D3 District - Fairland vs. South Point

bbjunky81
SEO

D3 District - Fairland vs. South Point

Post by bbjunky81 »

March 1st at 2:00. Can South Point win this time around? Thoughts?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: D3 District - Fairland vs. South Point

Post by Ironman92 »

Fairland by 8

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Fairland by double digits.

vegas2loveland
Waterboy

Post by vegas2loveland »

was 93 the year ryan ramey was injured in that car wreck?
did he have a scholarship offer to osu or am i just making that up?
i believe it was 93 they lost to portsmouth in regional semis didnt they have a 6'4 6'3 kid who resembled pete sampras? wondering what his name was

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Actually SP had Fairland beat in their 2nd matchup of season without Webb because of a couple bad breaks in last minute of game...I guarantee Fairland was wanting North Adam's instead of SP...Pointers by 6

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

mrwonderful wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 am Actually SP had Fairland beat in their 2nd matchup of season without Webb but lost because of a couple bad breaks in last minute of game...I guarantee Fairland was wanting North Adam's instead of SP...Pointers by 6

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

mrwonderful wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 am Actually SP had Fairland beat in their 2nd matchup of season without Webb ...
SP tied it up with 3min to go @ 44 all after trailing the entire game. SP never lead.

Webb played the entire game. He had 20 pts.

Post by Firebreather »

South Point has a shot if they can take care of the ball. Fairland got very "ME" oriented last week against Westfall. Backdoor stuff was there all night and they didnt take advantage of it like they usually do. It is always tough to beat a team 3 times but I think it happens here. Fairland by 12

Rexdog
Waterboy

Post by Rexdog »

South point by 7

svc_guy
Freshman Team

Post by svc_guy »

I don’t know much about South Point but seeing Fairland on film and against Westfall I think a deep run in the tournament is about a year away. They have all the pieces for a great team but think a year of physicality and maturity will really help them go deeper. Westfall was able to dictate the game for three quarters by playing good hedge, trap, and help defense. This was not a function of what Fairland did not do but their inability to get through the hedging and rotations of Westfalls defense. Westfall was running a freshman and 4 sophomores out there and was still a able to control tempo. The game changed when Westfall went cold in the fourth and Fairland picked the tempo up dramatically as Westfall had to gamble to play catch-up. I would guess they would have 4-5 losses in the SVC. Three point shooter had 0 points but big man played terrific along with the shooting guard. Fun team to watch.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

vegas2loveland: Portsmouth beat Fairland 80-75 in the 1990 district championship, and beat the Dragons 77-68 in the 1991 regional semifinals.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

mrwonderful wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:58 am Actually SP had Fairland beat in their 2nd matchup of season without Webb because of a couple bad breaks in last minute of game...I guarantee Fairland was wanting North Adam's instead of SP...Pointers by 6
I think Fairland is comfortable with who they got. It wont be so close this time

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

In typical Fairland fashion this game will be close for awhile then Fairland will pull it out comfortably by the end.

Fairland by 15.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
earp
S

Post by earp »

vegas2loveland wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:54 am was 93 the year ryan ramey was injured in that car wreck?
did he have a scholarship offer to osu or am i just making that up?
i believe it was 93 they lost to portsmouth in regional semis didnt they have a 6'4 6'3 kid who resembled pete sampras? wondering what his name was
He was injured in the 91-92 season,He was verballed to Purdue prior to his senior year.Fairland lost to Ironton without him in the district finals.

golfis4me
Riding the Bench

Post by golfis4me »

Webb playing in this one?

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

I heard he was not but just hearsay

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

Webb will play probably play some in this game..Pointers learned how to play more as a team without Webb for 7 or so games..Pointers dominate Fairland on the big stage...double digit win possibly...Pointers only problem they don't seem to know how to play with a decent lead....Even when their ahead they play like they're behind 10 points late.....

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

mrwonderful wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:25 pm Webb will probably play some in this game..Pointers learned how to play more as a team without Webb for 7 or so games..Pointers dominate Fairland on the big stage...double digit win possibly...Pointers only problem they don't seem to know how to play with a decent lead....Even when their ahead they play like they're behind 10 points late.....

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

good I hope hes back and well

Dragons16
Waterboy

Post by Dragons16 »

Fairland by at least 15. I’m predicting 54-37

Return to “Boys Basketball”