Coach Norm Persin to Lucasville Valley

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Coach Norm Persin to Lucasville Valley

Post by BigBlueNation »

Waverly was supposed to get a couple new kids. The one already has a d1 offer as a sophomore. So if they did get them they'll be really good.

2TheHouse
Waterboy

Post by 2TheHouse »

D1 prospects now on notice

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Statesville Slayer wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:59 pm
E High wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 11:29 pm The spineless will always win out ( Board n administration)
Why are you always attacking the BOE at Valley E High?
Did one of them not sell you beer at Gahm’s?
Nothing to do with Valley. Just a general statement, very true statement. I know nothing about Valley, don’t even know where it’s at.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 pm Waverly was supposed to get a couple new kids. The one already has a d1 offer as a sophomore. So if they did get them they'll be really good.
Ohio State or Michigan ? Wow

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

E High wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:39 pm Waverly was supposed to get a couple new kids. The one already has a d1 offer as a sophomore. So if they did get them they'll be really good.
I believe it was a MAC school.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

And the rumors never end in the spring

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

E High wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm
No one said anything about Ohio State or Michigan. They said D1 and that is correct.
A D1 offer as a sophomore is legit any day. Waverly D1 Jake Kretzer had a great career at D1 MAC Akron. There have been numerous great athletes have fine careers at schools smaller than Ohio State & Michigan.
Where have some of the more notable talent went lately????

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Good for him. Next we’ll have 8th graders going D-1. It’s Not that easy. I’ve been associated with plenty of D-1 football and basketball players. They were special. That’s what it takes

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

E High wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:25 pm Good for him. Next we’ll have 8th graders going D-1. It’s Not that easy. I’ve been associated with plenty of D-1 football and basketball players. They were special. That’s what it takes
8th graders being offered D1 scholarships have already happened. Not sure what your issue with a D1 school offering a sophomore? If the D1 school has checked the kid out and knows he can play, what the problem with offering him early?*

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

8th graders being offered D1 scholarships have already happened. Not sure what your issue with a D1 school offering a sophomore? If the D1 school has checked the kid out and knows he can play, what the problem with offering him early?*
[/quote]

I did not think colleges/universities could officially talk to athletes until after sophomore year with new regulations. I could be wrong, its happened before.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Nothing against anybody Until they sign on the dotted line, it means nothing. Leave the kids alone. Not everyone is LeBron. I do wish them all well 👍

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Tower wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:36 pm 8th graders being offered D1 scholarships have already happened. Not sure what your issue with a D1 school offering a sophomore? If the D1 school has checked the kid out and knows he can play, what the problem with offering him early?*
I did not think colleges/universities could officially talk to athletes until after sophomore year with new regulations. I could be wrong, its happened before.
[/quote]

USC (Lane Kiffin) offered scholarship to QB David Sills as an 8th grader.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Not totally sure of the rules, but if they can sign on the dotted line as a sophomore, great ! If not, leave these young kids alone unless they’re the best of the best. Let them be kids for a little longer

Return to “Boys Basketball”