Fairland 98 Huntington Ross 62 a final

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Fairland 98 Huntington Ross 62 a final

Post by pfloyd »

Fairland 98
Huntington 62 a final

... and they're off!!! talk about a track meet !!! ... Fairland has been a team that plays best when they can get out and run, spread the floor, not let the defense setup ... while struggling the most when forced to play in the halfcourt - difficulty scoring in the paint, inconsistent scoring from beyond the 3 point line ... tonight Huntington seemed more than happy to play into the up tempo game - themselves pushing the ball ... the opening 1/4 mile had the Dragons dropping 32 points in the qtr - 5/9 from behind the 3 pt line ... 4 transition buckets while forcing 8 HHS turnovers ... scoring for the Dragons : Brody Buchanan 10pts/2 treys ... Will Davis 10pts/1 triple ... Chase Allen 7pts/1 3 ball ... JD Thacker 5 pts/1 triple ... for the Huntsmen of Coach Bradley, were led by 6-4 sr post player Dalton Black 6 pts all on the blocks/ the rest of the scoring was from beyond the 3 point line as HHS went 3/6 ... Caiden Stewart 3pts/Carson Henneberger 3pts/Ryan Porter 3 pts each with a trey apiece ... Fairland 32 Huntington 15 end of 1 ... Huntington never got closer than 12 points the rest of the game ... the 2nd qtr had the Dragons adding to their margin of separation outscoring the Huntsmen 20-16 ... Davis continued to lead the scoring for FHS with 6pts/16 in the half/ Buchanan 5 pts/ including his 3rd trey of the game / JD Thacker matched his 5 pts in the 1st with 5 pts in the 2nd with his 2nd trey / Chase Allen 2/2 from the FT line/ Keegan Smith came off the bench for a 2 pointer ... Huntington if nothing else was consistent with their team scoring - 15 pts in the 1st qtr/ 16 in the 2nd/ 16 in the 3rd and 15 in the 4th period ... scoring for Huntington in the 2nd period - Caiden Stewart added his 2nd three pointer of the game/5pts ... Black 4 pts/ Carson Henneberger 2pts/Isaac Kellough a three pointer (3pts)/ Ryan Porter 2 pts ... Fairland 52 Huntington 31 at the half ... the Dragons of Coach Speed cooled off from behind the arc going only 1/5 in the 3rd period as the soph lefty Brody Buchanan put up 8 points with a triple included/ Thacker with 6pts on midrange jumpers in the paint/Allen 4pts and 2 from Will Davis ... Huntington had Stewart dropping a pair of threes (8pts)/ Black 3pts/ Porter 5 with three ball ... Fairland 74 Huntington 47 after 3 ... this one was in the books after the opening quarter , the goal is to get to the house without any injuries - get it in the books and move on ... Huntington didn't cash in its' chips - played physical/played hard the entire game ... an advantage HHS had all game was in the paint with the 6-4 Black ... in the 4th period at one point Black had 11 points on his own ball ... the Dragons had no answer to stop the big man ... the only other points for HHS in the period was a 2 pter from Wes Brown and Stewart going 2/2 from the line ... at the 4:39 mark on the clock - starter Will Davis left the game after twisting an ankle/ Steeler Leep fouled out at 4:18 on the clock ... in the quarter, starters JD Thacker and Leep put up 13 points (Thacker 7pts/Leep 6pts) ... subs entered and almost got the Dragons to the magic 100 pt mark ... the subbing in the last 3 running clock minutes by both teams kept the score under the century mark BUT off the bench the Dragons got 11 points - Noah Marcum 5pts/ 1 three ball ... Keegan Smith 3pts/a triple ... and Cliff Franson 3pts/a 3 ball of his own ... Fairland 98 Huntington 62 a final ...

...Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Huntington

Scoring ... Dalton Black 24, Caiden Stewart 18, Ryan Porter 10, Carson Henneberger 5, Isaac Kellough 3, Wes Brown 2
3 pointers ... 8/30 ... Caiden Stewart 4, Ryan Porter 2, Carson Henneberger 1, Isaac Kellough 1
FTs ... 8/14
TOs ... 19
PnP ... 14 fgs/ 28 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fg / 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 1 fg/ 2 points on putback buckets

... Pfloyd's official UN-official Napkin Stats - Fairland

Scoring ... JD Thacker 23, Brody Buchanan 23, Will Davis 18, Chase Allen 13, Keegan Smith 7, Steeler Leep 6, Noah Marcum 5, Cliff Franson 3
3 Pointers ... 12/29 ... Brody Buchanan 4, JD Thacker 3, Will Davis 1, Chase Allen 1, Cliff Franson 1, Keegan Smith 1, Noah Marcum 1
FTs ... 4/8
TOs ... 14
PnP ... 16 fgs/ 32 points in the paint
PnT ... 8 fgs/ 16 points in transition
Pbk ... 5 fgs / 10 points on putback buckets

... the Dragons will host Nelsonville York (62-28 winner over Wellston) Saturday night in the Carl York Center ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fairland 98 Huntington Ross 62 a final

Post by 93Bulldog »

Did you seriously drive to Fairland for this game?
Wow Floyd, that's impressive. Lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Thought Fairland would push towards 100 as Huntington doesn’t slow down for anybody. They’ll be the ones on the other side in about 2 years, just not quite there talent wise yet.

Thanks for the post!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm intersted in seeing the outcome of the NY/Fairland game on Saturday.
This is not your typical NY team, they are a solid ball club.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:31 am I'm intersted in seeing the outcome of the NY/Fairland game on Saturday.
I say Fairlands season will be over Saturday , earliest out in some time .
This is not your typical FHS team either .

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

I have been watching fairland for years now. Started around 2007 I think when Belville was coaching. This is the worst fairland team I have seen. Hope they prove me wrong.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

84Dragon wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:11 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:31 am I'm intersted in seeing the outcome of the NY/Fairland game on Saturday.

Looks like I couldnt have been more wrong ,thankfully

Dragonguy13
Freshman Team

Post by Dragonguy13 »

84Dragon wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:55 pm
84Dragon wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:11 pm

Looks like I couldnt have been more wrong ,thankfully
Glad you were wrong and I’m sure the kids appreciated the bulletin board material

Return to “Boys Basketball”