D4 Regional Semi-Final: Valley vs Western

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D4 Regional Semi-Final: Valley vs Western

Post by Ironman92 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:39 am This is one I’ve been waiting for! I normally go with conference loyalty, but after the utter lack of class the Valley Indian fans showed in Waverly last time, there’s no way I can be on that train. I hope the Western Indians beat the brakes off of you!!
Must’ve been pretty bad

junedawg14
Riding the Bench

Post by junedawg14 »

Any word on whether or not this game is being live streamed?

We Need More Cowbell!
2Time
Freshman Team

Post by 2Time »

junedawg14 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:27 am Any word on whether or not this game is being live streamed?
Game will be live on BMG Media

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:16 am
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:39 am This is one I’ve been waiting for! I normally go with conference loyalty, but after the utter lack of class the Valley Indian fans showed in Waverly last time, there’s no way I can be on that train. I hope the Western Indians beat the brakes off of you!!
Must’ve been pretty bad
As usual, it depends on what color your shirt is. Both sides were extremely passionate that night and the lady from Valley went too far. But anyone who wants to talk about class while cheering for a team with a coach acting the way he does, well that’s utterly classless. Good times and good luck to Saints of Waverly in their matchup against Greenfield.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Baseball_Dad wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:03 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:16 am
Must’ve been pretty bad
As usual, it depends on what color your shirt is. Both sides were extremely passionate that night and the lady from Valley went too far. But anyone who wants to talk about class while cheering for a team with a coach acting the way he does, well that’s utterly classless. Good times and good luck to Saints of Waverly in their matchup against Greenfield.
The coaching excitement could be quite a show if game is tight and officiating not deemed fair. Both teams have coaches that really get upset. I honestly was worried Stewart was going to have a heart attack last year at McClain when my son got in during clean up time with a 1:37 left on the clock and we were up 17…..they entered the wrong number in the book and it was a technical foul and the refs were just sorting it out. He came unglued lol.

I’ll guess out of area officials? I THINK that slightly would benefit Waverly in style of play, but nothing significant.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I like it…the Saints from Waverly cheering against the rednecks of Valley….and it was much more than the lady that came out on the floor. You guys are bonkers!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:01 am I like it…the Saints from Waverly cheering against the rednecks of Valley….and it was much more than the lady that came out on the floor. You guys are bonkers!

Lol it must’ve been bad. I’ve never seen anything but supportive posts from you.

I’m concerned Valley might be a little rough on Waverly next year….just a hunch

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I like to root for conference affiliates however with Western being from Pike County I will be rooting for the Indians in green and white

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:29 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:01 am I like it…the Saints from Waverly cheering against the rednecks of Valley….and it was much more than the lady that came out on the floor. You guys are bonkers!

Lol it must’ve been bad. I’ve never seen anything but supportive posts from you.

I’ll bet your right, I-92.😂 I do get the Saints comment, bc I know we’re not perfect, but wow! If you would have dumped a pile of rocks in the stands, they’d have stoned the refs to death. As of said before, I know some great folks from Valley, but…

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Harambe wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:15 am
coop wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:16 pm I’m starting to sense Harambe is here using reverse psychology lol
Not even close. I was saying the same stuff in the trimble thread and I was wrong. Western is a solid team. But much like Trimble not much competition during the season is going to hurt them here. Western was beat by like 45 last year to this same team - 1 player I think. In all honesty I really like this Valley team and was hoping they would get Trimble in this game. So now I am doubling down. But long live Harambe!
I like it. lol

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

They will be.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

coop wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:17 pm

They will be.
Because that's always a great message from a coaching staff: "Our kids are going to pummel your kids this season because your kids beat us last year and aren't even on the team anymore!" Not to mention I HIGHLY doubt Robertson is the coach next year either.

Classy stuff there.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:55 pm

They will be.
Because that's always a great message from a coaching staff: "Our kids are going to pummel your kids this season because your kids beat us last year and aren't even on the team anymore!" Not to mention I HIGHLY doubt Robertson is the coach next year either.

Classy stuff there.
What makes you think Robertson leaves?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Kicker. wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:01 pm

They will be.

Classy stuff there.
I have zero inside information so don't hold me to that.

I just think with his oldest boy graduating, not coaching could free up time for him to be able to go watch his son. His youngest son prefers football over basketball so who knows if he'll even play moving forward. He might, might not. No clue. And Waverly is a D2 school that's about to graduate a TON of talent and in a league that returns a ton of talent. It will be an insanely difficult job going forward and I'm not sure a veteran coach wants to stick around for the rebuild.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:06 pm
Kicker. wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:01 pm

Classy stuff there.
I have zero inside information so don't hold me to that.

I just think with his oldest boy graduating, not coaching could free up time for him to be able to go watch his son. His youngest son prefers football over basketball so who knows if he'll even play moving forward. He might, might not. No clue. And Waverly is a D2 school that's about to graduate a TON of talent and in a league that returns a ton of talent. It will be an insanely difficult job going forward and I'm not sure a veteran coach wants to stick around for the rebuild.
Fair assessment very reasonable things too

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Ok, back to the game tonight…I think this one has the potential to be game of the year! Two similar styles, athletes all over the floor, and back at the Convo baby!! How great will it be to see Sweet Lou on the mic!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Swank enroute to the Mecca

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can’t remember…was it Western or McClain that they are paying for all the students tickets? One of those but I forget where I read that.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

I've go myself a Pfloyd sighting. Looking good pretty fly brother.5 minutes from Hiland vs NC.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

They will be.

Classy stuff there.
I said they will be, as in I don’t think the games will be very close. Waverly loses a lot, Valley does not.

I won’t, and will never get into the “these fans are idiots” bashing of a community because in my time in SEO, I’ve PERSONALLY seen a fan from almost EVERY SCHOOL (including Waverly) get tossed or act like an idiot in some fashion…it’s just the what have you done for me lately crowd.

I’ve heard many many times where entire crowds from almost every school (including Waverly and Valley) have ridden the refs the entire game.

If you’re going to throw stones at a community, don’t forget the things that have happened in your own…even if in the past.

Good Luck to the Tigers the next game, I won’t be classless enough to root against them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”