasn’t that close. Was around 18-20 most of the 2nd half. Ironton got them down early and South Point quit.
Ironton is scary being a 11 seed

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County-47
Meigs-37

Final

VC clinches the TVC Ohio for a 3rd straight season.

16-5 overall with Wellston left to go on Friday.

@vcgrad will be disappointed in this season, but the rest of VC is proud of 16 and possibly 17 wins. That’s above our average for those that don’t know.

Jeeps_06
Waterboy

Post by Jeeps_06 »

allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:46 pm Can someone explain Notre dame and south Webster tonight? Didn't have that result on my bingo card..
I am a Webster fan and tonight was just absolutely sickening to watch, ball on the floor and 3 jeeps stand there and look at it Roberts needs to quit the crybaby attitude anytime something doesn't go his way it's the same attitude that got him sent home at this time last year Eli is 6'7 and letting guys between 6'0 and 6'3 make easy layups when he could have had at least 4-6 blocks he let the last game at west get to his head and the whole team is letting this number 1 seed get to their heads I was afraid this would happen

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Eastern over Northwest tonight. Eastern made shots and played hard. Northwest had a chance to win the league tonight, but got out played. Eastern came to play and it really showed.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Marietta had to rely heavily on Alex Kendall on both ends of the court tonight — 34 points. Not sure of other stats but guarded Westland’s best player in the 4th quarter which proved to be critical down the stretch. Marietta 60-55. Final. Regular season concludes at 20-2. For a team that lost 5 of its top 9 players from last season… tremendous but surprising.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Jeeps_06 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:51 pm
allOhiotraveler wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:46 pm Can someone explain Notre dame and south Webster tonight? Didn't have that result on my bingo card..
I am a Webster fan and tonight was just absolutely sickening to watch, ball on the floor and 3 jeeps stand there and look at it Roberts needs to quit the crybaby attitude anytime something doesn't go his way it's the same attitude that got him sent home at this time last year Eli is 6'7 and letting guys between 6'0 and 6'3 make easy layups when he could have had at least 4-6 blocks he let the last game at west get to his head and the whole team is letting this number 1 seed get to their heads I was afraid this would happen
Spot on. I’d really thought at the beginning of the year he’d turned a new leaf over but about 8 games into the season idk what’s went wrong. Maybe the Jeeps need to go back and watch some film from way back in the beginning of December to see how to play basketball again. Or watch the last 45 seconds of tonight when they went from 30% to 110%. Maybe work on some free throws too. Roberts is the only one that can shoot them for some reason. I can already see the writing on the wall for the tournament. Out hustled and everyone in D4 knows SW can’t handle getting bullied and everyone knows you’ve got about ten seconds to play 5 vs 4 while the other kid takes his sweet ass time getting back

I know a lot of you on here would be thrilled with a 17-3 season (so far) but the regression that’s been going on with this team since about the Alexander classic has been very noticeable to those of us who’ve watched every game.

That’s all I’ve got to say about it.
Congratulations to Notre Dame. They executed their plan and shot the ball too good. Didn’t get a count on three’s but I’m gonna say 14 or 15 for ND and I think Webster hit 9 or 10

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Gotta give Notre Dame some credit here. Webster made a run to get it to 1 pt game with about 5 minutes left. Mader calls timeout and one of their sophomores drains a 3 that same possession to start a 8-2 run. Notre Dame went into Webster and expected to win that game.

Barbarits and Bradford are one of the most underrated backcourts in southeastern Ohio. Add in Metzler in the front-court, along with a solid coaching staff (Mader along with former head coach Travis Bradford do a great job), and that’s a hell of a D4 team.

As for Webster, they back at it Friday night against a Valley team that is playing really good basketball right now. They better forget about this one quick and be ready to go. To Webster’s credit they have played a tough schedule, so I wouldn’t freak out over a loss like this. They just can’t let it snowball into something bigger right before tournament.*

E High
All State

Post by E High »

84Dragon wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:19 pm FAIRLAND 75
Portsmouth 47

Portsmouth , imo , is the biggest head scratcher team of the year .
. Unfortunately times have changed. Great program and maybe they’ll be great again, but right now. Good luck 👍

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good win for ND

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I will be disappointed if we don't win the sectional. Winning our league is not a statement of a Great Program--- with our record we are a 10th seed?? That shows you how weak our league is........

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:53 am I will be disappointed if we don't win the sectional. Winning our league is not a statement of a Great Program--- with our record we are a 10th seed?? That shows you how weak our league is........
You will be disappointed if you don't beat Warren? Isn't that your sectional final if you get by Jackson?

Billy T Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Billy T Kid »

He’s a kid, he’s gonna have off nights and yeah he’s gonna get an attitude at times.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

We’re three years into this. How often does any other basketball player come up on seops about this? Never.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Billy T Kid wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:31 am
He’s a kid, he’s gonna have off nights and yeah he’s gonna get an attitude at times.
Yeah but “Storman Norman is coming in and he’s gonna put a stop to that…” Don’t you remember that? Then I said that Norm came there to win, so he’s not going to address that at all. That’s what those old guys do. Their “old school discipline” is not for the “stars.” It’s for the average and role players. Only difference from the last coach is, Norm won’t send him home. Same thing goes on with Howie. They’re no dummies. They know they can’t win without those guys and they’re too close to the end for making statements by disciplining those types of guys and risk losing them. Just reality. Get used to it.

RJ71C71R
Waterboy

Post by RJ71C71R »

BallDontLie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:20 pm
TigerBob wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:58 pm Ironton over South Point 59-47 in a game that wasn’t that close. Was around 18-20 most of the 2nd half. Ironton got them down early and South Point quit.
What's crazy is I think Ironton has 3 wins since the rankings came out. As they heat Gallipolis and then South Point twice who is very good!! An 11 seed seems way too low in my opinion

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Yes- we need to beat Warrren

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

vcgrad wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:00 am Yes- we need to beat Warrren
I think you could — but really hard. Good luck if that game comes to pass. You guys have some excellent pieces and are well coached in my opinion.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

RJ71C71R wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:56 am
BallDontLie wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:20 pm
What's crazy is I think Ironton has 3 wins since the rankings came out. As they heat Gallipolis and then South Point twice who is very good!! An 11 seed seems way too low in my opinion

That whole bottom half of the D3 bracket is going to be a dog fight. Minford, Fairland, North Adams, Chesapeake, Ironton….only one of those quality teams will be a district champ this year!

Return to “Boys Basketball”