Warren 56 @ Fort Frye 49 Final

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Warren 56 @ Fort Frye 49 Final

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye tough schedule doesn’t get any easier as they play Warren. A team they’ve beat 1 time in 11 seasons.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enigmaax
All State

Re: Warren (3-0) @ Fort Frye (4-0) 12/15

Post by enigmaax »

Warren is 3-1 after losing to Dover tonight.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Go Fort Frye

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:14 pm Warren is 3-1 after losing to Dover tonight.
Dover always been good at basketball.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Warren (3-1) @ Fort Frye (4-0) 12/15

Post by EasternDspy »

Cadets just got a huge win @ Fairland.

Curious
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious »

Warren athletics has continued to give the people a punch in the covid gut. This punch is not just felt in our community, but every community they are involved with in athletics this winter. While covid has limited those in attendance for athletic events, Warren has locked up their streaming rights, not just for home events, but also apparently away games. Belpre and Marietta both seem to have been prevented streaming rights. With people out of work I would think Warren would have more compassion for their community and their neighbors. At a charge of $9.95 for a basketball game, when most everyone else is free is unbelievable. The taxpayers of Warren voted for new schools and additional money for athletic facility upgrades. I don't believe this is how we should be thanked!

I just wonder how much money they have made so far on streaming fees and if it is enough to pay for the goodwill they have lost.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Curious wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:46 pm Warren athletics has continued to give the people a punch in the covid gut. This punch is not just felt in our community, but every community they are involved with in athletics this winter. While covid has limited those in attendance for athletic events, Warren has locked up their streaming rights, not just for home events, but also apparently away games. Belpre and Marietta both seem to have been prevented streaming rights. With people out of work I would think Warren would have more compassion for their community and their neighbors. At a charge of $9.95 for a basketball game, when most everyone else is free is unbelievable. The taxpayers of Warren voted for new schools and additional money for athletic facility upgrades. I don't believe this is how we should be thanked!

I just wonder how much money they have made so far on streaming fees and if it is enough to pay for the goodwill they have lost.
I don’t understand this? Away games?

Also, how do you propose the school make up the loss of income they are suffering from not having people in attendance? $10 seems reasonable considering: 1) They don’t pocket that entire $10 and 2) if you attended the game individually, you’re in for $6 at the door, throw in some concessions and many people are spending that amount anyway. Take a family and $10 is a bit of a bargain.

Nothing about the situation is perfect and some people have to make tough calls. But among all sports, they aren’t going to make enough money to break even from the numbers I’ve heard.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye will have a stream for this game and it will cost 8 dollars.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:56 pm Fort Frye will have a stream for this game and it will cost 8 dollars.
Idk why Fort Frye and Warren are charging. Are you guys really hurting that bad for money?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Curious wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:46 pm Warren athletics has continued to give the people a punch in the covid gut. This punch is not just felt in our community, but every community they are involved with in athletics this winter. While covid has limited those in attendance for athletic events, Warren has locked up their streaming rights, not just for home events, but also apparently away games. Belpre and Marietta both seem to have been prevented streaming rights. With people out of work I would think Warren would have more compassion for their community and their neighbors. At a charge of $9.95 for a basketball game, when most everyone else is free is unbelievable. The taxpayers of Warren voted for new schools and additional money for athletic facility upgrades. I don't believe this is how we should be thanked!

Interesting

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak one of poorest schools in the district paid good money to Hudl and have every single home winter sporting event on YouTube jr high through high school boys snd girls on a free livestream....jr high girls, bowling team...everything.

Can’t imagine too many paying $10

E High
All State

Post by E High »

This should be a great game. 2 really good teams. We don’t see this often anymore

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

See you have to pay a fee to Ohsaa to live stream games. During football the sponsors paid a ton to do the football games for free. Fort Frye just couldn’t expect the sponsors to do that every girls and boys basketball game. A ton more basketball games than football games. No fans at the games they need to have a way to get back some of the revenue. Also they hired really good production team.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:26 am See you have to pay a fee to Ohsaa to live stream games. During football the sponsors paid a ton to do the football games for free. Fort Frye just couldn’t expect the sponsors to do that every girls and boys basketball game. A ton more basketball games than football games. No fans at the games they need to have a way to get back some of the revenue. Also they hired really good production team.
Ohsaa doesn’t control the regular season

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:07 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:26 am See you have to pay a fee to Ohsaa to live stream games. During football the sponsors paid a ton to do the football games for free. Fort Frye just couldn’t expect the sponsors to do that every girls and boys basketball game. A ton more basketball games than football games. No fans at the games they need to have a way to get back some of the revenue. Also they hired really good production team.
Ohsaa doesn’t control the regular season
Home school controls the regular season. For some reason the administration decided to have people doing the stream charge for basketball. Don't know why, but it is the school's choice. As for poor districts, our school is over 60 years old and finally got air conditioning because of covid grants given to school. So them charging $8 is ok by me. If you don't/can't pay, listen to it on the radio

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

You think 8,9,or 10 dollars a game is bad,try 12.50 a game to watch my Berlin Hiland Hawks, there's no way I'm going to pay that kind of price to watch a regular season game, there's enough big basketball backer's in this county,we shouldn't have to pay that kind of price for a game,you talk about highway robbery

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:45 pm You think 8,9,or 10 dollars a game is bad,try 12.50 a game to watch my Berlin Hiland Hawks, there's no way I'm going to pay that kind of price to watch a regular season game, there's enough big basketball backer's in this county,we shouldn't have to pay that kind of price for a game,you talk about highway robbery
Agree.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:45 pm You think 8,9,or 10 dollars a game is bad,try 12.50 a game to watch my Berlin Hiland Hawks, there's no way I'm going to pay that kind of price to watch a regular season game, there's enough big basketball backer's in this county,we shouldn't have to pay that kind of price for a game,you talk about highway robbery
It's your choice to pay or not. It's america. The market determines the price. I completely assume you don't drink or smoke, talk about price gouging

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:12 pm

I don’t understand this? Away games?

Also, how do you propose the school make up the loss of income they are suffering from not having people in attendance? $10 seems reasonable considering: 1) They don’t pocket that entire $10 and 2) if you attended the game individually, you’re in for $6 at the door, throw in some concessions and many people are spending that amount anyway. Take a family and $10 is a bit of a bargain.

Nothing about the situation is perfect and some people have to make tough calls. But among all sports, they aren’t going to make enough money to break even from the numbers I’ve heard.
This is a good post.

Not entirely sure where people get the idea that commodities like basketball games, which cost money to operate, ought to run on dramatically reduced revenue that can instead be recuperated via streaming charges. How many officials that work these games accept “free” as legal tender?

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

I have no problem with a school contracting out the livestream with a professional company that provides quality coverage. Yes, they are trying to recoup some of the lost revenue. However, they are also providing you with a chance to watch the game! Are you watching it by yourself? Possibly, but I would say the majority of people who watch it online are not doing it alone so your fee is divided by how many are in the room.

Prior to this over-hyped "pandemic", were you attending games in person for free? Of course not, so why are we complaining about paying to watch online? I would not be happy to pay the fees either but am fortunate enough that our local radio station is offering livestreaming for free with play-by-play from experiences announcers. That was an agreement between our school and radio station.

Here is where the problem lies in my opinion. The radio station obtains sponsors for the games which cover the cost. If they had sponsors to cover the cost AND charged a fee for online, I would not be happy. THAT is what many of these other livestream providers are doing. That to me is not cool. This is an opportunity to provide some help to local families who are struggling. So, if this is happening with your school/livestream provider, then I would be upset too.

Return to “Boys Basketball”