Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (4-1) 12-15

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (4-1) 12-15

Post by J_Manziel2 »

Thoughts on this one? I'm picking Caldwell by 13 but this will be a close game until the end and Caldwell hits some free throws. I think this is a tougher matchup in the league for Monroe but I give them a chance at home. Just think Caldwell will prove to be too much if they stay out of foul trouble

PVC MAN
JV Team

Re: Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (4-1) 12-15

Post by PVC MAN »

MC has Howell and Caldwell has no one that can gaurd him. I'm taking MC by 10.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

No one to guard Howell?? Cmon Tanner Clark is one of if not the best defenders in the league.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

EasternDspy wrote:No one to guard Howell?? Cmon Tanner Clark is one of if not the best defenders in the league.
I hope Clark guards him. Howell is too big for Clark to gaurd.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Finally back on here. Been awhile. I've caught the two Caldwell home games, my son graduated last year. They looked good in the games I watched. Athletic and long. Tanner Clark is the strongest and best athlete in the league so I'd say if he guards Howell his "size" won't be a problem. Caldwell also has some length, couple of 6'5 kids who move well. I don't know what else Monroe has and it's hard to get a win over there but I'd say it will be a good game. Somebody on the PVC thread said Caldwell lost 7 seniors, that's true, but they only lost two starters. Both were good players but they still have a lot back.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Howell is a volume shooter because he's the only scorer they have the record is deceiving they haven't beat a good team.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Redskinwitness,

How did Bellaire St. John look? Heard they didn't have a coach up until a couple weeks before the season, and that they lost some players.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

formerfcfan wrote:Redskinwitness,

How did Bellaire St. John look? Heard they didn't have a coach up until a couple weeks before the season, and that they lost some players.
I'm not redskin, but St John is not good right now. You're correct that the coach got the job a couple weeks before the season started. One player is ineligible I think. They have some size, but Frontier beat them by 25.

kdtfmg
Waterboy

Post by kdtfmg »

Just wondering how Howell did? You were saying no one could guard him! What a joke that turned out to be! Great game Redskins. 5 against 8 and still won by 20. Total team effort! Keep focused boys!

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

kdtfmg wrote:Just wondering how Howell did? You were saying no one could guard him! What a joke that turned out to be! Great game Redskins. 5 against 8 and still won by 20. Total team effort! Keep focused boys!
Howell had a rough night shooting but he was also hit on his arm most of the night. You were right, the refs were bad but Caldwell got most of the calls all night. It will be a different outcome next time. Lets regroup and beat FF Friday night.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

Wasn't at the game but was told Caldwell dominated after the 1st quarter. Francis completely took Howell out of the game and still had 20+ points on offense. Also was told the refs were so bad making 10+ charging calls that weren't even close. People from both sides driving in and getting undercut and called for a charge.

kdtfmg
Waterboy

Post by kdtfmg »

PVC MAN wrote:
kdtfmg wrote:Just wondering how Howell did? You were saying no one could guard him! What a joke that turned out to be! Great game Redskins. 5 against 8 and still won by 20. Total team effort! Keep focused boys!
Howell had a rough night shooting but he was also hit on his arm most of the night. You were right, the refs were bad but Caldwell got most of the calls all night. It will be a different outcome next time. Lets regroup and beat FF Friday night.

Obviously, you weren't at the same game! Numerous questionable fouls called on Caldwell. The rough night of shooting may have been a result of great defense by Caldwell's big kid! He definitely wasn't hitting anyone's arm, good excuse though! Same result Friday and in the rematch! Enjoy the rest of your season!

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

Caldwell was the better team for the night. Monroe missing a starter for the second straight game, probably miss Friday too. Monroe is an inexperienced team with only Howell having any real varsity experience. Monroe will win games through hustle and hard work...no size and little experience is not a good combination.
As far as the officials...everyone should try going to a game where they have NO care in who wins and you'll see the same type of game as the other night. Home team fans think calls going against them and visiting team fans thinking they are getting the short end of every call...where in truth the game is called pretty well, sure they're going to miss calls and even make flat out bad calls but more often than not it goes both ways.
Not sure that there were 10+ charges called but I do know one player for MC took 4...only one I thought may not have been. I also know he's taken charges in other games and will take several more this season...the kid will step in front of anyone and take the charge, no flopping from him.

Mick's Diner
Waterboy

Post by Mick's Diner »

MC Noles SportsFan wrote:Caldwell was the better team for the night. Monroe missing a starter for the second straight game, probably miss Friday too. Monroe is an inexperienced team with only Howell having any real varsity experience. Monroe will win games through hustle and hard work...no size and little experience is not a good combination.
As far as the officials...everyone should try going to a game where they have NO care in who wins and you'll see the same type of game as the other night. Home team fans think calls going against them and visiting team fans thinking they are getting the short end of every call...where in truth the game is called pretty well, sure they're going to miss calls and even make flat out bad calls but more often than not it goes both ways.
Not sure that there were 10+ charges called but I do know one player for MC took 4...only one I thought may not have been. I also know he's taken charges in other games and will take several more this season...the kid will step in front of anyone and take the charge, no flopping from him.
No disrespect to the kid but he was lying on the ground 2-3 feet before contact and the refs were so stupid they called it. Caldwell is way stronger than the other teams they have played this far and it works for them in a bad way when it comes to officiating and its called like a jr high girls game.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

So all 4 times he was lying on the ground before any contact was made and 2-3 feet before...Ok, wow my bad.
I guess I'll have to get together with the staff again and watch the game with glasses on this time....lol

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

I usually only use this for schedules and scores but I'll chime in here. The charge/block call is the most difficult call in the game, it happens so fast and can usually go either way. Naturally, I'll still give an official a hard time if it's close and doesn't go our way, just part of the game. #10 for Monroe played his tail off and took the majority of the charges called, it takes guts to step in to take a charge, especially over and over. I'd take that kid on my team any day. Not sure I'll see a kid play harder than that all year. That's a sign of a very good teammate and very well coached team. Monroe plays as hard as anyone you find, that's a difficult place to get a win. Scooter does a great job and Monroe has a very respected basketball program.

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Great post coach...thanks for the input.

Return to “Boys Basketball”