Players who should/will be known by mid season

BigChuck
JV Team

Players who should/will be known by mid season

Post by BigChuck »

Now that the season is upon us....What players are out there that we should know or will know quickly? Who’s the up and comers?

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Players who should/will be known by mid season

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Most of you probably never heard of Trey Robertson

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Isaac Little should be well know by mid season

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 pm Isaac Little should be well know by mid season
Is he Mr. Littles son?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:39 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:30 pm Isaac Little should be well know by mid season
Is he Mr. Littles son?
Old man Little is his father, yes.

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Aiden Porter - Fairland
Clayton Thomas - Fairland
Levi Blankenship - Chesapeake
Austin Webb - South Point

I know most people know these names but just thought I would throw them out there. Top 4 players in the Ovc in my opinion

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

I would also add Polycn from fairland and big guy from Gallia in there too.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Landon Barnett....sophomore guard for Whiteoak. Went for 26 against Lynchburg. Guards other teams best player. Dad (coach) and uncle (JV coach) were big stars at Whiteoak.

Peebles you have Justice and Arey, North Adams you have Copas, Eastern Brown you have Bueclers and Whiteoak you have Barnett’s

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Are we just naming the top players around? Some of these players are the key players in the district.

I see this more as an “you may not have heard much from them last year but you will this year”

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Bryce Stewart (11)/Ty Perkins(10) .. outstanding duo for the Valley Indians of Coach Norm ... Perkins is 6-4 and Stewart (6-2) ... have watched them vs South Webster and Wheelersburg ... going be/ARE anchors for a very very good Lucasville Valley ballclub ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Nate Thacker (12) for Fairland ... coming off the bench on a loaded Dragons squad NT drained 4 treys vs Piketon in one quarter, has length, helps on the boards and handles the ball well ... going to play a big role for Coach Speed this season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Joel Chevalier (12) Warren ... a team that HAS tons of talent, most of it played out of position last season trying to fill the role of Seth Dennis when he was injured 1 week before the season start ... last season Joel had to handle the ball, shot from the perimeter, distribute the ball ... THIS SEASON - Seth Dennis is back, Joel (6-2) is back being the lockdown defender, length on the perimeter in the trapping defense for Coach Maddox's Warriors ... I watched Tuesday's game vs Belpre ... Chevalier in a span of 15 seconds had 2 steals, 2 assists and scored 4 points - outstanding !!! He will be on every opponents radar for his defensive prowess, but he is now comfortable in his role AND HE LOOKS LIKE IT ON THE FLOOR ... he's a had a great opening week and a half - and he will continue to get better and better ... a couple other not as well know players BUT outstanding this season will be Kurt Taylor (6-4 sr) - great outside shot and can take the ball to the rim, Jake Baumgard (6-5 sr) looks sooo much more comfortable now that he is getting the ball in positions in the paint that allows him to take the ball up to rim, not putting the ball on the floor - he can be a double digit scorer and board man this season ... Braydon Sallee isn't an unknow to those of us who follow high school sports in SEO BUT this 6-4 junior will keep getting better and better with double double potential written on our napkin stats sheets every night he's on the floor ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:45 pm Are we just naming the top players around? Some of these players are the key players in the district.

I see this more as an “you may not have heard much from them last year but you will this year”
Swanker started it

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

South Webster has nice talent in their first 6 ... a couple relative unknowns who will play BIG in how well the Jeeps do this season are 6th man Connor Bender (5-7 so.) ... has 3 gears quick, quicker , quickest - nonstop on the defensive end and can get to the rim offensively either off the dribble or in transition ... another player I have been impressed with for SW has been Cam Carpenter (6-2 thick jr) ... doesn't score alot BUT hits the boards (8 brds in the game I watched vs Notre Dame) ... the Jeeps need his presence in the paint - he will be heard from this season imo ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tayvion Galloway (fr 6-5) Unioto ... going to be an outstanding offensive player, IS already an outstanding defensive player in the paint for the U ... great timing blocking shots, long arms, strong physique - he starts now and will settle into his role in the paint for Coach Hoops & the U ...

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:04 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:45 pm Are we just naming the top players around? Some of these players are the key players in the district.

Swanker started it
If I jumped off a bridge would you follow me?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:42 pm

Swanker started it
In here if it got more people to post? Yes

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Swanker started it
Literally everyone who is aware of sports in SEO reads SEOPS. Come out of the shadows, cowards.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Northwest's Brycen Carver 6'7 senior center looking good right now. He is a completely different player than last year. Connor Lintz the 6'1 freshman is also looking good, averaging 18.5 in his first two games.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:55 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:45 pm

Literally everyone who is aware of sports in SEO reads SEOPS. Come out of the shadows, cowards.
I’ve stooped to the level of giving free business advice on the LE forum just to have conversation with another human on this site. So jumping off a bridge would be light work

Return to “Boys Basketball”