SW JEEPS and tournament time

The3LeggedMan
Waterboy

Re: SW JEEPS and tournament time

Post by The3LeggedMan »

Is Fenton rehabbed now or is he still hitting the ol water hole? Isn't that what got him in trouble before?

Why are people hammering the poor JH coach?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The3LeggedMan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:11 pm Is Fenton rehabbed now or is he still hitting the ol water hole? Isn't that what got him in trouble before?

The Fenton talk on here is laughable. Dude steps in last-minute for Norm against two D3 state-ranked teams, and people somehow putting those losses solely on coaching? After watching Burg/Minford last night, could it possibly be that those two teams are just better than Webster? I’d definitely take both of their backcourts over Webster.

It’s pretty obvious though there’s a few new posters from Webster on here with an agenda. Only thing that makes sense is that it somebody angling for the job next year if Norm doesn’t return. Sad they gotta resort to trashing Fenton just to prop their guy up.

Webster could easily lose 4 games to Minford and Burg, and still get to State in D4. But certain people on here will still be focusing on coaching instead of just chalking these up as losses to great D3 teams. Makes no sense.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:18 am
The3LeggedMan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:11 pm Is Fenton rehabbed now or is he still hitting the ol water hole? Isn't that what got him in trouble before?

The Fenton talk on here is laughable. Dude steps in last-minute for Norm against two D3 state-ranked teams, and people somehow putting those losses solely on coaching? After watching Burg/Minford last night, could it possibly be that those two teams are just better than Webster? I’d definitely take both of their backcourts over Webster.

It’s pretty obvious though there’s a few new posters from Webster on here with an agenda. Only thing that makes sense is that it somebody angling for the job next year if Norm doesn’t return. Sad they gotta resort to trashing Fenton just to prop their guy up.

Webster could easily lose 4 games to Minford and Burg, and still get to State in D4. But certain people on here will still be focusing on coaching instead of just chalking these up as losses to great D3 teams. Makes no sense.*
They should’ve fired Coach K after Burg beat the brakes off em in 06

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:21 am

They should’ve fired Coach K after Burg beat the brakes off em in 06
Swanker: no doubt! :lol: :lol:

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

^^^ 100% 🎯

Definitely ppl with a agenda or just straight dumdums.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BURG and minford are good, not great. Jeeps will be fine in their division for a bit. Not a final 4 team but I still wish them well going forward. Still some weeks ahead before tournament time. A lot can change, good or bad.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
The3LeggedMan
Waterboy

Post by The3LeggedMan »

I'm from Valley. Not interested in coaching at your weird family run drama filled district. I just don't like Norman or his little boy Markus from their brief unsuccessful time out here. Just enjoy watching you guys get all worked up over them. I genuinely wanted to know how your boy was doing. I personally have drank a few with him and feel bad the weirdos out there turned on one of their own. As for the JH coach, he was pretty bad as a ref but seems to be all in trying to coach out there. It seems like really a shame the lifers out there can't appreciate that. Again just a bystander watching your soap opera

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

If I were a Jeep coach, fan, parent, etc, I’d just enjoy the ride this year, and quit angling for next year. It wasnt that long ago that kids had sports taken away from them by COVID protocols.

There is no way that Mark or anyone with real power in SW is reading this thread and having it impact a hypothetical decision about coaching.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Can someone show me where it’s the Webster people raising a fuss in this thread? Ain’t nobody in town bothered. Ain’t nobody worried about making it to the convo. Ain’t nobody worried about Norm next year or whatever other dumb stuff been speculated in here.

Lovehoops2
Waterboy

Post by Lovehoops2 »

Let’s be honest we all know Fenton is on here defending him self. but it’s not all his fault for the loses now I do think if norm was coaching those two games then the outcome would of been different but we can’t live in the past it’s over with will see the difference when norm is coaching on Friday. Regarding the jh coach he is a hell of a coach and he is a great offical but I think he would be ready for the varsity job after the norm persin times at southwebster.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

Lovehoops2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:18 am Let’s be honest we all know Fenton is on here defending him self. but it’s not all his fault for the loses now I do think if norm was coaching those two games then the outcome would of been different but we can’t live in the past it’s over with will see the difference when norm is coaching on Friday. Regarding the jh coach he is a hell of a coach and he is a great offical but I think he would be ready for the varsity job after the norm persin times at southwebster.
Now this has to be Sheets! Lol… “He is a hell of a coach” said no one ever! Lol. He couldn’t win vs the decent teams when he had the sophomore class that was beating everyone including burg until he took over them. I watched him coach vs Burg the other day on the stream & he flat out quit coaching….sat at the end of the bench away from his team not saying a word. What kind of even half way decent coach quits on their team when things get tough?? Great example! He’s made good teams with talent worse….he never even played basketball in gym class…& was ran off the high school staff by Norm. Kreischer & Roberts would never let that happen….give me a break & don’t be so obvious!!

