@ North Adams (Seaman, OH)
Game Details: Reschedule of previous canceled game

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Re: SOC3 Race

Post by Elijah Craig »

Looks like it’s a three team race to the pole.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Elijah Craig wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:42 am Looks like it’s a three team race to the pole.
Could possibly be a three way tie if SW>Minford and Minford>Burg 🚨. Either way the SOC3 is looking good for two 1 seeds and a 2 in the tournament

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:20 am
Elijah Craig wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:42 am Looks like it’s a three team race to the pole.
Could possibly be a three way tie if SW>Minford and Minford>Burg 🚨. Either way the SOC3 is looking good for two 1 seeds and a 2 in the tournament
No doubt about it swank. There is some really good basketball being played in our area. Looks like all I need is a box of popcorn and a soda

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

West will knock of one of the top 3…just hope it ain’t SW!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Nah they’ll get Burg and minford both. Jeeps by a gazillion next time. No participation trophies for only losing by 5.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Well what does everyone think about the next three weeks? Burgs up one game. Minford and SW tied for 2nd

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Your still in because Minfords best player, missed 2 foul shots ,that would have gave Minford the win.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

callie11 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:48 am Your still in because Minfords best player, missed 2 foul shots ,that would have gave Minford the win.
So you’re saying their best player choked? Didn’t realize an entire game came down to 2 free throws especially when minford blew early double digit lead. Sounds like much more to it than 2 free throws and should probably give SW much more credit for the W.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

callie11 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:48 am Your still in because Minfords best player, missed 2 foul shots ,that would have gave Minford the win.
Is that why they lost to Wheelersburg by two as well?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I’d say it’s because Minford blew a 9 point lead going into the 4th, got out scored 21-12 in the 4th and then choked in over time. Also the kid throwing an elbow was probably a help too, but certain moderators around here think free throws are gifts.

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

Also helps getting a phantom “elbow” called for a technical or flagrant whatever they said it was. Huge 4 point swing in the last minute when the jeeps were down 6. Gotta make foul shots but being spotted 2 and the ball is a huge break.

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:45 am I’d say it’s because Minford blew a 9 point lead going into the 4th, got out scored 21-12 in the 4th and then choked in over time. Also the kid throwing an elbow was probably a help too, but certain moderators around here think free throws are gifts.
There was no elbow..

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Do I need to the game film for evidence or we really going to act like it didn’t happen

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:47 pm Do I need to the game film for evidence or we really going to act like it didn’t happen
No need I’ve watched the clip quite a few times. Elbow never touched the defender. Especially from the angle of the livestream you can see the play pretty clearly. If anything it’s only a common foul because that’s a judgement call if no contact is made based on the rule. But Still have to make free throws to close out that game.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

If I ever whine about officials, remind me that I’m a huge loser and should log off.

SOC_Fan08
Waterboy

Post by SOC_Fan08 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:21 pm If I ever whine about officials, remind me that I’m a huge loser and should log off.
Lol do you feel better now calling someone you have never met a huge loser? I’m sure you’re a very mature adult.

I wouldn’t call being objective about a bad call whining just pointing out how it was a bad call and there were a lot of bad calls for both teams.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

SOC_Fan08 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:47 pm Do I need to the game film for evidence or we really going to act like it didn’t happen
No need I’ve watched the clip quite a few times. Elbow never touched the defender. Especially from the angle of the livestream you can see the play pretty clearly. If anything it’s only a common foul because that’s a judgement call if no contact is made based on the rule. But Still have to make free throws to close out that game.
Post the clip then.

Any excuses on here for minford losing is just that. They blew a big lead multiple times and couldn’t close it out or capitalize on Webster shooting absolutely horrible in the first half (think it was 7/28) as well as minford having a 10+ advantage in the rebounds and shooting 71% for the game from two.

The good news is I think this L is probably going to fire minford up for the war path and they’ll run through burg and the rest of the schedule pretty handily. Burg fans on upset alert 🚨

SOCFalconFan
Waterboy

Post by SOCFalconFan »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:06 pm
SOC_Fan08 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm
Post the clip then.

Any excuses on here for minford losing is just that. They blew a big lead multiple times and couldn’t close it out or capitalize on Webster shooting absolutely horrible in the first half (think it was 7/28) as well as minford having a 10+ advantage in the rebounds and shooting 71% for the game from two.

The good news is I think this L is probably going to fire minford up for the war path and they’ll run through burg and the rest of the schedule pretty handily. Burg fans on upset alert 🚨
The horrible elbow call was huge. Minford should have been going to the line with a chance to go up eight with about a minute and a half left and instead ended up being up 2 after the free throws and the basket in the resulting possession. Anyone who sees the video will agree it was a bad call.

However, the main reason Minford lost was because they failed to hit their free throws late, had some stupid self-made turnovers when they were up, and stopped executing their offense and went to hero ball. Another huge factor was that Sommer (who was the best player on the court for either team last night) stepped up and Roberts decided to play hard in the fourth quarter and in overtime.

The refs were pretty bad overall and Webster got screwed on some calls as well so it all comes out in the wash. You got to hit your free throws and make plays when it’s crunch time. Webster did that last night and Minford did not.

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

Doesn't matter what sport anymore.. the officiating in SOC games is just terrible. There has to be some accountability to the officials for being awful.

Return to “Boys Basketball”