SOC1/SOC2 Predictions

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Re: SOC1/SOC2 Predictions

Post by RoundBall1 »

Minford loses by 21 to a Trimble team that was beaten by the Indians in the Wendy's Classic. Pretty good measuring stick in comparing these two teams as the Tomcats are a solid team.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

valley and minford still the front runners in the soc2 I still like valley but they will have to play good ball to get past minford and stay on top. soc1 east is the top team with eastern and Notre dame sitting right behind them after they beat clay I still like my eagles to take the soc1 still got 2 games with notre dame and home games with east and clay. eagles keep playing good ball I think they come out on top. both soc divisions got good race going on for that top spot with a lot of good basketball to go. GO EAGLES.

GO EAGLES
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

East controls their own Destiny in SOC 1...Valley Should win SOC 2, I believe EASTERN will lose once to ND and Clay will win second matchup giving them 3 loses in SOC 1 I also feel east will lose at least 1 game oit of the 3 left between ND,Clay and Eastern.all 4 Teams will be Scary come tournament time.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

asb wrote:East controls their own Destiny in SOC 1...Valley Should win SOC 2, I believe EASTERN will lose once to ND and Clay will win second matchup giving them 3 loses in SOC 1 I also feel east will lose at least 1 game oit of the 3 left between ND,Clay and Eastern.all 4 Teams will be Scary come tournament time.
yes they all will be tough come tournament time and all in the northwest sectional be tough to get out of there this year.

GO EAGLES
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RoundBall1 wrote:Minford loses by 21 to a Trimble team that was beaten by the Indians in the Wendy's Classic. Pretty good measuring stick in comparing these two teams as the Tomcats are a solid team.

As every Burg and Valley fan says during football season....

"You can't compare scores with opponents"!

my2sense
Waterboy

Post by my2sense »

Bleeding Red wrote:
RoundBall1 wrote:Minford loses by 21 to a Trimble team that was beaten by the Indians in the Wendy's Classic. Pretty good measuring stick in comparing these two teams as the Tomcats are a solid team.

As every Burg and Valley fan says during football season....

"You can't compare scores with opponents"!
I agree Bleeding Red. As I've witnessed the last several years, the Minford/Valley games have been nail biters! Hoping my Falcons can pull out a victory Friday night! GO FALCONS!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

It's true you can't compare scores but it gives you an idea of how teams are playing....

Pretty sure this is accurate for the SOC II

1. Valley 10-0 5-0
1. Minford 9-2 5-0
3. Waverly 6-4 3-2
3. Burg 5-3 3-2
3. Oak Hill 7-5 3-2
6. West 3-7 1-4
7. Webster 4-6 0-5
7. Northwest 1-10 0-5

DirtyBalls1
Waterboy

Post by DirtyBalls1 »

I've seen just about every SOC 1 and 2 school.. Valley plays good ball..Rolfe,Brewer and the Wolford boy are a triple threat no one wants to gaurd but if Rowe, Kelley and Perry start firing we could see another gold ball in the falcon trophy case.. Long story short keep wolford from scoring if you're minford and if youre valley keep your eyes on perry

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Minford has been without one of their better players in Shepard. I heard he was supposed to be back this month. Does anyone know his status.

Football_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Football_Fan »

DirtyBalls1 wrote:I've seen just about every SOC 1 and 2 school.. Valley plays good ball..Rolfe,Brewer and the Wolford boy are a triple threat no one wants to gaurd but if Rowe, Kelley and Perry start firing we could see another gold ball in the falcon trophy case.. Long story short keep wolford from scoring if you're minford and if youre valley keep your eyes on perry
That's an awful evaluation of each team. Rolfe, Howard, and that linne kid are the play makers for Valley. Romanello can be a factor unless you foul him then you're in for a couple airballs. Rowe and Kelley are without a doubt two of the better players for minford. Lock down Kelley and force rowe to drive.

DirtyBalls1
Waterboy

Post by DirtyBalls1 »

Valley's Wolford, Linne, Rolfe and Howard were all in double digits last night I believe. This team is showing serious swagger right now. Go injuns!

RoundBall1
Waterboy

Post by RoundBall1 »

I'll still take the Injuns, as DirtyBalls likes to call em, in a sweep of the SOC 2. Showdown vs. Minford this Friday, may the best team win.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Wolford had 6 points last night. Linne and Howard added 12 each and Rolfe led with 18 (dropping his average to 21.0 per game).

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

[quote="IWacthFromTheStands"]SOC 1 is going to have Clay come out on top again this year. They have too many good players on that team not to succeed. They have King at point guard who can outscore anyone in the league easily and he's also a PG that can see the court very well. Watching King play a few games last year was amazing especially his game at Clay versus Eastern. Hinze adds some height and can shoot the ball well along with Gilliland who can rebound very well and score at will if needed inside or outside. Fun team to watch and I plan on watching a lot of their games this year.[/quodo you still feel the same way?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

asb wrote:
IWacthFromTheStands wrote:SOC 1 is going to have Clay come out on top again this year. They have too many good players on that team not to succeed. They have King at point guard who can outscore anyone in the league easily and he's also a PG that can see the court very well. Watching King play a few games last year was amazing especially his game at Clay versus Eastern. Hinze adds some height and can shoot the ball well along with Gilliland who can rebound very well and score at will if needed inside or outside. Fun team to watch and I plan on watching a lot of their games this year.[/quodo you still feel the same way?
tou do realize that half way through conference schedule Clay has 2 losses and East is undefeated in conference.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I believe Clay has 3 league losses (Eastern, East, ND). Going to be tough for them now, but they are good enough to play a factor in who wins the league.

ND vs. Eastern tonight will also cause some separation near the top. East is in the driver seat, and has done a nice job putting themselves in position to win it. There is a lot of basketball left though.

I think the current league standings look like this (corrections appreciated) :

1. East 6-0
2. Eastern 5-1
2. Notre Dame 5-1
4. Clay 3-3
5. Western 2-4
5. Green 2-4
5. Symmes Valley 2-4
6. New Boston 0-6

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

Just Curious, I know east beat both Clay and Eastern at East. Was there win against ND at ND or at East?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

TripleDouble wrote:Just Curious, I know east beat both Clay and Eastern at East. Was there win against ND at ND or at East?
At ND. 2nd game of year. Don't really understand why you would play a league game so early. You would think you would want to play a bunch of games first to get the bugs worked out. But both teams were in same situation.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Mailman wrote:
asb wrote:
IWacthFromTheStands wrote:SOC 1 is going to have Clay come out on top again this year. They have too many good players on that team not to succeed. They have King at point guard who can outscore anyone in the league easily and he's also a PG that can see the court very well. Watching King play a few games last year was amazing especially his game at Clay versus Eastern. Hinze adds some height and can shoot the ball well along with Gilliland who can rebound very well and score at will if needed inside or outside. Fun team to watch and I plan on watching a lot of their games this year.[/quodo you still feel the same way?
tou do realize that half way

through conference schedule Clay has 2 lossesand East is undefeated in conference.[/

Thats why i asked lol

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Mailman wrote:
TripleDouble wrote:Just Curious, I know east beat both Clay and Eastern at East. Was there win against ND at ND or at East?
At ND. 2nd game of year. Don't really understand why you would play a league game so early. You would think you would want to play a bunch of games first to get the bugs worked out. But both
at ND by 15....ND had already played a couple games before that (Portsmouth and Greenup/South point)...that was East first game. ND is a very good team and will cause alot of teams issues. I love their coach. I like ND tonight in a tight one.

Return to “Boys Basketball”