Bballlover1
Waterboy

Post by Bballlover1 »

Spalding22 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:26 pm
JeepNation26 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:21 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:09 pm
Good take.
Whitey has played significantly better the past two games though I’ll give him that.
I think Shupe needs to take a big ole drink and get some confidence back. Used to be a legit threat for 15-20 a game. Still the best defender on the squad

Also who exactly is going to knock the Jeeps out of the tournament early? Fairfield is going to be on the opposite side of the bracket. There ain’t no other d4 team in SEO even remotely close to being a threat except maybe Western if Haggy goes for 40.

This whole thread is nonsense
What kind of coach would let one decent player know knock them out of the tournament? Haggy is good. He’s a 1 man band though. You can’t be real. Your bias is nonsense.
Western is not a 1 man team. Look at the stats…Max Preps has them all. They are well coached and Williams will have them ready.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Bballlover1 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:01 pm
What kind of coach would let one decent player know knock them out of the tournament? Haggy is good. He’s a 1 man band though. You can’t be real. Your bias is nonsense.
Western is not a 1 man team. Look at the stats…Max Preps has them all. They are well coached and Williams will have them ready.
He just likes to argue in circles. Obviously everyone else knew what I meant. If Haggy goes for 40, Janes is right there with 25.

Bballlover1
Waterboy

Post by Bballlover1 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:05 am

He just likes to argue in circles. Obviously everyone else knew what I meant. If Haggy goes for 40, Janes is right there with 25.
I like the Jeeps and I think Tyler is a heck of a player too. Both juniors for Western avg 20 per game. I saw where Janes leads in several categories. Great backcourt duo… just need help but getting better. Same for Minford … always been talk of Montgomery but Kaiser is sweet. Tourneys should be fun

Chuck Sheetz
Waterboy

Post by Chuck Sheetz »

Eugene2009 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:01 pm
Lovehoops2 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:18 am Let’s be honest we all know Fenton is on here defending him self. but it’s not all his fault for the loses now I do think if norm was coaching those two games then the outcome would of been different but we can’t live in the past it’s over with will see the difference when norm is coaching on Friday. Regarding the jh coach he is a hell of a coach and he is a great offical but I think he would be ready for the varsity job after the norm persin times at southwebster.
Now this has to be Sheets! Lol… “He is a hell of a coach” said no one ever! Lol. He couldn’t win vs the decent teams when he had the sophomore class that was beating everyone including burg until he took over them. I watched him coach vs Burg the other day on the stream & he flat out quit coaching….sat at the end of the bench away from his team not saying a word. What kind of even half way decent coach quits on their team when things get tough?? Great example! He’s made good teams with talent worse….he never even played basketball in gym class…& was ran off the high school staff by Norm. Kreischer & Roberts would never let that happen….give me a break & don’t be so obvious!!
Not a chance. The only good coaches I know are Howie Caldwell and Buzz Kirkpatrick. If Norm is wearing doiwn you guys should make a play for Howie. I hear he is about out of talent at Trimble.

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Post by HatTrick »

I think the jeeps should consider a coach who didn't vote for Nixon's first term.

NoseyRosey
Waterboy

Post by NoseyRosey »

GrumpyPundit wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:43 pm There is no way that Mark or anyone with real power in SW is reading this thread and having it impact a hypothetical decision about coaching.
You would be surprised. Some people have such a big ego they can't help themselves from reading this stuff. They love hearing the Swanker guy brag them up and dwelling in the past.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

NoseyRosey wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:20 pm
GrumpyPundit wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:43 pm There is no way that Mark or anyone with real power in SW is reading this thread and having it impact a hypothetical decision about coaching.
You would be surprised. Some people have such a big ego they can't help themselves from reading this stuff. They love hearing the Swanker guy brag them up and dwelling in the past.
Right I’m sure all the people with state rings and their names on the wall that are Webster staff really care what myself and the tomcat queen have to say. Fun fact did you know Mrs.K has a state title too for cheerleading?

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

NoseyRosey wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:20 pm
Geez.... How dare you hate on Swanky
Attachments
Haters gonna hate.png

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Coach Williams has won a State tournament with Georgetown. He's a coach and can coach up. Just don't know if the horses are available at Western this year . Hope im wrong.

Return to “Boys Basketball”