Waverly at Eastern Tuesday 12/21

smurray
SEOPS HO

Waverly at Eastern Tuesday 12/21

Post by smurray »

Waverly with a very nice showing against a very good D1 Newark team, losing in OT at Alexander.
Tigers will be tested and ready to get back in the win column before heading to Ironton on Wednesday to take on Hurricane West Virginia.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly at Eastern Tuesday 12/21

Post by Ironman92 »

Won’t be close

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly 78
Eastern 46

Travis Robertson win # 200

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Trey Robertson with 28 points and 13 assists - YES 13.... This young man is so unselfish and will become Waverly's all time leading scorer soon and could reach the 2,000 point plateau.
He could easily of had 40+ points last night but gives up the open looks to involve everybody else, a true TEAM player. I've seen people post and say Waverly's offense is centered around one player and even some insinuate he's a ball hog - THAT COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.
Watching him last night give up many, many opportunities to score shows he's not worried about scoring records and self. Every game this year has been that way.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:08 am Trey Robertson with 28 points and 13 assists - YES 13.... This young man is so unselfish and will become Waverly's all time leading scorer soon and could reach the 2,000 point plateau.
He could easily of had 40+ points last night but gives up the open looks to involve everybody else, a true TEAM player. I've seen people post and say Waverly's offense is centered around one player and even some insinuate he's a ball hog - THAT COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.
Watching him last night give up many, many opportunities to score shows he's not worried about scoring records and self. Every game this year has been that way.
I don't believe he's a ball hog and not sure I've seen anyone else mention it but Waverly's offense does run through 1 player but when you're playing at the level Trey can play at against these teams that's how it's going to work. The times I've seen him I always felt he done a nice job of finding the open players and moving the ball but when it was crunch time in close games against tough teams he'd put up bad shots. He needs to play this way against every team and it will help him and Waverly that much more come tourney time. I mean 28 points and 13 assist puts him at having a hand in at least 54 of the 78 points that's pretty dominate. Now it was against Eastern so that made things look much easier, Eastern playing up in the bigger division has really hurt them in league play and I only hope it helps them come tournament time. At first some said, "well Eastern is young and it'll work out," this is coming from the Eastern faithful but the starting lineup consisted of 4 seniors and a Junior for small schools and in this area that typically puts you in a great position. Good luck going forward and congrats to Robertson on win #200.

Return to “Boys Basketball”