Jackson @ Hillsboro 1/22

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Jackson @ Hillsboro 1/22

Post by Ironman92 »

Huge FAC implications on the line this Friday in Highland Co

Hillsboro is red hot at 9-2 and undefeated at home...Jackson is 9-1 and leading the FAC at 5-0....winner of this will have the front seat for the FAC crown.

Jackson won round 1 but were down 13 points before catching fire and winning by 11.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Jackson @ Hillsboro 1/22

Post by LucasDavenport »

Tough gym to find a Road win

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:03 pm Tough gym to find a Road win
Indeed

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

This makes me happy, because we’ve got Hillsboro on Saturday and I’m glad they don’t have a cakewalk the night before either

Should be a good one

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Hillsboro the better team right now and improving. If Jackson plays well for four quarters it could be a good one. I think Indians by 10 though.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironmen will come to play. Come up short on a tough mid week showdown with Waverly. The Ironmen will be hungry to get that taste of their mouths and it will be no easy task to head to Highland County snd beat Hillsboro on their court...But if there is a team that can. It is Jackson. Coach Max Morrow will have the kids ready to play. Going to be another good one snd as mentioned before:

BIG TIME FAC Showdown!!!!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Here’s some info:

Since returning from their 2nd 2 week quarantine here’s how each of the 5 games have started:

@ North Adams ....Jackson 0 points in the first 5 minutes

@ Miami Trace....Jackson 1 point in first 4 minutes and 1 point total in first quarter

Vs Washington CH....Jackson 0 points in first 3:45 of the game

Vs Logan....Jackson 0 points in the first 4 minutes

@ Waverly.....Jackson 2 points in the first 4 minutes

So in those 5 games and only counting the first 4 minutes of each....we are down 30-3 total. Yes, we came back strong with big spurts in a few of those games and yes won all but 1 but if these Jackson kids want to win the first league title in 30 years, those first 4 minutes have to improve. I know it’s a fine line and you certainly have to adjust some for the refs (don’t want quick easy fouls early on)....but offensively it’s got to be better. They seem like they need punched in the mouth so they can get it going. Might need to punch first if they want to achieve their team goals.

I will say the defense has been good in 3 of the 5 to help keep us in it early.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

What’s Jackson return? Lost point guard who is playing at Rio. Can’t see Jackson being anywhere as good without him. Bunch of football kids it sounds.

Hillsboro already beat Chillicothe good. I don’t see Hillsboro losing this one.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Vik wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:32 pm What’s Jackson return? Lost point guard who is playing at Rio. Can’t see Jackson being anywhere as good without him. Bunch of football kids it sounds.

Hillsboro already beat Chillicothe good. I don’t see Hillsboro losing this one.

Them getting beat by waverly may send them to Hillsboro with a chip on their shoulder and ready to play. Out of the gate. As I92 pointed out above. They have struggled some from the opening tip. I trust coach Morrow has made this a point be known to them and knowing the kids on the team they prolly didn’t need reminded. I’m not counting the kids from Jackson out till the final second ticks off the clock.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:18 pm Here’s some info:

Since returning from their 2nd 2 week quarantine here’s how each of the 5 games have started:

@ North Adams ....Jackson 0 points in the first 5 minutes

@ Miami Trace....Jackson 1 point in first 4 minutes and 1 point total in first quarter

Vs Washington CH....Jackson 0 points in first 3:45 of the game

Vs Logan....Jackson 0 points in the first 4 minutes

@ Waverly.....Jackson 2 points in the first 4 minutes

So in those 5 games and only counting the first 4 minutes of each....we are down 30-3 total. Yes, we came back strong with big spurts in a few of those games and yes won all but 1 but if these Jackson kids want to win the first league title in 30 years, those first 4 minutes have to improve. I know it’s a fine line and you certainly have to adjust some for the refs (don’t want quick easy fouls early on)....but offensively it’s got to be better. They seem like they need punched in the mouth so they can get it going. Might need to punch first if they want to achieve their team goals.

I will say the defense has been good in 3 of the 5 to help keep us in it early.

Be a real good time to start changing those numbers around. Hopefully the punch in the mouth you referred to happened in pike county Wednesday night.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No freshman game....JV at 6:00

I may have to go in and sit down at Big Ernies

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Coach Morrow will get them rolling, sometimes you have to "kick start" the offensive with defense - maybe a little pressure early defensively to get some transition offense going ...anything to "get points on the board early" takes the pressure off of TRYING to score ...

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

I'll take Hillsboro in this one....62-51

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Why is Hillsboro playing well? Because it took them overtime to beat an average D4 team last week?

Preacher Purl
Riding the Bench

Post by Preacher Purl »

I would say they're playing well because they have won 5 games in a row. Fairfield taking them to OT may have been a situation where the Indians thought they could walk in the gym and dominate a county rival. Didn't happen.

I like the Indians by 10-15. IMO, they will have the two best players on the floor.

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

HamPorter wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:35 am Why is Hillsboro playing well? Because it took them overtime to beat an average D4 team last week?
always close when these 2 schools play each other....they probably played a rematch pick up game at the ymca over the weekend

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:57 pm No freshman game....JV at 6:00

By chance any link to a stream for tonight’s FAC showdown I92?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:15 am ... Coach Morrow will get them rolling, sometimes you have to "kick start" the offensive with defense - maybe a little pressure early defensively to get some transition offense going ...anything to "get points on the board early" takes the pressure off of TRYING to score ...

Well said pfloyd. Snd I too believe Coach Morrow will have these kids motor runnin prior to opening tip. Going to be a good I believe.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:13 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:57 pm No freshman game....JV at 6:00

By chance any link to a stream for tonight’s FAC showdown I92?
If you watched the North Adams livestream on NHSF it will show this game as well if you didn’t cancel subscription or you can subscribe to it for a few. It’s a good livestream. Hillsboro High School FB also streams it but it has a drag to it but is free.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

HamPorter wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:35 am Why is Hillsboro playing well? Because it took them overtime to beat an average D4 team last week?

Their record of indicates they have been playing well the majority of the seaosn to me. Beating the Highland Countians inside their own gym will not be an easy task. But if anyone can do it. Jackson is up to the challenge. Gritty hard nosed kids that play awfully good defense....they need to come out hot n swinging though. Don’t wanna see them play catch up all night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”