District Finals…Valley vs Fairfield

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

District Finals…Valley vs Fairfield

Post by Ironman92 »

This game didn’t go well to start the season. Valley just waxed them by like 24.

I imagine this one will be closer to 10 points. Valley should win. I’ll go 54-44

transplant
SE

Re: District Finals…Valley vs Fairfield

Post by transplant »

For valley, you have to put the first meeting out of your head. Different team this go around. Should be a good game. I still like my Indians to come out on top.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Valley by 8

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Agree it will be closer than the original matchup but I still
Like Valley by 12 or so.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Valley wins in a closely contested game. P The talked about showdown between either Western or Trimble lòoms.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Valley in your matchup with Fairfield.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Valley big 16 or more

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Valley appears to be on the way up with most of their starters returning next season. Regardless, great group that is ready to win now. If you told me they will be in the regional final, I would not doubt it.

I think the biggest thing to note is that one team from SEO has a VERY good shot to be in Columbus. They just need to get through the East District champ (probably, no disrespect to columbus district but its a very down year for them).

I like Valley by 8. They can score so evenly. At one point in the second half, 4 starters all had 11 points and the fifth had 7-8. Five players that can get you points is a scary thing to have in a state tourney run.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

transplant wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:15 pm For valley, you have to put the first meeting out of your head. Different team this go around. Should be a good game. I still like my Indians to come out on top.

Yeah, just ask Ironton about that.

Valley can win this ganne and possibly the region.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

yabba: agreed...Valley got a real good shot to advance to Columbus. They can beat you in so many ways, which makes them a hard team to gameplan against. I look for Valley to keep on rolling to Regionals with a 64-52 win.*

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

If Valley can stay out of foul trouble, they can go as far as they want. I love the contribution that their 6'8 big man gives them. His size alone affects the game in helping alter shots from the opposing team, but he shows flashes of skill and really helps the team. I think he needs more minutes. Overall, Valley has the pieces to bring home a title. They can't get caught looking ahead. They had an impressive win the first go around with this team, but hopefully they realize it's a different team than the one they played earlier.

Keep it going Indians!

Allaround82
Waterboy

Post by Allaround82 »

This Valley team reminds of the old UNLV Running Rebels of 90. Run and gun offense with the full court “Amoeba D”. All five can score and lead the break. That’s a deadly combination at this level.

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

Valley by 11

MattyIce
Freshman Team

Post by MattyIce »

Fairfield will give Valley all they want in this one. They are very gritty and make you earn every point you get. This will be a slugfest. If Fairfield can limit Valley’s runs throughout the game, then they have a very good chance at the upset.

OldHead47
Waterboy

Post by OldHead47 »

I think the calling of the game will help predict the score. If Fairfield is able to get physical with Valley like the way there were able to with Symmes Valley, then it will be a close game. If they get into a situation where the refs are calling everything, it could be a 20 point win for Valley.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Fairfield will make this a game but I don't see them having enough pieces to overcome the Indians. I agree with Oldhead depending on how the refs call could be a major change of outcome in this game. Valley by 10.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

These two teams faced off early with Valley coming out on top. I recall hearing at the time Fairfield was missing a few players the first match.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Is this game streaming anywhere?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Bmg media on YouTube

Hoopie74
SEOP