Fairland at South Point

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Fairland at South Point

Post by Dragon70 »

Should be a real test for both teams so early in the season with the winner having an early lead in the OVC standings. I believe that South Point has beaten Fairland at home twice in recent years so it’s a tough place to play at for the dragons. Looking forward to this one!!

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Re: Fairland at South Point

Post by CAT22 »

Should be a great game, taking the dragons but it won’t surprise me if the pointers pull the upset.

dragons1234
Waterboy

Post by dragons1234 »

Any streaming links for this game?

Rexdog
Waterboy

Post by Rexdog »

South Point 48-45

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

That was a great ball game

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

The Wiseman fightin 5 win as expected!!! Fairland had 1 player who was more interested in showboating after every free throw or point then just playing game..Anyone at game who actually watches knows who it was. Running down the court saying to his student section after scoring they can’t guard me. Fairland had 3 song birds who wanted to talk instead of just play the dern game. Coach wiseman outcoached Speed. Move em up Pfloyd. I Smell dem oranges.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

I’m not even going to comment about mrwonderful because obviously has no idea what he is talking about. But man what a great high school basketball game. Both teams defended well and played hard from start to finish. Both those teams will be tough come tournament time. Fairland has to find more offensively than just going to Aiden porter. And I will also add he is the best player in southern Ohio that I have seen. SP had 3 guys in double digits so as a TEAM they beat Fairland who looked like a one man show. #0 Snyder, #24 ermovilich, #10 kazee all played well for SP. Coach Wise did a great job tonight as well as coach speed. Two good teams going head to head with a great crowd was fun to watch. Almost felt like we were back before Covid. Congrats to SP on great win at home. I think this is Fairlands 4th loss in like 6 years in the ovc. So maybe we will have a new crown for OVC champ this year!

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Well actually you did comment didn’t you? Let’s fact check that by reading the above comment. The fightin wiseman 5 school the showboaters!!!!! Lesson to learn for Dragons. Play hard like you did but the taunting and belittling of players as not able to guard you sometimes comes back to haunt you!!!!! 3 by Ermovich!! With big screen by Doran!!!!

Dragon70
Freshman Team

Post by Dragon70 »

Yes great game and awesome home court advantage. The pep band brings a lot of emotion. Nice win for the pointers and look forward to the rematch. Two solid teams with a whole lot of basketball left to play .

Hotfoot
Waterboy

Post by Hotfoot »

Sp has way more depth. They were off tonight believe it or not, and didn’t even have Adams after the first which is always clutch. Great game to watch.

BBALLBABE32
Waterboy

Post by BBALLBABE32 »

Mr.Wonderful must be a pointer homer. Never saw the kid from Fairland in anyway do anything disrespectful too the other team. On the contrary pretty sure I saw him help multiple kids from the other team up off the floor and congratulate #10 at mid court after the game. I will say outstanding basketball game. South Point played tough. Fairland as well. To me game came down to execution as usual. Dragons missed to many bunnies and FT’s for a close game. South Point seemed to get crucial rebounds and was able to score down the stretch. Yea, for the record Aiden is the best player in southeastern OH. Ask any coach. This was the 2nd time I’ve seen him this year along with Eastern Brown. Best player on the floor against both quality teams. A tournament game for these 2 down the road would be very interesting. I’ll definitely be at the rematch at Fairland whenever that is. Also. Looking forward to both teams playing Gallia. They are off to a good start.

Hotfoot
Waterboy

Post by Hotfoot »

Yeah didn’t see anything out of line either. Hell of a basketball game. That’s it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Dragon70 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:28 pm Yes great game and awesome home court advantage. The pep band brings a lot of emotion. Nice win for the pointers and look forward to the rematch. Two solid teams with a whole lot of basketball left to play .
... Fairland has a hard time AT South Point - Pointers beat Fairland on the SP home court LAST season too if I'm not mistaken ...

Pointerbasketball
Waterboy

Post by Pointerbasketball »

PFloyd keep hating and showing the pointers no love we need the fuel for our fire

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:54 pm
Dragon70 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:28 pm Yes great game and awesome home court advantage. The pep band brings a lot of emotion. Nice win for the pointers and look forward to the rematch. Two solid teams with a whole lot of basketball left to play .
... Fairland has a hard time AT South Point - Pointers beat Fairland on the SP home court LAST season too if I'm not mistaken ...
Correct, and look how incredible last seasons fairland squad was! The pointers just play fairland hard at home. This is going to be an interesting season especially in the OVC, it is impossible at this point to tell who is going to come out on top. I can see Fairland, South Point, Ironton, or Galia winning the OVC, and I wouldn’t even count out Portsmouth or the peake either. They all have the potential to do so, I think it just comes down to which team can really start coming together near the end of the season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

CAT22 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:44 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:54 pm
Correct, and look how incredible last seasons fairland squad was! The pointers just play fairland hard at home. This is going to be an interesting season especially in the OVC, it is impossible at this point to tell who is going to come out on top. I can see Fairland, South Point, Ironton, or Galia winning the OVC, and I wouldn’t even count out Portsmouth or the peake either. They all have the potential to do so, I think it just comes down to which team can really start coming together near the end of the season.
... agreed - only thing for certain is that you better bring your "A" game every night in the OVC ... got to hold serve at home and steal some road wins - South Point held serve vs the Dragons Friday night - got the W they had to get ... gotta love it if you're a fan of hs hoops ... parity ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

I will say this I will defend Aiden Porter any day. He is as high quality of a kid that you will find. AP is a humble kid who works his tail off. AP might talk on the court but any athlete knows that happens during the game AP is a high character kid who always acts with good character and sportsmanship

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pointerbasketball wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:29 pm PFloyd keep hating and showing the pointers no love we need the fuel for our fire
So let me get this right, your 1st post on SEOPs is to throw shade on pfloyd ??? :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”