Monroe Central

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Re: Monroe Central

Post by allOhiotraveler »

There is a rumor WKLM is live-streaming the game, but I can't find it on YouTube yet. Hopefully they do.

I hope MC packs the place. There shouldn't be a person left in Woodsfield and Lewisville. I hope the junkies get out, but it's never standing room only it seems anymore. I hope the environment is just awesome.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

allOhiotraveler wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:34 am There is a rumor WKLM is live-streaming the game, but I can't find it on YouTube yet. Hopefully they do.

I hope MC packs the place. There shouldn't be a person left in Woodsfield and Lewisville. I hope the junkies get out, but it's never standing room only it seems anymore. I hope the environment is just awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/live/uyczz6dnPe ... hktuNBMeNu

Here is the link for all who can't attend!

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Will Monroe Central be this good next season? They are sure putting things together.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:49 pm Will Monroe Central be this good next season? They are sure putting things together.
IMC has 3 seniors. It’s a mostly a junior led team with a really good freshman class. They have a chance to be special for several years. But next year will be fascinating. Barring the injury bug of course.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

Packed house!!!

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:05 pm Packed house!!!
Understatement. Terrible job by the east district. This gym does not have the capacity or the parking to hold this game.

If anyone cares about the actual game it’s 31-22 Hiland at the half.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

MC let way too much time slip away late in the 4th. Hiland had back to back possessions where they had to of drained 2 minutes.

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

54-43 final
Hiland

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I certainly didn’t see that coming. I thought MC would have enough horses but Hiland, apparently minus 3 starters, was in total control all night. Hiland had kids strong enough to mostly keep older Howell out of the paint and as good an athlete as he is he is an average at best perimeter shooter. I think for them to take the next step next year he needs to expand his offensive bag as they say.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

I think Hiland just appeared to want this game much, much more Monroe Central... Hiland was always on the floor, always attacking the offensive glass, always trying to take charges. I was surprised Monroe wasn't trying to do that.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

I think my Hawks came in with a chip on there shoulder, that not many gave them a chance with two starting seniors out and a good bench player out, they wanted to come out prove there not done yet,there also building for the future,with a reserve team that was 20-1 and freshman class that is pretty good and won the league tournament there only loss was to D1 Dover

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

This game should of been played at Meadowbrook highschool, I'm not sure why it wasn't, like last district finials with River was

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

16 turnovers really hurt MC. Hiland a little more sound in executing.

One thing Coach Schlabach said in the post-game interview was that they schedule tough environments and opponents for nights like tonight. They looked like the team that was better prepared to handle the magnitude of that game.

Great crowd MC brought with them. Loved how hard both teams played and competed.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:22 pm This game should of been played at Meadowbrook highschool, I'm not sure why it wasn't, like last district finials with River was
Meadowbrook is currently a mess due to construction, I assume that is the reason why. Cambridge, or John Glenn would have been a much better more central location imo.

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:22 pm This game should of been played at Meadowbrook highschool, I'm not sure why it wasn't, like last district finials with River was
Meadowbrook currently undergoing a building project. They are in no condition to host games.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Sorry I didn't know that, about Meadowbrook highschool, I would like to see MC next couple of season really beef up there non-league schedule

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

I have not noticed that anyone has mentioned Hilands great defensive performance...the 16 MC turnovers were caused by a defense that contested every pass, every dribble and practically every shot.
MC had not seen pressure D like that all year.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Great year for MC, No reason they can't be right back there playing for a trip to Regionals next season.

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am Great year for MC, No reason they can't be right back there playing for a trip to Regionals next season.
Hiland likely to be D6 next year. If MC is 7, they will cruise to regionals. D6 will be much tougher.

Despite the loss, I was impressed with MC. I had seen them play on film several times and didn’t think they played very hard on defense. They did last night. And the truth is on film they didn’t need to play very hard because they were so superior to their opponents. As several have mentioned, they need to find a few schedule upgrades. Should give Hiland AD a call and offer to drive up to Berlin next year. Schedule Linsley- that wouldn’t be terribly far for MC. Hawks are going to visit them in Wheeling next winter.

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

HHS wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:39 am
MC Noles SportsFan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:19 am Great year for MC, No reason they can't be right back there playing for a trip to Regionals next season.
Hiland likely to be D6 next year. If MC is 7, they will cruise to regionals. D6 will be much tougher.

Despite the loss, I was impressed with MC. I had seen them play on film several times and didn’t think they played very hard on defense. They did last night. And the truth is on film they didn’t need to play very hard because they were so superior to their opponents. As several have mentioned, they need to find a few schedule upgrades. Should give Hiland AD a call and offer to drive up to Berlin next year. Schedule Linsley- that wouldn’t be terribly far for MC. Hawks are going to visit them in Wheeling next winter.
I think there are still questions as to what enrollment numbers OHSAA uses next year with the added divisions, but everything I’ve heard Monroe will most likely be D6 as well

Return to “Boys Basketball”